Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So realistically is it possible for us to get Chris Paul?

^

No offense.

not happening ....where is this money coming from???? trade stat???? what fool would be willing to take his salary??? bad back, bad knee uninsured contract???? what GM would touch that???? isaiah thomas???? oh wait that fool doesnt have a job

^ Shoot Amare in his left knee, force him to retire, clear his $20M from the payroll and trade all our assets for Chris Flop, sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

Superstar

We're fine at the Pg position. It's the PF position that's our only weakness. I'd wait till Atlanta goes into rebuilding mode and try an Amare trade for Smith or Horford

Look I love that Melo is a Knick but we gutted our team to get him here and that is what would have to happen for CP3.

I'm not gonna say we "don't need him" of such and such player is "better" it's just the price is too steep for him

it would take Novak,Felton,Kidd,Copeland and Shump (they'd insist on Shump and Copeland) plus they would want at least 1 pick.

leaving us with

CP3/Pablo (love Pablo as a 3rd PG, long term backup...not so much)
    Brewer/JR/James White
    Melo/Brewer (all of sudden pretty thin at this position)
    Stat/Sheed/Camby
    Chandler/Camby

Great starting 5 (on paper) and no bench , very similar to when we got Melo. We would go from Sheed,Camby and Pablo being valuable role players/insurance policies to absolutely counting on production from them...uh no!

Not to mention...Paul has a knee injury that could rear it's head at anytime.

This move would sell tickets but far from a sure shot at improving our team!

Paul is a level above both Felton and Kidd but collectively they give The Knicks more than Paul could ever...now factor in losing Shump...Hell No!!!

Glen has made moves that gives us a chance to win now with cap freedom 2 seasons from now, great plan that we need to stick to Paul would want a long term deal so that's a deal breaker for me.

dont think we can get cp3 for taht mix...they would probably let him walk rather absorb those contracts

as much as some of you hate kidd, i think he makes our ball movement way better when on the court, he always shoots those lazer fast passes to the open guy...that ha been key to open shots in the first 2 games, and he has kept his matchup honest on D

Kidd is still very valuable, i see him getting minutes at SG and SF even when Shumpert is back. To this day Kidd makes everybody else better when hes on the court, his leadership is unmatched. Feltons not Chris Paul but u dont need a great point guard to win a championship. In the past 10 years we have seen teams with Derek Fisher, Mario Chalmers, and i believe Jason Williams with the Heat win championships. Id love to have CP3 but he aint coming to NY with Stats contract

Superstar

You don't need a top point guard to win anything. The Heat didn't have one, the lakers had Fisher, and We have kidd now who was enough for the Mavericks.

We are a lot like the Mavericks now. An eclectic group of veteran players with one superstar and one or two 1/2 stars.

THAT is the only thing that will beat the heat.

NOTHING else will work. Because no matter what other three players you could get, a big three will never beat the Heats big three. You need an entire team, and having chris paul means we wouldn't have one anymore.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    You don't need a top point guard to win anything. The Heat didn't have one, the lakers had Fisher, and We have kidd now who was enough for the Mavericks.

We are a lot like the Mavericks now. An eclectic group of veteran players with one superstar and one or two 1/2 stars.

THAT is the only thing that will beat the heat.

NOTHING else will work. Because no matter what other three players you could get, a big three will never beat the Heats big three. You need an entire team, and having chris paul means we wouldn't have one anymore.
    Great post it makes alot of sense with us bringing in Similar guys to the MAVS Champ team. Vocal Kidd and Chandler and Melo as the non vocal star ( he is more vocal this year) similar to Dirk. I think we are fine as long as PF is good we should be a second round lock , if we gel like last year ECF vs MIA

Veteran

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    According to those within the Clipper organization they feel he isn't a really great fit, also he still wants to get to NY, so what chance do we have with the cap?
    That I find hard to believe. Got a link with that story, CP not a fit with beast like BG running the floor looking for those CP alley oops.

I don't see how it would work in a trade scenario tbh. Plus with the knicks coming out guns blazing these first two games, i'm excited for what we have on the floor now. Gutting the roster for CP3 would put us back a step in terms of "chemistry" it would be like that half season after the Melo trade all over again.

I think we are fairly well set in our roster right now and I don't think that the GM will make such a move, but i could be wrong!

Originally Posted by New New York
    Look I love that Melo is a Knick but we gutted our team to get him here and that is what would have to happen for CP3.

I'm not gonna say we "don't need him" of such and such player is "better" it's just the price is too steep for him

it would take Novak,Felton,Kidd,Copeland and Shump (they'd insist on Shump and Copeland) plus they would want at least 1 pick.

leaving us with

CP3/Pablo (love Pablo as a 3rd PG, long term backup...not so much)
    Brewer/JR/James White
    Melo/Brewer (all of sudden pretty thin at this position)
    Stat/Sheed/Camby
    Chandler/Camby

Great starting 5 (on paper) and no bench , very similar to when we got Melo. We would go from Sheed,Camby and Pablo being valuable role players/insurance policies to absolutely counting on production from them...uh no!

Not to mention...Paul has a knee injury that could rear it's head at anytime.

This move would sell tickets but far from a sure shot at improving our team!

Paul is a level above both Felton and Kidd but collectively they give The Knicks more than Paul could ever...now factor in losing Shump...Hell No!!!

Glen has made moves that gives us a chance to win now with cap freedom 2 seasons from now, great plan that we need to stick to Paul would want a long term deal so that's a deal breaker for me.
    (they'd insist on Shump and Copeland)
    Copeland will not be a crucial part in getting CP3

Look man I love Chris Paul but I'm not trading Iman Shumpert for him when I have Raymond Felton, who's a borderline top 10 PG if he plays up to his potential this year.

Think about this, our potential core is

Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler
    Raymond Felton
    Amare Stoudemire- watch his minutes
    Iman Shumpert
    JR Smith
    Steve Novak
    Ronnie Brewer- hopefully we can re-sign him
    2013 1st Round Draft Pick- preferably a big man to groom
    2013 MLE Free Agent Acquisition

with vets Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd still under contract and maybe Sheed and KT coming back and if Brewer does leave I think James "Flight" White can be a good replacement for him

We dont need more roster turnover, keep this core and build on it

what is the rule , are we allowed to go over the cap and pay a huge tax, or are we straight up not allowed to?
    Lakers payroll is 100 mil, FWIW.

GET PAUL?

hahahaha!!!!

The same knuckle-head management that couldn't even able to keep Lin who was a D-Leaguer???

ARE YOU GUYS OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    GET PAUL?

hahahaha!!!!

The same knuckle-head management that couldn't even able to keep Lin who was a D-Leaguer???

ARE YOU GUYS OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!