So realistically is it possible for us to get Chris Paul?

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
dont think we can get cp3 for taht mix...they would probably let him walk rather absorb those contracts

as much as some of you hate kidd, i think he makes our ball movement way better when on the court, he always shoots those lazer fast passes to the open guy...that ha been key to open shots in the first 2 games, and he has kept his matchup honest on D

KingCharles34

All Star
Kidd is still very valuable, i see him getting minutes at SG and SF even when Shumpert is back. To this day Kidd makes everybody else better when hes on the court, his leadership is unmatched. Feltons not Chris Paul but u dont need a great point guard to win a championship. In the past 10 years we have seen teams with Derek Fisher, Mario Chalmers, and i believe Jason Williams with the Heat win championships. Id love to have CP3 but he aint coming to NY with Stats contract

Forrest17

Rotation player
You don't need a top point guard to win anything. The Heat didn't have one, the lakers had Fisher, and We have kidd now who was enough for the Mavericks.

We are a lot like the Mavericks now. An eclectic group of veteran players with one superstar and one or two 1/2 stars.

THAT is the only thing that will beat the heat.

NOTHING else will work. Because no matter what other three players you could get, a big three will never beat the Heats big three. You need an entire team, and having chris paul means we wouldn't have one anymore.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
You don't need a top point guard to win anything. The Heat didn't have one, the lakers had Fisher, and We have kidd now who was enough for the Mavericks.

We are a lot like the Mavericks now. An eclectic group of veteran players with one superstar and one or two 1/2 stars.

THAT is the only thing that will beat the heat.

NOTHING else will work. Because no matter what other three players you could get, a big three will never beat the Heats big three. You need an entire team, and having chris paul means we wouldn't have one anymore.

Great post it makes alot of sense with us bringing in Similar guys to the MAVS Champ team. Vocal Kidd and Chandler and Melo as the non vocal star ( he is more vocal this year) similar to Dirk. I think we are fine as long as PF is good we should be a second round lock , if we gel like last year ECF vs MIA

tiger0330

Legend
According to those within the Clipper organization they feel he isn't a really great fit, also he still wants to get to NY, so what chance do we have with the cap?
That I find hard to believe. Got a link with that story, CP not a fit with beast like BG running the floor looking for those CP alley oops.

p0nder

Starter
I don't see how it would work in a trade scenario tbh. Plus with the knicks coming out guns blazing these first two games, i'm excited for what we have on the floor now. Gutting the roster for CP3 would put us back a step in terms of "chemistry" it would be like that half season after the Melo trade all over again.

I think we are fairly well set in our roster right now and I don't think that the GM will make such a move, but i could be wrong!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Look I love that Melo is a Knick but we gutted our team to get him here and that is what would have to happen for CP3.

I'm not gonna say we "don't need him" of such and such player is "better" it's just the price is too steep for him

it would take Novak,Felton,Kidd,Copeland and Shump (they'd insist on Shump and Copeland) plus they would want at least 1 pick.

leaving us with

CP3/Pablo (love Pablo as a 3rd PG, long term backup...not so much)
Brewer/JR/James White
Melo/Brewer (all of sudden pretty thin at this position)
Stat/Sheed/Camby
Chandler/Camby

Great starting 5 (on paper) and no bench , very similar to when we got Melo. We would go from Sheed,Camby and Pablo being valuable role players/insurance policies to absolutely counting on production from them...uh no!

Not to mention...Paul has a knee injury that could rear it's head at anytime.

This move would sell tickets but far from a sure shot at improving our team!

Paul is a level above both Felton and Kidd but collectively they give The Knicks more than Paul could ever...now factor in losing Shump...Hell No!!!

Glen has made moves that gives us a chance to win now with cap freedom 2 seasons from now, great plan that we need to stick to Paul would want a long term deal so that's a deal breaker for me. :gony:

(they'd insist on Shump and Copeland)

:teeth: Copeland will not be a crucial part in getting CP3

Look man I love Chris Paul but I'm not trading Iman Shumpert for him when I have Raymond Felton, who's a borderline top 10 PG if he plays up to his potential this year.

Think about this, our potential core is

Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler
Raymond Felton
Amare Stoudemire- watch his minutes
Iman Shumpert
JR Smith
Steve Novak
Ronnie Brewer- hopefully we can re-sign him
2013 1st Round Draft Pick- preferably a big man to groom
2013 MLE Free Agent Acquisition

with vets Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd still under contract and maybe Sheed and KT coming back and if Brewer does leave I think James "Flight" White can be a good replacement for him

We dont need more roster turnover, keep this core and build on it

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
what is the rule , are we allowed to go over the cap and pay a huge tax, or are we straight up not allowed to?
Lakers payroll is 100 mil, FWIW.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
GET PAUL?

hahahaha!!!!

The same knuckle-head management that couldn't even able to keep Lin who was a D-Leaguer???

ARE YOU GUYS OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!

CA7

Scoring Champ
GET PAUL?

hahahaha!!!!

The same knuckle-head management that couldn't even able to keep Lin who was a D-Leaguer???

ARE YOU GUYS OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!

thanks.gif

smokes

Huge Member
According to those within the Clipper organization they feel he isn't a really great fit, also he still wants to get to NY, so what chance do we have with the cap?

I don't even know what to say to this CP3 is the best thing on the Clippers, he's the only reason they're relevant. Take him off that team and you got another crap team with a good young guy like the Wizards.

Isn't a great fit? :lol:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I'm done trading entire teams for big name players... If this team can continue to play together like this then why start from scratch ALL OVER AGAIN. We've done this so many times in NY. Organizations like SA make an effort to keep guys playing together for years and you can see why. They're also old as **** but still one of the best teams in the past decade.

Honestly I'd rather have 3 capable PGs who all know this team like the back of their hands then 1 all star PG and another guy we hope doesn't **** **** up when he comes in cause we had no money to pay any1 better.

NO MORE SEAT FILLING MOVES FROM HERE ON.

CP3 is the best PG in my eyes and I believe that he can be a head coach right now in this league if he wanted which is scary...BUT... I'd rather have the brain power of Felton + Kidd + Pablo and those 3 sets of eyes on the court then 1 CP3.

...AND stop trading our young promising players... Trade Shump and you've traded a Hobo.

Rant Over.

I'm done trading entire teams for big name players... If this team can continue to play together like this then why start from scratch ALL OVER AGAIN. We've done this so many times in NY. Organizations like SA make an effort to keep guys playing together for years and you can see why. They're also old as **** but still one of the best teams in the past decade.

Honestly I'd rather have 3 capable PGs who all know this team like the back of their hands then 1 all star PG and another guy we hope doesn't **** **** up when he comes in cause we had no money to pay any1 better.

NO MORE SEAT FILLING MOVES FROM HERE ON.

CP3 is the best PG in my eyes and I believe that he can be a head coach right now in this league if he wanted which is scary...BUT... I'd rather have the brain power of Felton + Kidd + Pablo and those 3 sets of eyes on the court then 1 CP3.

...AND stop trading our young promising players... Trade Shump and you've traded a Hobo.

Rant Over.

Best comment of the month.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Felton, Kidd, Prigioni >>> CP3 yeah i said it =p

in all seriousness

CP3 is arguably the best PG out their but...

-do we NEED him??? No

-Is he worth gutting out our team again, possibly leaving us with no bench? NO

i mean the way this knicks team is built...i rather keep our 3 headed beast made up of Felton, kidd and prigioni they fit perfectly with this team. I don't want to see any trades this season... it's just not worth it.

bigapple

Starter
i want our 6 players who can shoot over 10 tryes than 1 CP3 who can be outplayed by LIN anyway time will show what will happen with stat.

Plus i am waiting for Kidd vs Parker and D-Will.

i just read that Knicks have the best start in 13 year + best since 15 years as they won all three games with average by 10+.

1st test will be Mavs without Marion @MSG then away vs Tony's layup Parker's Spurs if they win both ESPN will be talkin louder about knicks.

elcol

Rotation player
cp3 is a great player, but just like deron williams, he has no fire and is a little bitch.