So realistically is it possible for us to get Chris Paul?

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
According to those within the Clipper organization they feel he isn't a really great fit, also he still wants to get to NY, so what chance do we have with the cap?

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
If Kidd retires I'd be up for it. I don't wanna deal Felton again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
According to those within the Clipper organization they feel he isn't a really great fit, also he still wants to get to NY, so what chance do we have with the cap?

If Chris Paul isn't a good fit on any team, then whoever's in charge is a failure.

I don't buy that for a second.

And no, we don't.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Its a catch 22 I love Chandler but should we have held off on the amensty in case STAT broke down? No team will take on his contract unless we include Shumpert which is not an option in my:2cents: opinion.

KingCharles34

All Star
Crazy⑧s;251952 said:
If Chris Paul isn't a good fit on any team, then whoever's in charge is a failure.

I don't buy that for a second.

And no, we don't.

Exactly what i was thinking, if theres anyone in LA thats with the Clippers and wants CP3 gone, they deserve to be broomstick sandpaper butt raped tortured. Bengay dipped tube down their pee hole.

And im sure the Clippers have no interest in any deal involving Negative Stats

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
cp3 will be a knick next year. letting lin go still doesnt make sense to me, signing paul would be the only explanation. it's just them choosing between lin and paul. **you heard it here first

I'm fine with the team we have now. Our team should be able to compete with anyone this season and when STAT and Shump come back the league better watch out.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
CP3?

how-bout-no.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I still want him on the Knicks. Anyone not named Chandler and Melo and can go.

If Amare's salary is dumped this would make room for CP3 no?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Would that mean we'd lose our depth though if we still would have Melo and Chandler? I don't see the need for him with Felton, Shump, etc.

bigapple

Starter
I still want him on the Knicks. Anyone not named Chandler and Melo and can go.

If Amare's salary is dumped this would make room for CP3 no?

when he was last time @ MSG he was outplayed by LIN

Paul can be in herre as FA ?

i know he is good friend with melo

but knicks have now few Nuggets formers players Felton Melo Camby JR

for now Felton can learn alot from Kidd
i dont know why so much ppl talkin so strong that CP3 is the best PG in NBA

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
not happening ....where is this money coming from???? trade stat???? what fool would be willing to take his salary??? bad back, bad knee uninsured contract???? what GM would touch that???? isaiah thomas???? oh wait that fool doesnt have a job

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^ Shoot Amare in his left knee, force him to retire, clear his $20M from the payroll and trade all our assets for Chris Flop, sounds like a plan, doesn't it? :teeth:

Rob Low

Rotation player
We're fine at the Pg position. It's the PF position that's our only weakness. I'd wait till Atlanta goes into rebuilding mode and try an Amare trade for Smith or Horford

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look I love that Melo is a Knick but we gutted our team to get him here and that is what would have to happen for CP3.

I'm not gonna say we "don't need him" of such and such player is "better" it's just the price is too steep for him

it would take Novak,Felton,Kidd,Copeland and Shump (they'd insist on Shump and Copeland) plus they would want at least 1 pick.

leaving us with

CP3/Pablo (love Pablo as a 3rd PG, long term backup...not so much)
Brewer/JR/James White
Melo/Brewer (all of sudden pretty thin at this position)
Stat/Sheed/Camby
Chandler/Camby

Great starting 5 (on paper) and no bench , very similar to when we got Melo. We would go from Sheed,Camby and Pablo being valuable role players/insurance policies to absolutely counting on production from them...uh no!

Not to mention...Paul has a knee injury that could rear it's head at anytime.

This move would sell tickets but far from a sure shot at improving our team!

Paul is a level above both Felton and Kidd but collectively they give The Knicks more than Paul could ever...now factor in losing Shump...Hell No!!!

Glen has made moves that gives us a chance to win now with cap freedom 2 seasons from now, great plan that we need to stick to Paul would want a long term deal so that's a deal breaker for me. :gony: