Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brewer Thread

Now yall see why i was so excited about getting him.. especially at the price we did. Man we really had a great off season when you think about all the dead weight we removed.

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Brewer will be here for the long term hopefully. Would hate to see him, Shumpert and Felton included in a package for CP3.
    The only way I see that happening or GG making that move is if he got Stats contract off the books. Which won't happen. So I wouldn't worry about it. GG seems like he likes building a team, with depth and diversity. Theres no way well be able to do that with 4 players on max deals. It was hard enough even with 3 for that matter. Can only imagine the moves Grunwald could have made if we didn't have stats contract.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    The only way I see that happening or GG making that move is if he got Stats contract off the books. Which won't happen. So I wouldn't worry about it. GG seems like he likes building a team, with depth and diversity. Theres no way well be able to do that with 4 players on max deals. It was hard enough even with 3 for that matter. Can only imagine the moves Grunwald could have made if we didn't have stats contract.
    STAT's contract and defence are killing us. If the Knicks push in to the ECFs this year, then maybe - MAYBE - Dolan will unleash the cash. If not, we may be able to S&T both he and Smith, but I doubt it'll happen. They'll be courted like mad if they keep this play up.

F*cking Stoudemire!

Superstar

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    STAT's contract and defence are killing us. If the Knicks push in to the ECFs this year, then maybe - MAYBE - Dolan will unleash the cash. If not, we may be able to S&T both he and Smith, but I doubt it'll happen. They'll be courted like mad if they keep this play up.

F*cking Stoudemire!
    Yeah totally. Though Im not sure if his contract hurts us as much as it once did. I think it just killed some potential moves we could have made (Like O.J Mayo etc.)

But Correct me if im wrong, even if we had kept our amnesty and written Stat off the books completely, we would still be over the cap or really close too it. Because of all the moves Grunwald has made since then combined with carmelo and Chandler (who totally earn their contracts)

So while it hurts, Im not sure if its really the big killer it might seem like. We still have a lot of flexibility with some clever gm work to manipulate the cap, which Grunwald seems very adept at. While we could make some more moves without stats contract, it would only really be the difference between a 3 million mle and a 5 million. Which isn't that HUGE of a difference.

He designed it so that pretty much everything comes off the books after 2014 , other than novak. So until then its just a bunch of cap manipulation till then. With things like bird rights and sign and trades Im sure we will be fine. And in 2014 worst case scenario I bet we can find someone to take his expiring contract if he doesn't turn things around.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    Yeah totally. Though Im not sure if his contract hurts us as much as it once did. I think it just killed some potential moves we could have made (Like O.J Mayo etc.)

But Correct me if im wrong, even if we had kept our amnesty and written Stat off the books completely, we would still be over the cap or really close too it. Because of all the moves Grunwald has made since then combined with carmelo and Chandler (who totally earn their contracts)

So while it hurts, Im not sure if its really the big killer it might seem like. We still have a lot of flexibility with some clever gm work to manipulate the cap, which Grunwald seems very adept at. While we could make some more moves without stats contract, it would only really be the difference between a 3 million mle and a 5 million. Which isn't that HUGE of a difference.

He designed it so that pretty much everything comes off the books after 2014 , other than novak. So until then its just a bunch of cap manipulation till then. With things like bird rights and sign and trades Im sure we will be fine. And in 2014 worst case scenario I bet we can find someone to take his expiring contract if he doesn't turn things around.
    It depends on how well the season goes, and what it'll take to meet early expectation. I'm not overly sure of what moves would be possible, given Dolan's sporadic behaviour come salary time and who/what's available to us.

As far as I know, we've used up all of our exceptions: MLE, MMLE etc. I don't think signing Jimmy White to a partially guaranteed 2 year, $1.8M deal was a good move by Grun Dog, Pablo's proven to be worth beyond that already.

The Knicks know that their window of opportunity closes at the end of the 2014-2015 season with the group they've assembled, but the key will be the 2 previous off-seasons - this year's and 2013-2014, in which Brewer comes off the books (12-13), Kurt Thomas will likely retire (assumption), Pablo might return to Argentina, who knows?

The big killer is JR's Player Option. I was an advocate of holding on to him and his sky-high potential this offseason, and look how it's payed off so far. We need to keep this guy. He's putting in a bid for a starters job anywhere in the league outside of 4-5 teams, and was denied that starting role here.

Re the cap, I think STAT's contract kills us. We've played our best ball without him, and his uninsured contract makes him immovable. The league's new injury exception will be the only thing that clears him off the books ASAP. The only other option would be something along the lines of what the Knicks did with Eddy Curry ~ pay off the majority of his contract and then move him.

If Amar'e comes back and plays well, AWESOME! I don't think I can be labelled too much of a cynic for seeing that as unlikely. Everything he sucks at the most is what we need him to excel at.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    If Amar'e comes back and plays well, AWESOME! I don't think I can be labelled too much of a cynic for seeing that as unlikely. Everything he sucks at the most is what we need him to excel at.

I actually think he'll play well I'd be more worried about him being injured again, if you look at it everytime since Melo's been in NY that Amare's started to play well he gets injured or something and it sets him back even more.

Megaditto's...great POST on Ronnie Brewer comparing him to looser LANDRY FIELDS

PLEASE PLAY HIM. Sick of Woodson not playing him as if some of the regulars in the rotation are doing much. He couldn't even get minutes in garbage time.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    PLEASE PLAY HIM. Sick of Woodson not playing him as if some of the regulars in the rotation are doing much. He couldn't even get minutes in garbage time.
    Well, we just traded him for a 2nd rounder from OKC.

He's now a Thunder.
    Last edited by MadJack; Feb 21, 2013 at 15:49.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Well, we just traded him for a 2nd rounder from OKC.
    Opens up a roster spot to sign a free agent big. OKC had earlier in the day traded Maynor for the rights to a draft pick.

Nice ill take a second round pick for him considering we don't have room for him now that Shumpert is back. Even though we win with him in the lineup. Now we got a open roster spot for a PF!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Well, watch Ronnie Brewer come back to life because dumbass Woodson doesn't know how to use him, especially on a championship caliber squad like Thunder, their defense just got better....and for a 2nd round pick? LMAOOOO 2nd round picks are useless especially since it's OKC pick and it'll be 55-60 range, unless they gave us a 2nd rounder that formally belonged to a lottery team.

2nd round drafts have sucked since 2005, 2005 had Ellis, Blatche, Ilyasova, Bass, Miles, Turiaf, Louis Williams, Gelabale, Amir Johson(picked 56th) and Marcin Gortat (picked 57th wow)

Lets not forget my man Ricky Sanchez.

Sucks how his short term tenure as a Knick finished considering how great it started.

I liked Brewer alot, especially his D.....wish him the best but disappointed he isn't still a NYK.

Sent from my LG-P999

Veteran

Doesn't help the Knicks this year or when we get the pick, OKC it'll probably be the 58th pick in that draft.

Brewer started off strong but he came back to earth with his shot which affected his minutes and then his D went south. Ugliest FT form in the league even worse than Chuck Hayes.