View Poll Results: Did the Heat lose on purpose?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 4.35%
  • No

22 95.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the Heat lose on purpose?

Hybrid View

Default Did the Heat lose on purpose?

After the game, I was shocked. I did not think the current squad would beat the Heat. My friend (who like neither Heat/Knicks) heard that the Heat lost on purpose in light of Sandy. To make NY feel better. I don't believe him but it kinda makes sense if that was the case. Wade said before the game that it didn't feel right playing vs Knicks because of Sandy. There seems to be quite a handful of people who think this is the case.

Then I watched the game again, and I realized the Heat just wasn't playing like they always do. So now I'm not quite sure if it is really the case. What do you guys think?

Superstar

You're an idiot

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    After the game, I was shocked. I did not think the current squad would beat the Heat. My friend (who like neither Heat/Knicks) heard that the Heat lost on purpose in light of Sandy. To make NY feel better. I don't believe him but it kinda makes sense if that was the case. Wade said before the game that it didn't feel right playing vs Knicks because of Sandy. There seems to be quite a handful of people who think this is the case.

Then I watched the game again, and I realized the Heat just wasn't playing like they always do. So now I'm not quite sure if it is really the case. What do you guys think?
    What?!.. No. What?!.....

Did you notice Denver took them to the brink as well in their next game by playing a similar style to us? Penetrate and dish to the open scorer? They haven't learnt to defend that yet.

Superstar

You're ip should be banned for saying something like that, because an account ban isn't enough when you can just make another account. You do realize they are professional athletes? Wow, stupid post.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Default No disrespect to the OP

Come on guys, don't flame him. I don't think they lost on purpose but a case could be made for it.

They just came out flat and I think we shocked them in the 1st and they never really came back in it. Definitely weren't at their best but it's great that we know we can beat them with the effort and commitment to both ends of the floor.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Come on guys, don't flame him. I don't think they lost on purpose but a case could be made for it.

They just came out flat and I think we shocked them in the 1st and they never really came back in it. Definitely weren't at their best but it's great that we know we can beat them with the effort and commitment to both ends of the floor.
    Lol I said no disrespect to the OP

If they lost on purpose the league would be already looking into it if not started an official investigation. IMO they really have nothing to prove, they're the current champions, LeBron finally got his ring and won his third MVP and that's the reason they didn't play as hard as expected, Sandy has nothing to do with it and saying they wanted to make NYers feel better is irrational.

Superstar

Absolute Bollocks. These players are competitors coming off a championship season. They hate losing and it becomes worse when it's such a blowout. Then they play at home to the nuggets and barely scrape a win. Here's the deal with the overrated 'talent' that is miami. Whenever they play against some proper old school defensive teams, they have issues. It happened in the 2011 finals when they came up against Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, and Tyson Chandler, and it happened again the other day when they faced Jason Kidd (again) Tyson Chandler (again) Ronnie Brewer, Carmelo Anthony, and JR Smith who were immense on D. If you block the heat's path to the basket, they are a below average team. It says a lot when their best mid-long range shooting role player (After Allen) is Rashard Lewis. People need to stop treating the heat as if they are the best thing since the 90's Bulls cos they're not. In fact they are nowhere near that.

EDIT

Just a P.S to this post:

Also, don't forget how difficult they found it against the Boston Celtics in the ECF last year. The heat would barely make the playoffs in the 90's. They can match any athletic-only team any day, but they cannot match teams with a good old-fashioned basketball IQ; something Miami do not possess.

It says a lot about today's NBA when 40 year olds can outsmart and outplay today's "elite" players.
    Last edited by TakMan; Nov 05, 2012 at 05:38. Reason: Additional Info

SMH people will say anything to disrespect our soldiers

Boston was doing what we were on Tuesday, Denver pushed them to the limit.

The Heat are good but they're not a team of All-Stars and when you make their role players no existent you have a great chance to win. Wade was pretty much iced for the night, he had a good quarter. Bosh was okay and and LBJ was regular by his standards but Ray Allen, nothing, Chalmers, Haslem, Cole nothing

Thats how you beat Miami

i thought that they just weren't prepared for the game.

Question Mark

Originally Posted by Meloball
    i thought that they just weren't prepared for the game.
    I thought they just weren't prepared to be beaten at their own game - small-ball.

The passing and shooting was too good. You could see the frustration on the faces of James and Wade throughout.

To the OP ~ come on, dude. Really? If the Heat had planned to lose, why would they bother putting their 3 biggest salaries on the floor and risk injury? What kind of team - what kind of champion - acts like that?

Besides that, these are not the 2007/08 Knicks anymore..

i wouldn't say they LET US WIN, but i will say it was 50 percent the Heat not being INTERESTED or in the MOOD to play and 50 percent us simply playing great basketball.

Thats how i see it, I cant sit here with a straight face and tell you the heat didn't look pretty AWKWARD Friday