YouTube disclaimer

smokes

Huge Member
I thought this might be helpful to some of our YouTube guys out there.

Obviously YouTube likes to be really annoying and makes it so that if you put a copyrighted piece of music on your video, it won't be viewable on mobile devices etc. Really hurts the audience of a video when dudes can't watch on their iPhones.

If you paste this disclaimer into your description you should be able to get away with using whatever music you like, and still have your video viewable on mobiles.

----------------------------------

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Hope it helps.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I thought this might be helpful to some of our YouTube guys out there.

Obviously YouTube likes to be really annoying and makes it so that if you put a copyrighted piece of music on your video, it won't be viewable on mobile devices etc. Really hurts the audience of a video when dudes can't watch on their iPhones.

If you paste this disclaimer into your description you should be able to get away with using whatever music you like, and still have your video viewable on mobiles.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Hope it helps.

I friggin' love you, smokes. X