Mike Fratello basically said that - 'The Heat gave the Knicks the opener'.

petescud

Starter
I think this win sets the record straight for a lot of ex coaches/anylist....when we want to play we can with anyone. the guys came out with fire tonight and the Heat were scared

Just tweeted

@12weLvEsp404: No Melo... No Amare... No Sandy.... @MikeFratello ...So did the Miami Heat let the Knicks win again?

:thumbsup:

Starks

Starter
They didn't give anything a way. They were overwhelmed by how well we shot the ball and the intensity our "B" team showed. They had an embarrassing loss the other night and had every intent on winning this one but couldn't match up with us. Anytime Felton got pressed there was someone there to kick it out to. When Novak and JR are on, we're unstoppable. Just wait until shump is back!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo/Stoudemire/Shumpert/Camby all sitting out shows me they cant match our depth/toughness/versatility.

Miami has to make a big move

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Not taking away from our win at all. But it seemed like the Heat really planned for Melo to play and shut him down. Looked like they had no game plan out there and looked quite lost when Melo didn't play.

zwickks

Benchwarmer
Not taking away from our win at all. But it seemed like the Heat really planned for Melo to play and shut him down. Looked like they had no game plan out there and looked quite lost when Melo didn't play.

Sounds like bad coaching to me. They couldnt even adjust at halftime?

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
After the game, I was shocked. I did not think the current squad would beat the Heat. My friend (who like neither Heat/Knicks) heard that the Heat lost on purpose in light of Sandy. To make NY feel better. I don't believe him but it kinda makes sense if that was the case. Wade said before the game that it didn't feel right playing vs Knicks because of Sandy. There seems to be quite a handful of people who think this is the case.

Then I watched the game again, and I realized the Heat just wasn't playing like they always do. So now I'm not quite sure if it is really the case. What do you guys think?

- BY GHOSTRECON
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
we actually have people who posted trash like this after game 1 sheesh

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
"The Heat are treating the Knicks with lots of generosity" thought Mike Fratello after last night's game

Red

TYPE-A
They didn't give anything a way. They were overwhelmed by how well we shot the ball and the intensity our "B" team showed. They had an embarrassing loss the other night and had every intent on winning this one but couldn't match up with us. Anytime Felton got pressed there was someone there to kick it out to. When Novak and JR are on, we're unstoppable. Just wait until shump is back!

Agreed.

I anticipate Coach working them back into the fold slowly. Perhaps after 10 full practices where it is apparent they have gelled with the team that is putting a stamp on the league now.

This chemistry can't be denied and shouldn't be messed with. Although I want STAT back in the starting line up.