Page 1 of 17 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NBA Playoffs

Nba Logo 2016 NBA Playoffs

First round of the playoffs start on Saturday Apr. 16. Below are the teams and the schedule for this weekend.

My favorite to win it all just like last year are the Warriors. The Spurs are the only team that may challenge and upset the Warriors but those last two losses at the end of the season show how hard it's going to be for the Spurs to beat them. Can't wait for the WC finals which should be the best series, I expect in the NBA finals the WC team will win in 5-6 games.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tiger0330; Apr 14, 2016 at 10:21.

Eh, I've got San Antonio winning it all. Golden State didn't beat anybody last year, they're gonna have to prove me wrong and beat a legitimate team this year. Los Angeles and OKC will at least be able to put some wear on GS/SA's tires IF healthy. I'm expecting a huge playoffs from CP3 and Durant

Predictions

GS/HOU GS wins in a sweep
    SA/MEM Spurs win in a sweep
    OKC/DAL OKC wins in 5 games
    LAC/POR Clips win in 6

CLE/DET CLE wins in 5
    TOR/IND TOR wins in 5
    MIA/CHA CHA wins in 7
    ATL/BOS ATL wins in 6

Veteran

Cool thread, Tiger.

Uh oh Raptors fans. After being just plain awful in the playoffs last year, Lowry goes 2 for 9 with 3 turnovers in the first half at home against Indiana today. Is Lowry campaigning to be the NBA's new number one regular season stud, playoff dud?

DeRozan with a bad first half too. Fortunately for Toronto, Valanciunas went for 8 points and 15 boards in the first half and they lead by 2 at the half.

I don't think Indiana can beat Toronto in a full series, but if Toronto struggles in the 1st round, forget any chance of making it past the 2nd round with how solid the other teams in the top 6 in the East are this year.

Valencunias with a monster game off the boards, 19 rbs in the middle of the 3rd and a couple of sequences where he didn't convert off of offensive rebounds and the Raps could be up by 7 pts. Raps should be worried with the game so close, I thought this was the year they could get that monkey off their back but they're struggling in the first game with their star DeRozan struggling.

Veteran

I am not counting out Toronto Raptors in the EC Finals or in the FINALS.
    Raptors Head-Coach Dwane Casey will show some strategic post-season moves after sleeping many nights after getting SWEPT in the first-round last year by the Wizards.

Paul George is no joke in the 2nd half of a game, scoring 16 pts in the 3rd qtr. making the first playoff game interesting.
    We must not forget Derozan is a FA in the offseason, expect an elite performance from Derozan in the postseason games.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I am not counting out Toronto Raptors in the EC Finals or in the FINALS.
    Raptors Head-Coach Dwane Casey will show some strategic post-season moves after sleeping many nights after getting SWEPT in the first-round last year by the Wizards.

Paul George is no joke in the 2nd half of a game, scoring 16 pts in the 3rd qtr. making the first playoff game interesting.
    We must not forget Derozan is a FA in the offseason, expect an elite performance from Derozan in the postseason games.
    Phil needs to make a run at DeRozan for sure but PG has him locked up defensively. DeRozan back in at the 6:40 mark in the 4th, he needs to come through with that elite performance you're talking about.

Veteran

Paul George confirming why we lost to the Pacers 3yrs ago and why he's a better player than Melo. This guy came back from a broken leg not a torn labrum or a balky knee. Still incredible and amazing thinking about this and how well he's playing now. Paul George really has no glaring holes in his game.

PG dominating the 4th like he did the 3rd, pullup jumpers, a three and passing the ball to Turner for easy buckets. Pacers have their biggest lead of the game.

There goes the TOR home court advantage. You work so hard to get the 2 seed for the 2nd most favorable position in the playoffs and home court and you get this.

Veteran

And every game won by the Pacers especially with Paul Geroge leading and getting players involved is invaluable. Such as the case with Myles Turner. This is why there is so much pressure on younger talent in this league to be good enough to win. Turner is getting ahead on experience not so much on talent although his talent isn't really behind anyone's, with large gaps at the moment. Really big win for Pacers and horrible loss for the Raptors. The Raptors have to get past the first round chokage of postseason play
    Last edited by Broadway; Apr 16, 2016 at 14:57.

Steph went back to the locker room with a tweaked ankle. Didn't look too serious, he walked back without a noticeable limp but I would keep him out the second half with the lead the Warriors have.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Steph went back to the locker room with a tweaked ankle. Didn't look too serious, he walked back without a noticeable limp but I would keep him out the second half with the lead the Warriors have.
    Breen said he'll be back after a re-tape.

Steph attempted to come back but went back to the locker room early in the 3rd. I think he's done for today, the Warriors have enough to go deep in the playoffs without him but he's the straw that stirs the Warriors drink.

Rockets cut a 29 pt lead to 16 w/o Steph in the game.