Thread: KrisP VS PGE Turow footage

Video KrisP VS PGE Turow footage

Veteran

I sure hope the Knicks know what they're doing. I would not have drafted this kid at 4 based on what I saw in this video.

Veteran

He's looking like a tall skinny kid that will probably get abused and hurt before Preseason. He can dribble the ball (for a big man) but not well enough to utilize it (yet) in this league because he bounces the ball too high. I can easily see him causing a lot of turnovers in the post. He also doesn’t have to jump strong because he has long arms, which will help as he learns how to play post defense…something he doesn’t do well at all. I do like his jump shot, but it has yet to be truly tested under NBA pressure and talent. I’m glad to see him utilizing the sky hook…something a lot of big men fail to do well in this day and age. He’s very thin and I’m worried if he doesn’t put on some muscle he will be broken down and worn out before the year is over. From what I’ve seen of him thus far, he has the greatest potential out of all the other Euro-players the Knicks acquired over the years. Unfortunately, their “A” game doesn’t always make the trip with them across the pond. Giving his age, he still has time to grow…but we hear this about everyone…especially the last Euro players that wore Knick Jersey’s. Sometimes it feels like the James Dolan has a TV cable contract with the Euro-league and is using the NY media/stage to help promote foreign players. J/k.

Actually, that’s fine…but how about giving the NYfans (Real basketball minded people) something real to cheer and support….Instead of hype dreams and years of regret and unnecessary exposure to overhyped talent the fans have never heard of…then make us have to watch and cheer for them.

Imo, The Euro league is just not impressive enough; it’s hard to really judge BBall talent in this league because it’s where the NBA rejects and wannabe’s go to play (and sometimes dominate). I remember a time when the college players would represent USA in the Basketball Olympics…I’m sure they still can. As of now…The jury is still out on this kid…We’ll see what this youngin can do in the summer league. We’ll see if he can stay healthy enough to bang with the most talented b-ballers that all seem to be stronger and hungrier.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    He's looking like a tall skinny kid that will probably get abused and hurt before Preseason.

He's already is hurt and may not play in his Summer League debut and could sit it out completely and remember he couldn't complete his full workout in front of us. Isola said the kid told him he only worked out for about 5-10min in front of Melo before he shut it down.
    Last edited by Broadway; Jun 30, 2015 at 14:47.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Broadway
    He already is hurt and may not play in his Summer League debut and could sit it out completely and remember he couldn't complete his full workout in front of us. Isola said the kid told him he only worked out for about 5-10min in front of Melo before he shut it down.
    Knicks fans are just going to love that. That he couldn't play in Summer League because he hurt himself during those extremely grueling NBA workouts, oh brother. His brother said he's questionable for game 1 so lets hope that's the only game he misses, can't wait to see him against better talent than he plays with over there in Spain. BTW, did you see him block Mardy Collins shot in this video, I was wondering what happened to him since he left the NBA.