What do the Knicks have to do to win Charles Barkley's respect?

knicksin60

Starter
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8607930

Once again Barkley writes off the Knicks' success.

I am so tired of this guy dissing the Knicks. Does Jim Dolan have to give him his own tv network in order to persuade Barkley to say something positive about the Knicks?

I've never seen Barkley as a winning player and I don't think he really pays attention to what goes on throughout the NBA but many people look at his opinions as absolute truth and for him to criticize the Knicks the way he does makes him look stupid.

If I was Mike Lupica I would have asked him if he was still bitter about the Knicks not wanting him in the 90's and about the Patrick Ewing trade.

Last edited:
Probably win a playoff series.. or play good for more than just 4 games.. either way I don't really care what he has to say. It'll feel that much better if he continues to hate while we hopefully continue to prosper.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
**** that old hag, who gives a **** what he thinks? were the top ranked defense, smacked the champs by 20, and the NBA's lone undefeated team, won all of our games by double digits, haven't allowed a team over 90 points 90 points yet, so excuse me for not caring what "analysts" or old hags who are mad they never got a title think about how good we are.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
DOES BARKLEY HAVE A RING ????

6a00d834527dd469e200e553a2b01c8833-800wi.jpg

goNYgo

Rookie
who cares what Barkley has to say. just because he was a great player, doesn't mean he knows anything about basketball. he's nothing more than an entertainer for TV ratings :barf:

knicksin60

Starter
exactly.

Chuck Barkley is the fox news of sports broadcasting.
his stupid one-sided opinion based on his stupidity and ignorance.
he's a clown with no intellectual input.

kind of a failed thread.

I absolutely agree with everything that you said.

The argument is not whether the man is intelligent or not, it is evident that he says many things out of ignorance. The problem is that as an NBA analyst who is watched by millions of people he needs to give credit to the Knicks where credit is due despite his personal hatred towards them. No team gets disrespected more by the media than the Knicks do.

Truth be told, I think winning a title is the only way Barkley will ever eat his words, which would be the only meal in his life he doesn't look forward to. But this guy has a blatant bias against the Knicks, so we could continue to win games at this rate, have a dominant regular season, and still get no credit from him. Doesn't bother me though, that entire TNT postgame show is one big circus act anyway, I rarely take them seriously.

KingCharles34

All Star
**** that old hag, who gives a **** what he thinks? were the top ranked defense, smacked the champs by 20, and the NBA's lone undefeated team, won all of our games by double digits, haven't allowed a team over 90 points 90 points yet, so excuse me for not caring what "analysts" or old hags who are mad they never got a title think about how good we are.

Basically what I came in here to say...the Knicks need to win for themselves and no one else. Barkley doesnt know sh*t about basketball

CA7

Scoring Champ
Barkley wouldn't give the Knicks credit if went 82-0 and swept every team in the playoffs

**** Barkley, he's the definition of a hater and says things for shock value

Starks

Starter
There will never be anything we could do because Charles knows that anytime he trolls on us he gets to feel relevant when we try to win his respect. I loved him as a player and even more as a personality but the game has passed him. He's only there for comedic purposes at this point and the same goes for Shaq.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We keep doing what we're doing. A fool as foolish as he is fat is Charles Barkley. But any fool could see the issues this team had last year, and to judge by those standards at the start of the season isn't necessarily unjust, IMO. Last year the Knicks were the league's most underachieving team.

If he still slanders the Knicks after what I think'll be a 48-54 win season, then he's just proven that he's a bigger fool than everyone thinks he is.