Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF are some of these "guests" doing?

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    It's not about being defensive...

This site goes beyond the front page.
    There is history enriched in this site. It's timeless. It build this site help and got people interested in joining. Even the people who "didn't know anything about basketball", they were viewers who read their post and wanted to sign up just for that reason. They wanted their opinion made public, and this is the place to do it. This site is great for that...always been. If you're looking for a Knicks forum uncensored, this is the spot. Sorry if you guys were never apart of that, but you got to respect how this site was built up. Rady took nothing and made it out of something.
    No need to nag on him about the "outdated" front page.

Sure, we can hook it up(theres not evident problem with that)

But be respectful. Without a lot of former posters here (many great posters, most knowledgeable fans of the game you can find on the net, over realgm, prosportsdaily, nykfanpage, etc) help build this website up.

I feel like theres always room for improvement, but imagine being in Rady's chair and hear people put down his site...negative reinforcement doesn't always produce the best vibe.

No one really comes hear to read smug attitudes and how you're so much better than this website. If you want improvement and upgrade, why don't you contribute? You seem to act like you know all about that...share the wealth brother.
    I second this. KO.COM is about the history. It's about the classic battles that UFC look lame. It's about the end of season locker clean out and year end poster awards. Who cares about the front page. It's old school so what? This is where we come to kick it an talk s**T about our Knicks. And now it's about our undefeated team. Like Metro says if you have all this knowledge, enlighten us or shut it. Afraid you will get cut to pieces??? KO don't just stand for Knicks online, it's also what happens when you talk whack crap around here

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I second this. KO.COM is about the history. It's about the classic battles that UFC look lame. It's about the end of season locker clean out and year end poster awards. Who cares about the front page. It's old school so what? This is where we come to kick it an talk s**T about our Knicks. And now it's about our undefeated team. Like Metro says if you have all this knowledge, enlighten us or shut it. Afraid you will get cut to pieces??? KO don't just stand for Knicks online, it's also what happens when you talk whack crap around here
    Because having a good front page will attract more members into the community and help it to grow. It is something worth caring about.

I'm trying to be as constructive as possible without really having enough knowledge about web design but I do know wordpress especially is ridiculously easy to do (not sure how easy it is to make it run in conjunction with the already existing forums though).

Mainly I think the front page should just be very clean and crisp and defined. Once the front end is there, getting regular content up will be great and people will be inspired to create even better stuff for such a pimp looking site, which in turn will reach greater and greater audiences.

We all know knicksonline.com is without doubt the best Knicks website on the whole internet which is pretty damn spectacular given that it's basically just a forum. Add on some gloss around it and you could have something real special.

Let me just say that i don't like the way the homepage looks either. It's not something that i'm proud of. Not because of the design (which i personally like) but because of the too many outdates that makes it look extremely silly. I had something in mind when we took it to this version but it appeared to be more than i could handle.

The future of the KO website will be a plain simple wordpress site where you can read your daily headlines so you don't have to browse to all the newspapers looking for Knicks news, with a spot where anyone can throw a blog entry and some forum recommendations. A simple schedule & roster list and probably (in time) a place to find any stats you want from the beginning of this franchise.

In the meantime i leave you with Starks' blog entries while i collect today's headlines.

PS: you don't even have to go to the main site to see if any updates are available. There's the News and Headlines box on the top that helps you with that

We know you'll get it done, Rady. All in good time. The preview you gave me grows on me every time I look at it, and it'll look all the better in O&B.

Plenty of cool features on there as well.

Originally Posted by rady
    Let me just say that i don't like the way the homepage looks either. It's not something that i'm proud of. Not because of the design (which i personally like) but because of the too many outdates that makes it look extremely silly. I had something in mind when we took it to this version but it appeared to be more than i could handle.

The future of the KO website will be a plain simple wordpress site where you can read your daily headlines so you don't have to browse to all the newspapers looking for Knicks news, with a spot where anyone can throw a blog entry and some forum recommendations. A simple schedule & roster list and probably (in time) a place to find any stats you want from the beginning of this franchise.

In the meantime i leave you with Starks' blog entries while i collect today's headlines.

PS: you don't even have to go to the main site to see if any updates are available. There's the News and Headlines box on the top that helps you with that

I believe changing the news and headlines to reflect current blogs/articles is
    a major improvement towards updating: out with the old, in with the new.

I hope you don't do change the site too much just to appease the few.
    I've grown accustomed to it the way it is, and like it just fine. IMHO.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    We know you'll get it done, Rady. All in good time. The preview you gave me grows on me every time I look at it, and it'll look all the better in O&B.

Plenty of cool features on there as well.
    What preview and why I haven't gotten it yet?

You got it....

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    Because having a good front page will attract more members into the community and help it to grow. It is something worth caring about.

I'm trying to be as constructive as possible without really having enough knowledge about web design but I do know wordpress especially is ridiculously easy to do (not sure how easy it is to make it run in conjunction with the already existing forums though).

Mainly I think the front page should just be very clean and crisp and defined. Once the front end is there, getting regular content up will be great and people will be inspired to create even better stuff for such a pimp looking site, which in turn will reach greater and greater audiences.

We all know knicksonline.com is without doubt the best Knicks website on the whole internet which is pretty damn spectacular given that it's basically just a forum. Add on some gloss around it and you could have something real special.
    Honestly the main page doesn't bother me a bit. i spend no time on it as I get straight to the goods: our forum. In fact I kind of like it so I know I am in the right spot. Some sites/apps are updated every other day you have to relearn the dang things. And I know the idea is to have a bunch of new members, but that always causes choas. I would rather have less members that dig and participate than more who join just to scan the front page for xyz. I come here to hear the opinions of the old school posters....

I've joined even though I have lurked for quite sometime....I'll try to be more active and post in the threads...nice to have a place to talk about the greatness be witnessed in the Orange and Blue this season so far....

Originally Posted by carlito1171
    I've joined even though I have lurked for quite sometime....I'll try to be more active and post in the threads...nice to have a place to talk about the greatness be witnessed in the Orange and Blue this season so far....
    You picked the right site bro! I'll be looking forward to your posts.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I believe changing the news and headlines to reflect current blogs/articles is
    a major improvement towards updating: out with the old, in with the new.

I hope you don't do change the site too much just to appease the few.
    I've grown accustomed to it the way it is, and like it just fine. IMHO.
    Yeah keeping things up to date really is the main thing. Having an up to date look and feel to the site would be better imo but that's just cosmetic.

The point being when someone visits the site for the first time and sees articles, box scores and news that are two years out of date, a lot of people will immediately just click off and go elsewhere because it doesn't look like an active website. That seems to have been the case for quite a while on the front page.

KO isn't for the weak hearted you gotta bring substance and knowledge to fit in and not just post a bunch of stats like realgm for example

While there is always room for improvement, KO is definitely the best NYK fan forum online IMO and Im happy to be a member myself.

Sent from my LG-P999

I've been lurking for two years and have read all the criticism, rumors, fits of rage and meltdowns when we was the team in the league that other teams Stepped On and then over. So I signed up recently just to see links and images. Granted I don't look at any other pages in this forum since I'm not seeking peas and carrots but THAT MEAT!. I seep out so much Orange and Blue that I am The Blue Man Group lost member cause of the Orange. as far as a new user perspective the glitz wouldn't matter to me just keeping the forum post simple is good enough.

(*resources used: Lin = Glitz, carrot, peas and a overblown "knick fan base")
    (Meat: insightful criticism)

2012 Veteran Knicks = 1993 Hard Nosed Knicks

Originally Posted by QBoro
    I've been lurking for two years and have read all the criticism, rumors, fits of rage and meltdowns when we was the team in the league that other teams Stepped On and then over. So I signed up recently just to see links and images. Granted I don't look at any other pages in this forum since I'm not seeking peas and carrots but THAT MEAT!. I seep out so much Orange and Blue that I am The Blue Man Group lost member cause of the Orange. as far as a new user perspective the glitz wouldn't matter to me just keeping the forum post simple is good enough.

(*resources used: Lin = Glitz, carrot, peas and a overblown "knick fan base")
    (Meat: insightful criticism)

2012 Veteran Knicks = 1993 Hard Nosed Knicks
    one of the best first posts i've ever read. rep!