WTF are some of these "guests" doing?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Why don't they just join?

And check the sh*t some of them are looking at:

486337_4548448984519_102050822_n.jpg

I just don't even get it. :shrug:

If you want to see where I got this, it's in the forum jump option at the bottom right of your screen.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
There's a lot of reading but some of those "guests" are google/yahoo/bing spiders indexing the forum for better search results :)

DrB

Benchwarmer
The reason people don't join is they don't have to. The blog on hypothetical TRADES is complete non sense...hypothetical crap. There are many people here who don't understand basketball and the few that do get 34 to 42 viewers..pathetc. The SITE needs complete revision PERIOD.

zwickks

Benchwarmer
I only joined because I could no longer see the images unless I did.
The fact that the articles on the home page are from 2010 is a joke to be honest.

People aren't going to come back if there's never any new content..

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
some people just like to read opinions on the team. i sometimes go on other teams forums to read their opinions on our team and make fun of them. thats just me though.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I only joined because I could no longer see the images unless I did.
The fact that the articles on the home page are from 2010 is a joke to be honest.

People aren't going to come back if there's never any new content..

we're working on that dude but still we have current Knicks talk in the forums with very knowledgeable and entertaining fans

metrocard

Legend
The reason people don't join is they don't have to. The blog on hypothetical TRADES is complete non sense...hypothetical crap. There are many people here who don't understand basketball and the few that do get 34 to 42 viewers..pathetc. The SITE needs complete revision PERIOD.

And may you enlighten us with your greatness?

smokes

Huge Member
Some of the comments in this thread sound harsh but kinda true.

The frontpage is an outdated mess, no offense to anyone involved in its conception.

Everything is cramped, cluttered, poorly functioning and out of date.

I've literally only ever visited the frontpage of this site while navigating lazily to the forums if I'm on a browser without bookmarks. I never linger there.

I really suggest just finding a nice wordpress layout or something, get a nice logo (we have a bunch of talented graphics dudes here), and condense everything.

There are also a hell of a lot of sections to the site none of which I would imagine see much use. Cut it down to Home, Community, Media, Articles or something.

Frontpage should be literally logo, navigation bar, perhaps a box for latest game score, latest forum posts and articles underneath (which I understand are being worked on).

Start posting articles regularly so the frontpage is not stagnant. If we can get a graphics guy to make gfx for articles, use one of those nice navigation boxes w/e they are called for articles. Use the bbcode for the articles so they can be accessed from the frontpage but also viewed and commented on in the forums.

Tidy up and condense the forums. So many of them are completely unused. Personally I'd put the NBA forums as a child of the Knicks forum, because threads should be in that forum but people don't want to post there because threads get no attention there.

Something like this, so simple, clean and ridiculously easy to set up:

http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/bueno/

DrB

Benchwarmer
Dear Metrocard..If it were anyone else but you I would not respond and then I saw SMOKES suggestions which nailed it. Rather than be defensive take his 100% RIGHT ON suggestions and implement them and we will have a great site to match what should be a banner year for our Knicks...

metrocard

Legend
It's not about being defensive...

This site goes beyond the front page.
There is history enriched in this site. It's timeless. It build this site help and got people interested in joining. Even the people who "didn't know anything about basketball", they were viewers who read their post and wanted to sign up just for that reason. They wanted their opinion made public, and this is the place to do it. This site is great for that...always been. If you're looking for a Knicks forum uncensored, this is the spot. Sorry if you guys were never apart of that, but you got to respect how this site was built up. Rady took nothing and made it out of something.
No need to nag on him about the "outdated" front page.

Sure, we can hook it up(theres not evident problem with that)

But be respectful. Without a lot of former posters here (many great posters, most knowledgeable fans of the game you can find on the net, over realgm, prosportsdaily, nykfanpage, etc) help build this website up.

I feel like theres always room for improvement, but imagine being in Rady's chair and hear people put down his site...negative reinforcement doesn't always produce the best vibe.

No one really comes hear to read smug attitudes and how you're so much better than this website. If you want improvement and upgrade, why don't you contribute? You seem to act like you know all about that...share the wealth brother.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There's a lot of reading but some of those "guests" are google/yahoo/bing spiders indexing the forum for better search results :)

Ah, I see. Crazy⑧s' net knowledge - EXPOSED! :lol:

Harsh, but not necessarily unfair.

we're working on that dude but still we have current Knicks talk in the forums with very knowledgeable and entertaining fans

足す一.

Some of the comments in this thread sound harsh but kinda true.

The frontpage is an outdated mess, no offense to anyone involved in its conception.

Everything is cramped, cluttered, poorly functioning and out of date.

I've literally only ever visited the frontpage of this site while navigating lazily to the forums if I'm on a browser without bookmarks. I never linger there.

I really suggest just finding a nice wordpress layout or something, get a nice logo (we have a bunch of talented graphics dudes here), and condense everything.

There are also a hell of a lot of sections to the site none of which I would imagine see much use. Cut it down to Home, Community, Media, Articles or something.

Frontpage should be literally logo, navigation bar, perhaps a box for latest game score, latest forum posts and articles underneath (which I understand are being worked on).

Start posting articles regularly so the frontpage is not stagnant. If we can get a graphics guy to make gfx for articles, use one of those nice navigation boxes w/e they are called for articles. Use the bbcode for the articles so they can be accessed from the frontpage but also viewed and commented on in the forums.

Tidy up and condense the forums. So many of them are completely unused. Personally I'd put the NBA forums as a child of the Knicks forum, because threads should be in that forum but people don't want to post there because threads get no attention there.

Something like this, so simple, clean and ridiculously easy to set up:

http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/bueno/

足す一. 100%. A god-like post from smokes. :peace:

Dear Metrocard..If it were anyone else but you I would not respond and then I saw SMOKES suggestions which nailed it. Rather than be defensive take his 100% RIGHT ON suggestions and implement them and we will have a great site to match what should be a banner year for our Knicks...

If you want improvement and upgrade, why don't you contribute? You seem to act like you know all about that...share the wealth brother.

足す一. Echoing this statement to all and sundry.

jimkcchief88

All Star

This site goes beyond the front page.
There is history enriched in this site. It's timeless. It build this site help and got people interested in joining. Even the people who "didn't know anything about basketball", they were viewers who read their post and wanted to sign up just for that reason. They wanted their opinion made public, and this is the place to do it. This site is great for that...always been. If you're looking for a Knicks forum uncensored, this is the spot. Sorry if you guys were never apart of that, but you got to respect how this site was built up. Rady took nothing and made it out of something.
No need to nag on him about the "outdated" front page.

Sure, we can hook it up(theres not evident problem with that)

But be respectful. Without a lot of former posters here (many great posters, most knowledgeable fans of the game you can find on the net, over realgm, prosportsdaily, nykfanpage, etc) help build this website up.

I feel like theres always room for improvement, but imagine being in Rady's chair and hear people put down his site...negative reinforcement doesn't always produce the best vibe.

No one really comes hear to read smug attitudes and how you're so much better than this website. If you want improvement and upgrade, why don't you contribute? You seem to act like you know all about that...share the wealth brother.

I second this. KO.COM is about the history. It's about the classic battles that UFC look lame. It's about the end of season locker clean out and year end poster awards. Who cares about the front page. It's old school so what? This is where we come to kick it an talk s**T about our Knicks. And now it's about our undefeated team. Like Metro says if you have all this knowledge, enlighten us or shut it. Afraid you will get cut to pieces??? KO don't just stand for Knicks online, it's also what happens when you talk whack crap around here:)

smokes

Huge Member
I second this. KO.COM is about the history. It's about the classic battles that UFC look lame. It's about the end of season locker clean out and year end poster awards. Who cares about the front page. It's old school so what? This is where we come to kick it an talk s**T about our Knicks. And now it's about our undefeated team. Like Metro says if you have all this knowledge, enlighten us or shut it. Afraid you will get cut to pieces??? KO don't just stand for Knicks online, it's also what happens when you talk whack crap around here:)

Because having a good front page will attract more members into the community and help it to grow. It is something worth caring about.

I'm trying to be as constructive as possible without really having enough knowledge about web design but I do know wordpress especially is ridiculously easy to do (not sure how easy it is to make it run in conjunction with the already existing forums though).

Mainly I think the front page should just be very clean and crisp and defined. Once the front end is there, getting regular content up will be great and people will be inspired to create even better stuff for such a pimp looking site, which in turn will reach greater and greater audiences.

We all know knicksonline.com is without doubt the best Knicks website on the whole internet which is pretty damn spectacular given that it's basically just a forum. Add on some gloss around it and you could have something real special.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Let me just say that i don't like the way the homepage looks either. It's not something that i'm proud of. Not because of the design (which i personally like) but because of the too many outdates that makes it look extremely silly. I had something in mind when we took it to this version but it appeared to be more than i could handle.

The future of the KO website will be a plain simple wordpress site where you can read your daily headlines so you don't have to browse to all the newspapers looking for Knicks news, with a spot where anyone can throw a blog entry and some forum recommendations. A simple schedule & roster list and probably (in time) a place to find any stats you want from the beginning of this franchise.

In the meantime i leave you with Starks' blog entries while i collect today's headlines. :beer:

PS: you don't even have to go to the main site to see if any updates are available. There's the News and Headlines box on the top that helps you with that ;)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We know you'll get it done, Rady. All in good time. The preview you gave me grows on me every time I look at it, and it'll look all the better in O&B.

Plenty of cool features on there as well.

CoolClyde

Let me just say that i don't like the way the homepage looks either. It's not something that i'm proud of. Not because of the design (which i personally like) but because of the too many outdates that makes it look extremely silly. I had something in mind when we took it to this version but it appeared to be more than i could handle.

The future of the KO website will be a plain simple wordpress site where you can read your daily headlines so you don't have to browse to all the newspapers looking for Knicks news, with a spot where anyone can throw a blog entry and some forum recommendations. A simple schedule & roster list and probably (in time) a place to find any stats you want from the beginning of this franchise.

In the meantime i leave you with Starks' blog entries while i collect today's headlines. :beer:

PS: you don't even have to go to the main site to see if any updates are available. There's the News and Headlines box on the top that helps you with that ;)

I believe changing the news and headlines to reflect current blogs/articles is
a major improvement towards updating: out with the old, in with the new.

I hope you don't do change the site too much just to appease the few.
I've grown accustomed to it the way it is, and like it just fine. IMHO.