Evacuee

calculator.gif
KNICKS STATS
calculator.gif

large_numbers_630.jpg

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks are 4-0 for the first time since 1993

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks rank first in the league in points allowed (87.5)

The Knicks are scoring 104.5 points per game, good for third in the NBA

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks are shooting 43.6 percent behind the arc, second best in the league

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks rank third in the league in steals per game (10.3)

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks hit a record 43 3-pointers in their first three games

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks average the lowest amount of turnovers per game (10.5) in the league

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks are winning by an average of 17 points per game

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks have yet to allow an opposing team to score a 100 points

nyk_40.gif
Carmelo Anthony is the NBA's leader in points per game at 27.3

nyk_40.gif
According to ESPN Stats & Information, this season Anthony is shooting 55.6 percent in the post

knicks_dantoni.jpg

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
It might be to soon to say but to me the Knicks team looks like the greatest team ever assembled. Im talkin better then the 98 Bulls, better then the 92 Dream Team. However i cant fully commit to that yet, I have to see a few more games before i feel more comfortable with the sample size

goNYgo

Rookie
It might be to soon to say but to me the Knicks team looks like the greatest team ever assembled. Im talkin better then the 98 Bulls, better then the 92 Dream Team. However i cant fully commit to that yet, I have to see a few more games before i feel more comfortable with the sample size
Better than the 92 dream team? C'mon man. I get you're excited about the Knicks, but damn, pass me whatever you're smoking if you truly believe that. LOL:beer:

CA7

Scoring Champ
We're just so good at every aspect of the game and may I say that Melo in the post in absolutely unstoppable 55% thats just crazy

-that pic of D'Antoni is just putting a smile on my face as well, his ass never changed and was exposed as a phoney

Forrest17

Rotation player

As excited as I am, even if Kidd, Camby, Thomas, Rasheed were 28 in their primes, added to in their prime Chandler, JR, Carmelo, etc, we still aren't better lol

bigapple

Starter
+ game Memphis vs heat showed how to win against Heat more than 10 treys to score a lot ball movement few alleys + block allen
this is next win against heat for grizzlies they also won @ miami arena too.

Red

TYPE-A
Nice thread 8's

Check it...

While many people are suggesting that Amar'e Stoudemire should come off the bench to avoid disrupting the starting five's flow, could the same conversation happen with Iman Shumpert before his return?

Because right now, Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd in the starting backcourt are the main reason why the Knicks are playing the most efficient basketball in the league.

Here are a few key indicators:

-- The team's best lineup? Felton, Kidd, Ronnie Brewer, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, who have a plus-minus of +31.

-- The team's turnover percentage? The lowest in the league (12.1), after having the fourth-highest turnover percentage last season (16.6).

-- The team's ball movement? Superb. After having the most isolations in 2011-12, including ones that resulted in a pass (1,372), they're ranked 11th this season (3.8 fewer isolations per game). Not only are the Knicks ranked in the top 10 for field goal percentage, but they're also the most efficient out of any team on the block (1.28 points per post-up with a 56.7 shooting percentage). So far, the Knicks have posted up 39 times, and Anthony accounts for 30 of those (Rasheed Wallace is second with eight).

-- The team's offensive production? They're playing at a much slower pace, but it's a very efficient one. In fact, their offense is more efficient than the one under offensive-minded Mike D'Antoni. While they have four fewer possessions per 48 minutes this season, they're scoring 1.8 more points per 100 possessions. Overall, if you compare D'Antoni last season to Woodson since then, Woodson's squad has scored 107.0 points per possessions, compared to 98.8.

A slower but more efficient pace naturally benefits the defense, which is why they're giving up 10 fewer points per 100 possessions. While they allowed 106.8 points per 100 possessions under D'Antoni, it's only been 96.8 under Woodson, as they've improved guarding the pick-and-roll. After ranking 20th in points per play in 2011-12 (0.92), they're 13th and climbing this season (0.85).

Carmelo Anthony has also continued his defensive dominance against post-ups. In 2011-12, he was actually the best at it in the league, and this season, he's holding opponents to a 1/2 point per post-up (eighth-best so far).

Bringing it back full circle, a lot of credit goes to Felton and Kidd for dictating the team's efficiency. Actually, they're the first players under 6-5 with career averages of at least six assists per game to start together since Rajon Rondo and Stephon Marbury in 2008-09 with the Celtics. Rondo and Marbury started two games together that season and the Celtics won both times. Before them, it was Marbury and Steve Francis in 2006-07 with the Knicks, and Gary Payton and Dwyane Wade in 2006-07 with the Heat.

If Felton and Kidd keep it up, their play and the Knicks' productivity could be good enough for the record books.

www.espn.com

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Awesome read! Thanks, Red. Perhaps the Knicks are resetting the standard for success with their double PG lineup, undersized yet powerful PF.

I've changed the title of the thread to Knicks Stats, so we can follow along with the Knicks and their statistical outputs. Anyone posting any stats whatsoever, it's much appreciated in advance.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllriiiight.

But man, these trips to SA and MEM are gonna test this team's mettle. I am brimming with intrigue.