Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Pringles Flavor- LA Laker edition

Sorry please delete this thread , I didnt see MeloforMayor's post [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Next up, Nash-STAT-MDA in La-La Land?

Amar'e for Gasol by the trade deadline. It makes sense for both teams. We need a legit post scorer/rebounder and STAT will probably thrive again in the MDA offense.

I want to be optimistic about Amar'e's return but recent history suggests that:
    a) He will muck up the offensive and defensive chemistry of the team
    b) He will not mesh well with Melo at all, leading to a decrease in production for Melo
    c) He will probably destroy his knees and be out for a whole season.

So please, Grunwald, I know it doesn't make sense to trade Amar'e right now, but its better to be safe, IMO, and move on without him..
    I don't wan't Gasol either. Maybe do a 3 team trade where we get Horford or Josh Smith if possible

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I don't wan't Gasol either. Maybe do a 3 team trade where we get Horford or Josh Smith if possible
    Josh smith would be awesome but I don't see how we would we be able to pull that off.

Gasol is a much smarter and more skillful player than Amare.. and when he's not playing like a bitch.. he's better on defense.. Id take him

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Josh smith would be awesome but I don't see how we would we be able to pull that off.
    Exactly. Smith is an excellent player, in his own right, but Gasol would be a much better fit. I know Gasol is older than Smith, and less athletic, but his skill set will thrive on the Knicks current team.

Plus, I can see Smith being a bad fit on offense as he doesn't really have a consistent jumper and generally thrives deep in the paint like STAT.

Default Damntoni/Duhound love renewed

this means the Damntoni/Duhound love is about to be reunited as well.
    don't be surprised if Chris Poopon becomes starting PG.

thankfully Duhwight guarding the paint, so the 'stache can concentrate
    on Laker's offensive schematic.

watch Clamtoni wear Kobe's beef into the ground.

good luck to him and his greaser holier-than-thous.
    should be the second coming of Pat Riley for Laker fans...
    not.

lakers had to choose between pringles
    or
    this

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

thankfully Duhwight guarding the paint, so the 'stache can concentrate
    on Laker's offensive schematic.
    Precisely what I was thinking. He gets a huge break having Howard on board. Between D12, Kobe and MWP there's a helluva lot of defence. And the rebounding he gets to kick start his offence - heyzoos.

I knew all the STAT for Gasol rumours would come flying through as soon as I saw the thread. Never gonna happen.

I don't see MWP fitting in, though. He's too sporadic on offence for D'Antoni to get an O boner.

As much as I loathed D'Antoni, I can't help but feel kinds glad for him to go from the cesspool his coaching created so often as Knicks HC and the humiliating exit, to a team that will bring his W/L back to its former glory.

D'amn him.

Superstar

It's not as bad a move as many may initially believe. We know already that two key elements of the Lakers team (Bryant and Nash) will instantly buy into his style of play. Nash played his best basketball under D'Antoni and Bryant idolised him as a player (apparently he initially picked the number 8 on his jersey as that was D'Antoni's number). With Nash and Bryant on board, the rest will be forced to follow, and if you think about it, the Lakers roster is more than suited for D'Antoni basketball.

Ultimately thought I strongly believe that an elite defensive team will get the better of them, but I also think it will be a fun ride for Lakers fans; more fun than it was for Knicks fans anyways.

Get ready... Give it a few weeks and D'Antoni will be getting the death stare next. I woke up feeling sick until I read that the Lakers hired Dumbtoni, now I feel all better!!!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Sweet, now that's another top team we don't have to worry about. Couldn't have seen him hired by a better team (i hate the Lakers). I love this morning so far. #knicksnation

This league gained some color again! #LEGO!LEGO!LEGO!

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson

This league gained some color again! #LEGO!LEGO!LEGO!
    LMAO! Classic.

Imagine him saying "We don't get tired, tired is not in our vocabulary" to Kidd, KT, Camby and Sheed. SMH lol

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't think D'Antoni is a bad coach and I'm a Knicks fan. His situation in New York was masturbated with injuries, average NBA point guards and a team that wasn't that good yet.

Erik Spoelstra coached a team to an NBA championship. He's not a terrible coach, but I wouldn't put him in the top 5.

It starts and ends with talent. Coach plays a factor, but to an extent.

If D'Antoni wants to be successful, he has to be a players coach for the Lakers. Nash, Bryant and Gasol are all qualified to be player-coaches. These are probably the smartest group of guys you can assemble on a court together...if D'Antoni pulls up some crazy play...I can see Bryant losing respect for Mike real fast.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    This is great!!!, if the Lakers had any though of winning anything, they just went out the window.This is probably the single worst move in Lakers history.Now you D'antoni supporters can't make excuses for him anymore, he has on of the best rosters in the NBA.
    He may have enough talent on that team too win his way.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Gasol is a much smarter and more skillful player than Amare.. and when he's not playing like a bitch.. he's better on defense.. Id take him
    Gasol> Amare all day.