New Pringles Flavor- LA Laker edition

CA7

Scoring Champ
D'Antoni is the new coach of the Los Angeles Lakers

chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer
Mike D'Antoni signs a four-year deal with the Lakers. (via @Mike_Bresnahan)

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande
Kobe made it clear he wanted Phil, but said after game tonight that he let Lakers know he was fine with D'Antoni.

Eye on Basketball ‏@EyeOnBasketball
Report: Mike D'Antoni, not Phil Jackson, to be named next Lakers coach: http://cbsprt.co/VVPwBr

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Mike D'Antoni signed a four-year deal with the Lakers. Phil Jackson was "asking for the moon," accoring to source familiar w/ the situation.

I'm waiting for ESPN to confirm

confirmed: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...red-next-coach-los-angeles-lakers-sources-say

Last edited:

Forrest17

Rotation player
Wow.

Hell do better than he did here because nash

but they still wont win anything. If Phil Jackson asks for the moon you give it to him.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Though, honestly, thinking about it...people can change.

I mean, for me, I was NOT a fan of Carmelo when he first became a knick and as a player on the nuggets. Now he is my favorite player.

Carmelo is a completely different player now. if its possible for Carmelo to hustle and play defense and rid himself of the infamous "ball stopper" stereotype...then its possible for D'Antoni to coach defense.I think D'Antoni has what he needs to make everything work for him there. Hes got Nash to run things and two quick smart seven footers who can run the floor

zwickks

Benchwarmer
Carmelo is a completely different player now. if its possible for Carmelo to hustle and play defense and rid himself of the infamous "ball stopper" stereotype...then its possible for D'Antoni to coach defense.

I lol'd.
It took D'Antoni to leave for Melo to commit 100%

Defense and D'Antoni :teeth:

Sure is gonna be a fun season following the Lakers.
inb4 the Buss' fire their 2nd coach in 1 season, WTF are they thinking signing him to 4 years.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/lakers-hire-mike-dantoni-as-coach/

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Though, honestly, thinking about it...people can change.

I mean, for me, I was NOT a fan of Carmelo when he first became a knick and as a player on the nuggets. Now he is my favorite player.

Carmelo is a completely different player now. if its possible for Carmelo to hustle and play defense and rid himself of the infamous "ball stopper" stereotype...then its possible for D'Antoni to coach defense.I think D'Antoni has what he needs to make everything work for him there. Hes got Nash to run things and two quick smart seven footers who can run the floor

Dwight's light 6-9 barefoot :teeth:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
i can see things going 2 ways, where pringles gets their offense firing at a high pace and just relying on natural defensive talents of his respective players to affect the game...
or
his emphasis on not speaking about defense will regress the defensive talents of certain players...ala dwight transformation into amare 2.0

Sage

Rotation player
What on earth are the Lakers thinking....

The Lakers probably will break a record for most points scored in a single game though. Unfortunately they're just as likely to break the record for most points allowed.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Next up, Nash-STAT-MDA in La-La Land?

Amar'e for Gasol by the trade deadline. It makes sense for both teams. We need a legit post scorer/rebounder and STAT will probably thrive again in the MDA offense.

I want to be optimistic about Amar'e's return but recent history suggests that:
a) He will muck up the offensive and defensive chemistry of the team
b) He will not mesh well with Melo at all, leading to a decrease in production for Melo
c) He will probably destroy his knees and be out for a whole season.

So please, Grunwald, I know it doesn't make sense to trade Amar'e right now, but its better to be safe, IMO, and move on without him.. :2cents:

fender0577

Rotation player
This is great!!!, if the Lakers had any though of winning anything, they just went out the window.This is probably the single worst move in Lakers history.Now you D'antoni supporters can't make excuses for him anymore, he has on of the best rosters in the NBA.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
D'Antoni + Lakers = STAT trade?

So once I heard DAntoni signed with the LA Bandwagon Lakers, the first thing I thought about was DAntoni + Nash = something's missing..

Theyve been wanting to get rid of Gasol for a while... due you think a trade including Gasol for STAT is bound to happen until next summer ... ?

Rob Low

Rotation player
Next up, Nash-STAT-MDA in La-La Land?

Amar'e for Gasol by the trade deadline. It makes sense for both teams. We need a legit post scorer/rebounder and STAT will probably thrive again in the MDA offense.

I want to be optimistic about Amar'e's return but recent history suggests that:
a) He will muck up the offensive and defensive chemistry of the team
b) He will not mesh well with Melo at all, leading to a decrease in production for Melo
c) He will probably destroy his knees and be out for a whole season.

So please, Grunwald, I know it doesn't make sense to trade Amar'e right now, but its better to be safe, IMO, and move on without him.. :2cents:

I don't wan't Gasol either. Maybe do a 3 team trade where we get Horford or Josh Smith if possible

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Josh smith would be awesome but I don't see how we would we be able to pull that off.

Exactly. Smith is an excellent player, in his own right, but Gasol would be a much better fit. I know Gasol is older than Smith, and less athletic, but his skill set will thrive on the Knicks current team.

Plus, I can see Smith being a bad fit on offense as he doesn't really have a consistent jumper and generally thrives deep in the paint like STAT.