New Pringles Flavor- LA Laker edition

CoolClyde

Damntoni/Duhound love renewed

this means the Damntoni/Duhound love is about to be reunited as well.
don't be surprised if Chris Poopon becomes starting PG.

pringle_houndlove.gif

thankfully Duhwight guarding the paint, so the 'stache can concentrate
on Laker's offensive schematic.

watch Clamtoni wear Kobe's beef into the ground.

good luck to him and his greaser holier-than-thous.
should be the second coming of Pat Riley for Laker fans...
not.
loser_toni.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
thankfully Duhwight guarding the paint, so the 'stache can concentrate
on Laker's offensive schematic.
loser_toni.jpg

Precisely what I was thinking. He gets a huge break having Howard on board. Between D12, Kobe and MWP there's a helluva lot of defence. And the rebounding he gets to kick start his offence - heyzoos.

I knew all the STAT for Gasol rumours would come flying through as soon as I saw the thread. Never gonna happen.

I don't see MWP fitting in, though. He's too sporadic on offence for D'Antoni to get an O boner.

As much as I loathed D'Antoni, I can't help but feel kinds glad for him to go from the cesspool his coaching created so often as Knicks HC and the humiliating exit, to a team that will bring his W/L back to its former glory.

D'amn him.

TakMan

Rotation player
It's not as bad a move as many may initially believe. We know already that two key elements of the Lakers team (Bryant and Nash) will instantly buy into his style of play. Nash played his best basketball under D'Antoni and Bryant idolised him as a player (apparently he initially picked the number 8 on his jersey as that was D'Antoni's number). With Nash and Bryant on board, the rest will be forced to follow, and if you think about it, the Lakers roster is more than suited for D'Antoni basketball.

Ultimately thought I strongly believe that an elite defensive team will get the better of them, but I also think it will be a fun ride for Lakers fans; more fun than it was for Knicks fans anyways.

KingofNy

Starter
Get ready... Give it a few weeks and D'Antoni will be getting the death stare next. I woke up feeling sick until I read that the Lakers hired Dumbtoni, now I feel all better!!! :teeth:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Sweet, now that's another top team we don't have to worry about. Couldn't have seen him hired by a better team (i hate the Lakers). I love this morning so far. #knicksnation

metrocard

Legend
I don't think D'Antoni is a bad coach and I'm a Knicks fan. His situation in New York was masturbated with injuries, average NBA point guards and a team that wasn't that good yet.

Erik Spoelstra coached a team to an NBA championship. He's not a terrible coach, but I wouldn't put him in the top 5.

It starts and ends with talent. Coach plays a factor, but to an extent.

If D'Antoni wants to be successful, he has to be a players coach for the Lakers. Nash, Bryant and Gasol are all qualified to be player-coaches. These are probably the smartest group of guys you can assemble on a court together...if D'Antoni pulls up some crazy play...I can see Bryant losing respect for Mike real fast.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is great!!!, if the Lakers had any though of winning anything, they just went out the window.This is probably the single worst move in Lakers history.Now you D'antoni supporters can't make excuses for him anymore, he has on of the best rosters in the NBA.

He may have enough talent on that team too win his way.

Gasol is a much smarter and more skillful player than Amare.. and when he's not playing like a bitch.. he's better on defense.. Id take him

Gasol> Amare all day.

Red

TYPE-A
Woodson is similar to Brown and seems to have little in common with his predecessor, Mike D?Antoni, who did not even believe in game-day practices at home, otherwise known as shootarounds.

Following last Monday?s game in Philadelphia, Woodson gave the players off on Tuesday before having practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Despite the two days to prepare for the Dallas Mavericks, Woodson still held a Friday morning shootaround.

D?Antoni believed in giving his players rest and reasoned that he didn?t want those who were living in Manhattan to drive to the team?s training facility in Westchester the morning of a game. However, after the Knicks acquired Carmelo Anthony two years ago, D?Antoni constantly bemoaned the lack of practice time for his revamped roster, yet he still didn?t take advantage of practicing on game days.

When Woodson replaced D?Antoni last March, he didn?t seem to care that some of his players, including Anthony and Amar?e Stoudemire, had to be inconvenienced on game days by making the morning commute to Westchester. The additional practice sessions were important and Woodson used them to his advantage as the Knicks went 18-6 in their last 24 regular-season games.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nicks-perfect-article-1.1200486#ixzz2C1Xy76e8

If D'Antoni is a good coach (with all the excuses)...

and Woody (who could have used the SAME excuses) produced a 22-6 regular season record and 1 playoff win...

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT COACH WOODY?

:smokin:

*I didn't even get into the league leading offensive & defensive numbers.

TakMan

Rotation player
If D'Antoni is a good coach (with all the excuses)...

and Woody (who could have used the SAME excuses) produced a 22-6 regular season record and 1 playoff win...

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT COACH WOODY?

:smokin:

*I didn't even get into the league leading offensive & defensive numbers.

I don't think a good coach can necessarily go anywhere and work wonders. D'Antoni can be a successful coach in L.A. Primary factor for success is to have the right players, and for them to buy into your idea. He had that in Phoenix, and not in New York. Woodson has this team believing in what he is preaching and it's working. Brown did brilliantly with Cleveland, but could not get the Lakers to buy into his game plan. This does not make him a crap coach. Different teams are fitted to different coaches. D'Antoni will do fine in L.A. but will not win anything.

Red

TYPE-A
He did a terrible job in New York, but I don't think he's a bad coach. His lack of defense emphasis is a weakness, but he also has other strengths. He's not the perfect coach, but it's ludicrous to call him bad.

It's simply about decisions and results. Look above at the post about practice decisions, then look at the results from MDA to Wood-son. And we can run over a slew of poor decisions and additional poor results.

After what he did with Marbury, I'm surprised.

JS3

Benchwarmer
one of the happiest days of my life, MD getting fired.
hated him, i thought he was a lousy coach, no impact at all, no D at all, f*ck him.

i wish him all the worst with the hated LAL, hate them also.

Go NY, Go Woody, Go Melo, Go D!

KingCharles34

All Star
The Lakers have a good roster for Mike, maybe with the exception of Gasol. Of course he can pick n roll Nash and Howard. Howard, Peace, and Kobe are all really good defenders so I dont see Antoni's lack of defensive knowledge being nearly the problem it was here in NY.

I just beg the Knicks not to trade Stat for Gasol. These two guys play like they're approaching their mid 30's, at least gasol is healthy but I dont see him as a championship PF anymore. I could be wrong, maybe the Lakers dont use him right

metrocard

Legend
It's simply about decisions and results. Look above at the post about practice decisions, then look at the results from MDA to Wood-son. And we can run over a slew of poor decisions and additional poor results.

After what he did with Marbury, I'm surprised.

Mike is one of the biggest d*ckheads in the NBA and Woodson is an upgrade over him, but I can see Mike being successful with LA.

Mike and Nash had the best offense in the NBA of this decade.

Just need Howard and World Peace to be defensive anchors.