New Pringles Flavor- LA Laker edition

metrocard

Legend
The Lakers have a good roster for Mike, maybe with the exception of Gasol. Of course he can pick n roll Nash and Howard. Howard, Peace, and Kobe are all really good defenders so I dont see Antoni's lack of defensive knowledge being nearly the problem it was here in NY.

I just beg the Knicks not to trade Stat for Gasol. These two guys play like they're approaching their mid 30's, at least gasol is healthy but I dont see him as a championship PF anymore. I could be wrong, maybe the Lakers dont use him right

Gasol's passing skills in the post would be sweet to have next to Tyson though.

elcol

Rotation player
I am happy about this, an abundance of talent possibly gone to waste? More wins for my knicks. D'antoni will hopefully fail to incorporate the star power of the Lakers into wins.

KingCharles34

All Star
Gasol's passing skills in the post would be sweet to have next to Tyson though.

Yea on 2nd thought Gasol is a very smart player still and Im not really sure what I was thinking. If we have any half decent opportunity to unload Amarknee we better jump at it. Even if Gasol was to play like Gasoft, we have 4 or 5 other players we could plug in at PF

Starks

Starter
I wonder how Woody feels about this. I mean the minute things get messy around here he's got to deal with "Phil Jackson wants NY" rumors over his head. This season just got more interesting.

metrocard

Legend
Yea on 2nd thought Gasol is a very smart player still and Im not really sure what I was thinking. If we have any half decent opportunity to unload Amarknee we better jump at it. Even if Gasol was to play like Gasoft, we have 4 or 5 other players we could plug in at PF

I wish we can trade Amare to the Bobcats and get an inspiring contracts and maybe one their prospects in Walker or Biyombo.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I can't wait until that game where the Lakers are getting demolished on the boards, and MDA keeps Dwight on the bench cause...ya know....substitution patterns...you can't break from them.

It's the less tangible things that MDA does that really pissed me the **** off. Unwillingness (incapability???) to adjust on the fly. Supreme stubbornness to the point it seems he'd rather set the ship ablaze and watch it burn and sink as opposed to even remotely consider steering it the direction that someone else suggested, especially when your route doesn't seem to be taking it anywhere.

Just wait...I can see either a combo of Lee/Bogut/Ezeli or Thompson/Cousins/Hayes, grabbing boards left right and center, and Kobe is looking at MDA like "why in the hell is Jamison still out here??!?!" and MDA is like:

30063472.jpg

In other news, this is the worst day of Jordan Hill's life. Back in the ol' D'Antoni dog house.

Amare and Kurt Thomas for Pau Gasol and Jordan Hill?

KingCharles34

All Star
I wish we can trade Amare to the Bobcats and get an inspiring contracts and maybe one their prospects in Walker or Biyombo.

ohhh man that would make me harder then a morning bone if we somehow got young talent in return for Amare but what scares me is if we do trade him Novak, Smith, and/or Shumpert would likely be wanted by the other team

ohhh man that would make me harder then a morning bone if we somehow got young talent in return for Amare but what scares me is if we do trade him Novak, Smith, and/or Shumpert would likely be wanted by the other team

Yeah every Lakers fan I've talked to who wants Amar'e also wants JR Smith with him.

I don't wanna turn this thread into an Amar'e Stoudemire trade thread but all the analysts who talk about how "Untradeable" Amar'e is is ridiculous. There are plenty of lottery teams and small market teams who need to sell tickets and would be happy to give us a solid offer for Amar'e. The Pistons, Bobcats, Kings, and Cavs just to name a few.

zwickks

Benchwarmer
On Dantoni's hiring:

"SamAmicoFSO That said, everyone in NBA I've spoken with now fully expects Phil to take another job next year. He's available if you can meet his demand."

pat

Starter
I don't think D'Antoni is a bad coach and I'm a Knicks fan. His situation in New York was masturbated with injuries, average NBA point guards and a team that wasn't that good yet.

Erik Spoelstra coached a team to an NBA championship. He's not a terrible coach, but I wouldn't put him in the top 5.

It starts and ends with talent. Coach plays a factor, but to an extent.

If D'Antoni wants to be successful, he has to be a players coach for the Lakers. Nash, Bryant and Gasol are all qualified to be player-coaches. These are probably the smartest group of guys you can assemble on a court together...if D'Antoni pulls up some crazy play...I can see Bryant losing respect for Mike real fast.

Agreed. And he is not going to pull off this crazy Princton offense stuff with Dwight on high post. I mean, thinking out of the box is a good thing, but turning the NBA's most turnover-prone big man into a high-post player? What was Mike Brown thinking?

fender0577

Rotation player
Mike is one of the biggest d*ckheads in the NBA and Woodson is an upgrade over him, but I can see Mike being successful with LA.

Mike and Nash had the best offense in the NBA of this decade.

Just need Howard and World Peace to be defensive anchors.
I bed to differ, Kobe and Phil only won 5 chips and went to 7.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
How the hell does D`Antoni keep failing and then getting a bigger, more high profile job at successively bigger teams? It`s a complete mystery.

I can`t wait to see Dwight on the perimeter shooting threes.:teeth: