Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Pringles Flavor- LA Laker edition

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I don't think D'Antoni is a bad coach and I'm a Knicks fan. His situation in New York was masturbated with injuries, average NBA point guards and a team that wasn't that good yet.

Woodson is similar to Brown and seems to have little in common with his predecessor, Mike DíAntoni, who did not even believe in game-day practices at home, otherwise known as shootarounds.

Following last Mondayís game in Philadelphia, Woodson gave the players off on Tuesday before having practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Despite the two days to prepare for the Dallas Mavericks, Woodson still held a Friday morning shootaround.

DíAntoni believed in giving his players rest and reasoned that he didnít want those who were living in Manhattan to drive to the teamís training facility in Westchester the morning of a game. However, after the Knicks acquired Carmelo Anthony two years ago, DíAntoni constantly bemoaned the lack of practice time for his revamped roster, yet he still didnít take advantage of practicing on game days.

When Woodson replaced DíAntoni last March, he didnít seem to care that some of his players, including Anthony and Amaríe Stoudemire, had to be inconvenienced on game days by making the morning commute to Westchester. The additional practice sessions were important and Woodson used them to his advantage as the Knicks went 18-6 in their last 24 regular-season games.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If D'Antoni is a good coach (with all the excuses)...

and Woody (who could have used the SAME excuses) produced a 22-6 regular season record and 1 playoff win...

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT COACH WOODY?

*I didn't even get into the league leading offensive & defensive numbers.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Red
    If D'Antoni is a good coach (with all the excuses)...

and Woody (who could have used the SAME excuses) produced a 22-6 regular season record and 1 playoff win...

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT COACH WOODY?

*I didn't even get into the league leading offensive & defensive numbers.

I don't think a good coach can necessarily go anywhere and work wonders. D'Antoni can be a successful coach in L.A. Primary factor for success is to have the right players, and for them to buy into your idea. He had that in Phoenix, and not in New York. Woodson has this team believing in what he is preaching and it's working. Brown did brilliantly with Cleveland, but could not get the Lakers to buy into his game plan. This does not make him a crap coach. Different teams are fitted to different coaches. D'Antoni will do fine in L.A. but will not win anything.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Red
    He did a terrible job in New York, but I don't think he's a bad coach. His lack of defense emphasis is a weakness, but he also has other strengths. He's not the perfect coach, but it's ludicrous to call him bad.

He did a terrible job in New York, but I don't think he's a bad coach. His lack of defense emphasis is a weakness, but he also has other strengths. He's not the perfect coach, but it's ludicrous to call him bad.
    It's simply about decisions and results. Look above at the post about practice decisions, then look at the results from MDA to Wood-son. And we can run over a slew of poor decisions and additional poor results.

After what he did with Marbury, I'm surprised.

one of the happiest days of my life, MD getting fired.
    hated him, i thought he was a lousy coach, no impact at all, no D at all, f*ck him.

i wish him all the worst with the hated LAL, hate them also.

Go NY, Go Woody, Go Melo, Go D!

The Lakers have a good roster for Mike, maybe with the exception of Gasol. Of course he can pick n roll Nash and Howard. Howard, Peace, and Kobe are all really good defenders so I dont see Antoni's lack of defensive knowledge being nearly the problem it was here in NY.

I just beg the Knicks not to trade Stat for Gasol. These two guys play like they're approaching their mid 30's, at least gasol is healthy but I dont see him as a championship PF anymore. I could be wrong, maybe the Lakers dont use him right

red, i love your sig man. haha

12th man

Originally Posted by Red
    It's simply about decisions and results. Look above at the post about practice decisions, then look at the results from MDA to Wood-son. And we can run over a slew of poor decisions and additional poor results.

After what he did with Marbury, I'm surprised.
    Mike is one of the biggest d*ckheads in the NBA and Woodson is an upgrade over him, but I can see Mike being successful with LA.

Mike and Nash had the best offense in the NBA of this decade.

Just need Howard and World Peace to be defensive anchors.

TRADE STAT FOR PAU!!!!

win win situation for everyone!

12th man

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    The Lakers have a good roster for Mike, maybe with the exception of Gasol. Of course he can pick n roll Nash and Howard. Howard, Peace, and Kobe are all really good defenders so I dont see Antoni's lack of defensive knowledge being nearly the problem it was here in NY.

I just beg the Knicks not to trade Stat for Gasol. These two guys play like they're approaching their mid 30's, at least gasol is healthy but I dont see him as a championship PF anymore. I could be wrong, maybe the Lakers dont use him right
    Gasol's passing skills in the post would be sweet to have next to Tyson though.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    TRADE STAT FOR PAU!!!!

win win situation for everyone!
    This^^^. Anyways this is so great, finally the Kobe/Lakers dynasty is over.

I am happy about this, an abundance of talent possibly gone to waste? More wins for my knicks. D'antoni will hopefully fail to incorporate the star power of the Lakers into wins.

Gasol's passing skills in the post would be sweet to have next to Tyson though.
    Yea on 2nd thought Gasol is a very smart player still and Im not really sure what I was thinking. If we have any half decent opportunity to unload Amarknee we better jump at it. Even if Gasol was to play like Gasoft, we have 4 or 5 other players we could plug in at PF

I wonder how Woody feels about this. I mean the minute things get messy around here he's got to deal with "Phil Jackson wants NY" rumors over his head. This season just got more interesting.