Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday Night Knicks : Knicks @ Memphis 11/16/2012 9:30pm EST.

Originally Posted by TruOrngnBlu
    Craziness! Cats here must not want Amare to come back at all. I'll take my chances with Amare out there. In the pick and roll he takes advantage of defenders tryin to recover after the seperation. With Melo on the bench we had nothin goin. He coulda help with scoring and coulda took some of those fouls off Melo's hands.
    So far Felton and Chandler lob game has been about 60% with defenders cloggin the path to the hole.
    Amare is injured so he probably wont have his legs under him, Jumpshot rusty and will get blocked alot so yeah id rather have Sheed/Camby/Thomas in there for now.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Most unnecessary loss i have seen in all my days watching basketball.

1.Playing Melo at the 4 when there is no mismatch on the other end is useless and just plain retarded. If Memphis switches A SG or SF on the other end to guard Melo then the Melo at the 4 experiment should be shut down immediately.

2.We let Gasol have a field day for no reason by having Woodhead keep Melo at the 4 to be bruised up by Gasol all game. Melo did not deserve what happened to him tonight and Woody should be ashamed to see Melon fight so hard for no reason against guys that are just too much for him. Melo played very hard tonight and i commend him for keep on trying even though he was wrongfully forced to take a pounding for no reason at all.

3. Woodson is to blame for our teams execution and i feel he coached the worst game he has coached since becoming the head coach in NY. Its common sense that you dont willingly put you star SF on Marc Gasol all game and expect not to get chewed out on the boards and having Gasol kill us all game. Hell, even Lebron would struggle in that matchup.

4.Woody cost us the game and almost cost us last night with riding Novak. We had no reason to play small against a very big team and instead of atleast realizing it would not work and switching up, he waits until we are deep into a hole and momentum and player moral down until he puts in 2 bigs.

5.Players played great with good energy besides Chandler but Woodson cost us the game with his blind arrogance and flawed gameplan against this team.
    Quoting this for truth!!! As much as I like Woodson as a coach, he blew it tonight. Playing small ball against a BIG front court is damn near suicide. Can someone answer why Camby didn't play? Once I saw the starting lineup I KNEW we were in trouble but I didn't factor the refs trying to take the game from us. But this is mostly on Woodson for setting Melo up to fail. Tonight we needed a more traditional lineup & payed the price. Melo at the 4 works most nights but with a big front court, our deficiencies were exposed. Woodson needs to go back to the drawing board tonight for real.

Originally Posted by knicksman20
    Quoting this for truth!!! As much as I like Woodson as a coach, he blew it tonight. Playing small ball against a BIG front court is damn near suicide. Can someone answer why Camby didn't play? Once I saw the starting lineup I KNEW we were in trouble but I didn't factor the refs trying to take the game from us. But this is mostly on Woodson for setting Melo up to fail. Tonight we needed a more traditional lineup & payed the price. Melo at the 4 works most nights but with a big front court, our deficiencies were exposed. Woodson needs to go back to the drawing board tonight for real.
    Fo sho! Woodson a Defnsive mind slipped up and scrificed Dfense for an ilfated potential advantage on offense.

somebody blow up woody's twitter. let him know.

Superstar

The only teams where I wouldn't start Melo at the 4 against are the Grizz and Lakers

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Bold statement right here...
    Memphis will be the team that comes out of the West. The Miami Heat looked mortal throughout the playoffs last season and the reason why they won in the finals was because they were playing a team that was young and inexperienced. A team like Memphis would destroy them in a seven game series.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    The only teams where I wouldn't start Melo at the 4 against are the Grizz and Lakers
    Bingo, they are the last of the tradition 4/5 pounding teams and its just common sense that you dont go small against them. Woody dropped the soap and Gasol and Randolph raped him.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Memphis will be the team that comes out of the West. The Miami Heat looked mortal throughout the playoffs last season and the reason why they won in the finals was because they were playing a team that was young and inexperienced. A team like Memphis would destroy them in a seven game series.
    I still like the Clippers.. i thought Memphis should've beaten them last season, but Clippers edged em out and the the Clippers have added more depth.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Don't worry once Amar'e comes back he will start at the 4 and put up better numbers than he did in Phoenix and will be shutting down every PF on the defensive end.

Reporter: Melo it looks like it took alot out of you to have to go out and guard and bang with much bigger guys tonight. Do you think that turned things in favor of the Memphis front court a little bit??

What he will say:

Somewhat , but you know we thought we had a good gameplan you know. We know what went on out there and we trust what coach woody sees and just didn't execute tonight.

Waht I wish he would say:

Hell yeah, Sh#t!! My back all hurtin and sh#t. I told woody.. I said we need to run a traditional big line up. But you cant say nothing to Wood when off that Tenesse Whiskey..and that was at halftime mufugga!

I was telling my boy that despite the mistake of starting Melo at the 4 for this game, Woodson would make the adjustment after halftime, which he didn't.

Don't worry once Amar'e comes back he will start at the 4 and put up better numbers than he did in Phoenix and will be shutting down every PF on the defensive end.
    ...In a perfect world.

Nobody said all that....

But it'd be a plus to have him overall. No one can deny that with space and close in Amare is a beast and if his jumper is on he's nasty. With the PG tandem we have Stat should be geting real good quality looks!!

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I still like the Clippers.. i thought Memphis should've beaten them last season, but Clippers edged em out and the the Clippers have added more depth.
    The Clippers have a team that can contend but I have a feeling that CP3 is going to get traded to another team before the end of the season.

slow down dude