Friday Night Knicks : Knicks @ Memphis 11/16/2012 9:30pm EST.

knicksin60

Starter
Bold statement right here...

Memphis will be the team that comes out of the West. The Miami Heat looked mortal throughout the playoffs last season and the reason why they won in the finals was because they were playing a team that was young and inexperienced. A team like Memphis would destroy them in a seven game series.

The only teams where I wouldn't start Melo at the 4 against are the Grizz and Lakers

Bingo, they are the last of the tradition 4/5 pounding teams and its just common sense that you dont go small against them. Woody dropped the soap and Gasol and Randolph raped him.

Memphis will be the team that comes out of the West. The Miami Heat looked mortal throughout the playoffs last season and the reason why they won in the finals was because they were playing a team that was young and inexperienced. A team like Memphis would destroy them in a seven game series.
I still like the Clippers.. i thought Memphis should've beaten them last season, but Clippers edged em out and the the Clippers have added more depth.

knicksin60

Starter
The only teams where I wouldn't start Melo at the 4 against are the Grizz and Lakers

Don't worry once Amar'e comes back he will start at the 4 and put up better numbers than he did in Phoenix and will be shutting down every PF on the defensive end.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Reporter: Melo it looks like it took alot out of you to have to go out and guard and bang with much bigger guys tonight. Do you think that turned things in favor of the Memphis front court a little bit??

What he will say:

Somewhat , but you know we thought we had a good gameplan you know. We know what went on out there and we trust what coach woody sees and just didn't execute tonight.

Waht I wish he would say:

Hell yeah, Sh#t!! My back all hurtin and sh#t. I told woody.. I said we need to run a traditional big line up. But you cant say nothing to Wood when off that Tenesse Whiskey..and that was at halftime mufugga!

nyk_nyk

All Star
I was telling my boy that despite the mistake of starting Melo at the 4 for this game, Woodson would make the adjustment after halftime, which he didn't.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Don't worry once Amar'e comes back he will start at the 4 and put up better numbers than he did in Phoenix and will be shutting down every PF on the defensive end.

Nobody said all that....:cool:

But it'd be a plus to have him overall. No one can deny that with space and close in Amare is a beast and if his jumper is on he's nasty. With the PG tandem we have Stat should be geting real good quality looks!!

knicksin60

Starter
I still like the Clippers.. i thought Memphis should've beaten them last season, but Clippers edged em out and the the Clippers have added more depth.

The Clippers have a team that can contend but I have a feeling that CP3 is going to get traded to another team before the end of the season.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
It's only one loss. We learn and grow from this. I'll steal a line from MMA. "Everybody loses at some point. It's what you do after that says who you are". We go and handle the pacers and I'm fine.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Probably it was said already....but I just got done watching the game on DVR and I gotta ask why Camby was not in there

Camby got his contract to play significant minutes DNP's do not make sense to me

Melo was in foul trouble because he was over matched....putting smaller players at the 4 and 5 is a Dantoni gimmick and in the long run does not work.

I have said it time and time again Melo is simply not a 4...period.

Look I'm not gonna get too bent out of shape simply because of a loss...but when we don't give ourselves the best chance to succeed then that makes me mad

With Amare and Shump out our lineup needs to be

Felton/Kidd
Brewer/JR
Melo/Brewer/Novak
Sheed/Camby
Tyson/Camby

Our lone weakness is rebounding this year and we have the player who led the league in rebounding per 48 minutes last season on the bench!?

Come on man.

Again not expecting 82-0 but we need our best player playing in all 82 games and that's really all I ask and it did not happen tonight.

petescud

Starter
I think whichever team we faced tonight out of the Spurs or Grizz we would had a L on back to backs...These 2 teams are top 5 teams and its tough beating both on consecutive nights...At least the guys tried to come back towards the end. The refs sucked tonight and the 3rd period we lost this game

metrocard

Legend
Lost sleep over this loss.
Damn you Woodson.
You raped my life.
I had a mini nightmare about Gasol's fatass raping Carmelo...in the same position over and over...while Woodson is right beside them watching and not doing a damn thing about it over and over...
The night terrors continue...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm now watching the replay @ Memphis, and am half way in to the the 3rd quarter. It's no ****ing wonder that the Grizzlies play so well at home, because the refs are looking flat biased right now. A succession of calls that could have gone either way but went against the Knicks, and some phantom calls on clean plays!

At the other end, the Knicks are facing some very difficult, aggressive defence, but getting nothing.

We get strung up with technicals and the game is over, because Stern won't have players or coaches react negatively to the referees, regardless of whether or not the refs are ****ing the game for only one team.

A single quarter of crap refereeing, and the Knicks streak is ended.

****ing BS.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
i think in this game, it showed that we missed a true 2nd option, amare would have been a big help if he was suited up. JR and felton proved they are 3rd options at best.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
JR and felton proved they are 3rd options at best.

How can you make that bold statement after a single game? 3rd options? Perhaps, yes. But these 2 have played their hearts out for the Knicks so far this season, and have been pivotal in bringing us the best record in the East. I guess I should have been prepared for people burning them after one game.

What ever happened to non-emotional criticism and deductive thought?

Friggin' Knick fans, seriously.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;254502 said:
How can you make that bold statement after a single game? 3rd options? Perhaps, yes. But these 2 have played their hearts out for the Knicks so far this season, and have been pivotal in bringing us the best record in the East. I guess I should have been prepared for people burning them after one game.

What ever happened to non-emotional criticism and deductive thought?

Friggin' Knick fans, seriously.

in big game situations, they would probably give you a good game or 2 but for a whole series, we need a true #2 to carry that load with , like last night melo goes out, everyone was scrambling...same thing in sanantonio, we go down, melo was there to calm everyone down and take over...

you seriously think felt and JR are legit #2's? even before the season i said, it was amare as a #2 and Felt #3, didnt condider JR at all, but his recent play probably lifts him there...he plays well off superstars ...but not alone