Friday Night Knicks : Knicks @ Memphis 11/16/2012 9:30pm EST.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
...same thing in sanantonio, we go down, melo was there to calm everyone down and take over...

I didn't watch the same game you watched, apparently.

Raymond Felton single-handedly kept this team in that game, and relied on his counterpart, Kidd, to drop 3 three pointers in the 4th to give the Knicks that critical momentum.

Ray was that game's MVP.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Crazy⑧s;254498 said:
I'm now watching the replay @ Memphis, and am half way in to the the 3rd quarter. It's no ****ing wonder that the Grizzlies play so well at home, because the refs are looking flat biased right now. A succession of calls that could have gone either way but went against the Knicks, and some phantom calls on clean plays!

At the other end, the Knicks are facing some very difficult, aggressive defence, but getting nothing.

We get strung up with technicals and the game is over, because Stern won't have players or coaches react negatively to the referees, regardless of whether or not the refs are ****ing the game for only one team.

A single quarter of crap refereeing, and the Knicks streak is ended.

****ing BS.

Memphis is simply Big...there is no genius offensive sets or anything that great on defense (actually as a whole they suck on the defensive end). But they are big and they rebound.

We give up a lot of offensive rebounds and they score a lot on offensive rebounds...that's what killed momentum at times.

This again was Woody's first and only bad coaching night and hopefully he's not like his ol buddy Isiah who would be so stubborn on his way of doing things and would continue to repeat the same failed strategies over and over because it was "his way" and will modify how he faces those types of matchups.

Again I can take a loss...just not like that.

Crazy⑧s;254502 said:
How can you make that bold statement after a single game? 3rd options? Perhaps, yes. But these 2 have played their hearts out for the Knicks so far this season, and have been pivotal in bringing us the best record in the East. I guess I should have been prepared for people burning them after one game.

What ever happened to non-emotional criticism and deductive thought?

Friggin' Knick fans, seriously.

I was pissed off at this game too but the panic some of you guys are showing iafter ONE..I repeat ONEE game is ridiculous. I didn't see a Knicks team that was exposed or anything like that. I saw a team that played as we all know a very tough very physical Memphis that in quarters one two and four we were scoring with. The third quartere lost our cool and rightfully so because the refs only allowed one team to play defense. The inconsistencies were a scary and painful reminder of that Miami series. Like seriously you give a tech on sheed for running away after a bad call, you give a flagrant on J.R when he hits the manas wrist but when Jarrod bayless is getting ready to fight the man gets nothing. The zebras had absolutely no control over this game and that screwed us pretty hard. Last point just like many of you I wondered Marcus didn't play but then stopped to think maybe he's not in shape? The calf is still bothering him? Idk but I'm not gonna bash woody same guy that lead us on this 26-7 run after one terrible borderline shady game. The key is to forget about it and take it out on the pacers Sunday

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I was pissed off at this game too but the panic some of you guys are showing iafter ONE..I repeat ONEE game is ridiculous. I didn't see a Knicks team that was exposed or anything like that. I saw a team that played as we all know a very tough very physical Memphis that in quarters one two and four we were scoring with. The third quartere lost our cool and rightfully so because the refs only allowed one team to play defense. The inconsistencies were a scary and painful reminder of that Miami series. Like seriously you give a tech on sheed for running away after a bad call, you give a flagrant on J.R when he hits the manas wrist but when Jarrod bayless is getting ready to fight the man gets nothing. The zebras had absolutely no control over this game and that screwed us pretty hard. Last point just like many of you I wondered Marcus didn't play but then stopped to think maybe he's not in shape? The calf is still bothering him? Idk but I'm not gonna bash woody same guy that lead us on this 26-7 run after one terrible borderline shady game. The key is to forget about it and take it out on the pacers Sunday

It's not just the loss that bothers us my man. It's HOW we lost. Woodson gave us some flash-backs of D'Antoni ball. We were getting pounded on the boards, getting manhandled because of defensive mismatches, & it seemed Woody didn't want to make a change. It was painfully obvious that something needed to change; possibly a more traditional lineup but it didn't happen & the damage was done. There's no doubt we had a chance to win that game had Woody tweaked the lineup when we were getting our ass handed to us on the defensive end & the boards.

bigapple

Starter
yes its just 1st loss but read this

http://celticshub.com/2011/05/01/officials-ed-malloy-ejected-paul-pierce-for-taunting/

why NBA is putting refs that favorizing team against us

+ its ESPN Knicks haters

and watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvMG7mZGo04

i was personaly sending emails to NBA with simply content which finally was readed and Stern is leaving the NBA but in two years .

this game vs memphis was same as game 5 kings lakers conf finals 2002

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G97-FMBhYds&feature=related

for all of this Stern is personally responsible coz all is HIS GREED is MONEY

Kings had much better team than Lakers but Stern have to cheat coz Kobe have to get CHIMP

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Kings had much better team than Lakers but Stern have to cheat coz Kobe have to get CHIMP

^I agree, Kobe have to get chimp...

i'm amazed at anti-Wood Son sentiment after 1st loss of season to an aggressive home team with a 6-game winning streak, 14 straight at home.

The Griz are one of the best teams in the league, yet the Knicks came back to within 8 points in the 4Q after being down 21 with a minute to go in the 3Q. with Chandler and Melo on bench most of game. you can fault coach for not playing Gumby, who knows if his calf is still bothering him?

Sheed played VERY well, KT came in for quality minutes, Felton almost brought team back for chance at W.

IMHO, JR reverted back to bad form, Melo was overmatched by Zebo and G*sshole, Novak was near invisible, and Chandler had another subpar game. combine that with one of the worst officiated games i've ever seen as a Knicks fan, it all winds up to a L. one f*cking L. deal with it and stop playing monday morning quarterback like Wood Son is the 2nd coming of Antoni.

you gotta give props to the Griz, and have faith in the orange and blue to come back stronger and smarter.
:beer:

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
season is not matter of 73-9 matter is Stern and refs and haters
matter is to have 1 more game win from 4 in own conference.

if that sick "movie" with refs wont happend for me Knicks could really punch Grizz

Sheed said "they have to come to the garden"

hell yeah but not @ march but i think ppl will remeber that game and Zach reactions.

now i am waiting for Chares Barkley team which will be aired on TNT to the world.

Hello there from Greece.

Just a note ( and sorry for my English )

Was very obvius that Ref's sucked in the game BUT
to our bad points :

1st Camby was out and i don t know why in a game that his game could be crucial..(rebound problems and D) as somebody said " is something we dont know about camby? ". We ll see

2nd I am a big fan of TC but i think i am seeing another player!

Something is not ok...look at him in the 3d Q i am counting 3 times when he did the screen at the P&R the player with the balled passed created the space to the basket and the he left still withoyt making the move to the basket to recieve the ball without marking!!
Also in Defence many times couldn t follow the players 3-4 times was just lloking without moving!!!

Some articles said that he has problems with his knee or something like that.

Lets see out reaction on MSG Vs Pacers

Hey there again from Greece.....
:thumbsup:

Hollins big truth...

Ans something that i forgot to mention

MEMPHIS HDC Hollins :

". Of the Knicks, he added: ?If you play small, you have to give up something and they gave up a lot tonight.?

Everybody makes mistakes and i think that M. Woodson has a lot to learn from this game and i am preety sure that we ll never make the same mistake. i trust him so much.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Its just a loss. Nothing to be upset about. They atleast fought very hard. Our teams in the past just freaking gave up and looked like they didn't care past a certain point

If this team is gonna fight that hard every night then we will win a ton of games.

We just need to win games that we should. This is a game where if we won, great but if we lost its not a big deal. If we had lost to the bobcats at home, which we did twice last season, a team that only won 7 games.. THen id be furious. But we lost because of injuries we don't match up well with them. so in the end disappointing but acceptable.

I give the team an A for effort last night.

CA7

Scoring Champ
you dont go small for most of the game vs the Lakers, Grizzles, maybe Clippers(Griffin and Jordan are a handful)

bigapple

Starter
Tyson is mosty play D only he cant score and this is only negative from him instead of him i will choose Gasol his jump shots i think he can score three too and free throws he is complete

we couldnt play much when Melo Wallace Chandler was 4 fouls in beggining of 3rd "empty Stern fouls"

Dallas is coming Hornets and Rockets.

Forrest17

Rotation player
We would of won this game with Amar'e.

I think so too.

We need shot blocking and rebounding if we are gonna beat teams with size. this whole Amar'e and melo can't play together thing it just totally wrong imo. People say, "well they don't play well together" thing is completely unfounded. Last time amar'e was healthy, we didn't play well PERIOD because outside Melo amar'e and chandler we had a d league filled roster and a bad coach.

We now have a deep roster and a good coach. There is zero reason why Amar'e can't make us better. Other than his defense. But then again, hes being coached by woodson. he isn't going to let amar'e play if he lets guys blow by him like he did under dantoni so its not a big deal.

elcol

Rotation player
I think so too.

We need shot blocking and rebounding if we are gonna beat teams with size. this whole Amar'e and melo can't play together thing it just totally wrong imo. People say, "well they don't play well together" thing is completely unfounded. Last time amar'e was healthy, we didn't play well PERIOD because outside Melo amar'e and chandler we had a d league filled roster and a bad coach.

We now have a deep roster and a good coach. There is zero reason why Amar'e can't make us better. Other than his defense. But then again, hes being coached by woodson. he isn't going to let amar'e play if he lets guys blow by him like he did under dantoni so its not a big deal.

Thank you, we could have seriously used a bigger and more athletic squad or we won't be able to stop teams like memphis or LAC. Tyson has been falling off also..

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Thank you, we could have seriously used a bigger and more athletic squad or we won't be able to stop teams like memphis or LAC. Tyson has been falling off also..

Falling off? I think he's been inconsistent but it's wildly early to say he is falling off.

elcol

Rotation player
He doesn't seem to be as much of an impact on defense as he was before. Worded too strongly