Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 299

Thread: Friday Night Knicks : Knicks @ Memphis 11/16/2012 9:30pm EST.

  1. #271
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It's only one loss. We learn and grow from this. I'll steal a line from MMA. "Everybody loses at some point. It's what you do after that says who you are". We go and handle the pacers and I'm fine.

  2. #272
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Probably it was said already....but I just got done watching the game on DVR and I gotta ask why Camby was not in there

    Camby got his contract to play significant minutes DNP's do not make sense to me

    Melo was in foul trouble because he was over matched....putting smaller players at the 4 and 5 is a Dantoni gimmick and in the long run does not work.

    I have said it time and time again Melo is simply not a 4...period.

    Look I'm not gonna get too bent out of shape simply because of a loss...but when we don't give ourselves the best chance to succeed then that makes me mad

    With Amare and Shump out our lineup needs to be

    Felton/Kidd
    Brewer/JR
    Melo/Brewer/Novak
    Sheed/Camby
    Tyson/Camby

    Our lone weakness is rebounding this year and we have the player who led the league in rebounding per 48 minutes last season on the bench!?

    Come on man.

    Again not expecting 82-0 but we need our best player playing in all 82 games and that's really all I ask and it did not happen tonight.

  3. #273
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think whichever team we faced tonight out of the Spurs or Grizz we would had a L on back to backs...These 2 teams are top 5 teams and its tough beating both on consecutive nights...At least the guys tried to come back towards the end. The refs sucked tonight and the 3rd period we lost this game

  4. #274
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lost sleep over this loss.
    Damn you Woodson.
    You raped my life.
    I had a mini nightmare about Gasol's fatass raping Carmelo...in the same position over and over...while Woodson is right beside them watching and not doing a damn thing about it over and over...
    The night terrors continue...

  5. #275
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    I'm now watching the replay @ Memphis, and am half way in to the the 3rd quarter. It's no ****ing wonder that the Grizzlies play so well at home, because the refs are looking flat biased right now. A succession of calls that could have gone either way but went against the Knicks, and some phantom calls on clean plays!

    At the other end, the Knicks are facing some very difficult, aggressive defence, but getting nothing.

    We get strung up with technicals and the game is over, because Stern won't have players or coaches react negatively to the referees, regardless of whether or not the refs are ****ing the game for only one team.

    A single quarter of crap refereeing, and the Knicks streak is ended.

    ****ing BS.

  6. #276
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    And the sh*t calls just keep coming.....these refs are c*nts.

  7. #277
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    I hope Bayless wakes up with an elephant's c*ck in his mouth, by the way.

  8. #278
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    i think in this game, it showed that we missed a true 2nd option, amare would have been a big help if he was suited up. JR and felton proved they are 3rd options at best.

  9. #279
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by bluechox2
    JR and felton proved they are 3rd options at best.
    How can you make that bold statement after a single game? 3rd options? Perhaps, yes. But these 2 have played their hearts out for the Knicks so far this season, and have been pivotal in bringing us the best record in the East. I guess I should have been prepared for people burning them after one game.

    What ever happened to non-emotional criticism and deductive thought?

    Friggin' Knick fans, seriously.

  10. #280
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    How can you make that bold statement after a single game? 3rd options? Perhaps, yes. But these 2 have played their hearts out for the Knicks so far this season, and have been pivotal in bringing us the best record in the East. I guess I should have been prepared for people burning them after one game.

    What ever happened to non-emotional criticism and deductive thought?

    Friggin' Knick fans, seriously.
    in big game situations, they would probably give you a good game or 2 but for a whole series, we need a true #2 to carry that load with , like last night melo goes out, everyone was scrambling...same thing in sanantonio, we go down, melo was there to calm everyone down and take over...

    you seriously think felt and JR are legit #2's? even before the season i said, it was amare as a #2 and Felt #3, didnt condider JR at all, but his recent play probably lifts him there...he plays well off superstars ...but not alone

  11. #281
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by bluechox2
    ...same thing in sanantonio, we go down, melo was there to calm everyone down and take over...
    I didn't watch the same game you watched, apparently.

    Raymond Felton single-handedly kept this team in that game, and relied on his counterpart, Kidd, to drop 3 three pointers in the 4th to give the Knicks that critical momentum.

    Ray was that game's MVP.

  12. #282
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I'm now watching the replay @ Memphis, and am half way in to the the 3rd quarter. It's no ****ing wonder that the Grizzlies play so well at home, because the refs are looking flat biased right now. A succession of calls that could have gone either way but went against the Knicks, and some phantom calls on clean plays!

    At the other end, the Knicks are facing some very difficult, aggressive defence, but getting nothing.

    We get strung up with technicals and the game is over, because Stern won't have players or coaches react negatively to the referees, regardless of whether or not the refs are ****ing the game for only one team.

    A single quarter of crap refereeing, and the Knicks streak is ended.

    ****ing BS.
    Memphis is simply Big...there is no genius offensive sets or anything that great on defense (actually as a whole they suck on the defensive end). But they are big and they rebound.

    We give up a lot of offensive rebounds and they score a lot on offensive rebounds...that's what killed momentum at times.

    This again was Woody's first and only bad coaching night and hopefully he's not like his ol buddy Isiah who would be so stubborn on his way of doing things and would continue to repeat the same failed strategies over and over because it was "his way" and will modify how he faces those types of matchups.


    Again I can take a loss...just not like that.

  13. #283
    Lurker mrknickcarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    How can you make that bold statement after a single game? 3rd options? Perhaps, yes. But these 2 have played their hearts out for the Knicks so far this season, and have been pivotal in bringing us the best record in the East. I guess I should have been prepared for people burning them after one game.

    What ever happened to non-emotional criticism and deductive thought?

    Friggin' Knick fans, seriously.
    I was pissed off at this game too but the panic some of you guys are showing iafter ONE..I repeat ONEE game is ridiculous. I didn't see a Knicks team that was exposed or anything like that. I saw a team that played as we all know a very tough very physical Memphis that in quarters one two and four we were scoring with. The third quartere lost our cool and rightfully so because the refs only allowed one team to play defense. The inconsistencies were a scary and painful reminder of that Miami series. Like seriously you give a tech on sheed for running away after a bad call, you give a flagrant on J.R when he hits the manas wrist but when Jarrod bayless is getting ready to fight the man gets nothing. The zebras had absolutely no control over this game and that screwed us pretty hard. Last point just like many of you I wondered Marcus didn't play but then stopped to think maybe he's not in shape? The calf is still bothering him? Idk but I'm not gonna bash woody same guy that lead us on this 26-7 run after one terrible borderline shady game. The key is to forget about it and take it out on the pacers Sunday

  14. #284
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by mrknickcarter
    I was pissed off at this game too but the panic some of you guys are showing iafter ONE..I repeat ONEE game is ridiculous. I didn't see a Knicks team that was exposed or anything like that. I saw a team that played as we all know a very tough very physical Memphis that in quarters one two and four we were scoring with. The third quartere lost our cool and rightfully so because the refs only allowed one team to play defense. The inconsistencies were a scary and painful reminder of that Miami series. Like seriously you give a tech on sheed for running away after a bad call, you give a flagrant on J.R when he hits the manas wrist but when Jarrod bayless is getting ready to fight the man gets nothing. The zebras had absolutely no control over this game and that screwed us pretty hard. Last point just like many of you I wondered Marcus didn't play but then stopped to think maybe he's not in shape? The calf is still bothering him? Idk but I'm not gonna bash woody same guy that lead us on this 26-7 run after one terrible borderline shady game. The key is to forget about it and take it out on the pacers Sunday
    It's not just the loss that bothers us my man. It's HOW we lost. Woodson gave us some flash-backs of D'Antoni ball. We were getting pounded on the boards, getting manhandled because of defensive mismatches, & it seemed Woody didn't want to make a change. It was painfully obvious that something needed to change; possibly a more traditional lineup but it didn't happen & the damage was done. There's no doubt we had a chance to win that game had Woody tweaked the lineup when we were getting our ass handed to us on the defensive end & the boards.

  15. #285
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    yes its just 1st loss but read this

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    why NBA is putting refs that favorizing team against us

    + its ESPN Knicks haters

    and watch this

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    i was personaly sending emails to NBA with simply content which finally was readed and Stern is leaving the NBA but in two years .

    this game vs memphis was same as game 5 kings lakers conf finals 2002

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    for all of this Stern is personally responsible coz all is HIS GREED is MONEY

    Kings had much better team than Lakers but Stern have to cheat coz Kobe have to get CHIMP
    Last edited by bigapple; Nov 17, 2012 at 08:55.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Offseason Summer Spending (MUST READ)
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 23, 2012, 18:15
  2. Knicks will Keep Billups. Option picked up.
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 13:23
  3. These Knicks May not be together Much Longer
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 09:03
  4. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 00:47
  5. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •