Thread: PreGame Thread : Knicks vs. Magic: Preview, Analysis & Predictions

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Default PreGame Thread : Knicks vs. Magic: Preview, Analysis & Predictions

Tonight starts the first game of our 3 game road trip/test of playing 3 games ( Magic,Spurs,and Grizzlies) in 4 nights. There is no such thing as an easy win , in order for the Knicks to remain atop the NBA we have to beat all non contenders on a consistent basis. The Orlando Magic are not playing bad basketball without .

Like it or not Glen "Big Baby" Davis is a major player or difference maker vs the Knicks.

1/16/2012 : 12 points / 6 boards Magic Win 102-93
    3/28/2012 : 10 points / 6 boards Knicks Win 108-86
    4/05/2012 : 15 points / 7 boards Knicks Win 96-80

Once again my key to victory is our front court which should fair better then last season. Our additions of Wallace, Camby, and Kurt Thomas should be more than enough to slow baby down on the glass. Melo will keep this guy guessing on the other side of the court all Night. My final score is 104 - 86 #KNICKSTAPE

Last edited by Knicks4Life_1985; Nov 13, 2012 at 14:28.

Thanks for making the thread, good points made. Magic have only scored something like 77.5 PPG in the last 3 games. I'd like to see us play suffocating D the whole game and keep them under the 75 mark. Will actually be really telling to see how we play tonight. Seemingly plenty of room to slack off and I want to see how our vets are keeping people in place for such a situation.

Hoping for a great win to add to our record and a good boost for our stat lines

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Thanks for making the thread, good points made. Magic have only scored something like 77.5 PPG in the last 3 games. I'd like to see us play suffocating D the whole game and keep them under the 75 mark. Will actually be really telling to see how we play tonight. Seemingly plenty of room to slack off and I want to see how our vets are keeping people in place for such a situation.

Hoping for a great win to add to our record and a good boost for our stat lines
    Great point Shump Street! One of the main reasons to add so many vets late in their career has to be focus as you mentioned. The NY Giants learned what happens when you sleep on a " bad team". Rasheed , Kidd, Camby , Pablo , and Kurt have all made enough money to leave the game however they still playing for that shiny stuff ( Marbury quote ). If you got 10 minutes check out the video below for a good laugh. Steph will always be on my NBA Mount Rushmore can't take anything away from him true KNICK.

Last edited by Knicks4Life_1985; Nov 13, 2012 at 15:41.

get ready for an absolute destruction. the Need for sheed comes out in the first half. Knicks win 110 - 69

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985

Great point Shump Street! One of the main reasons to add so many vets late in their career has to be focus as you mentioned. The NY Giants learned what happens when you sleep on a " bad team". Rasheed , Kidd, Camby , Pablo , and Kurt have all made enough money to leave the game however they still playing for that shiny stuff ( Marbury quote ). If you got 10 minutes check out the video below for a good laugh. Steph will always be on my NBA Mount Rushmore can't take anything away from him true KNICK.

Green rep for this post. Im trying to order a mini Starbury statue from China to put on my front lawn, thats how much i think of him NH

Big Baby has definitely stepped up his game since Dwight got injured last year. And their center (Vucevic i believe is his last name) has done a solid job for them. I disagree Knicks4life, although Big Baby has solid stats against us i dont consider him a guy that usually gives us a tough time. I've seen him put up much bigger stats against other teams....

However, since Big Baby can play the 4 now for the Magic he does not have to worry about a big height difference going up against Chandler. Hes about the same height as Melo but 543 pounds heavier. Im a little worried about Carmelo getting into foul trouble and gotta be careful with Reddick and Affalo. Those dudes can light it up from the perimeter

that is one incredi-gay picture. cabron grande!

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Big Baby has definitely stepped up his game since Dwight got injured last year. And their center (Vucevic i believe is his last name) has done a solid job for them. I disagree Knicks4life, although Big Baby has solid stats against us i dont consider him a guy that usually gives us a tough time. I've seen him put up much bigger stats against other teams....

However, since Big Baby can play the 4 now for the Magic he does not have to worry about a big height difference going up against Chandler. Hes about the same height as Melo but 543 pounds heavier. Im a little worried about Carmelo getting into foul trouble and gotta be careful with Reddick and Affalo. Those dudes can light it up from the perimeter

Maybe I just hate the ******* King Starbury lol, always disliked him I am a Gators fan. Aaron will play hard tonight as usual alot of his old mates will be in the building!

Time for some predictions:

Novak finds his shot and goes 5-7 from 3.

Melo scores a quick 25 through 3 quarters and spends most of the 4th resting on the bench.

Camby logs more minutes and gets 7+ rebounds.

Would love to see some Prigioni +KT/Copeland PnR going

5-0, Knicks 107 - Magic 73

Only Knicks can beat the Knicks. We gotta play every game. We can't sleepwalk or looking ahead. With that being said. Knicks by 12..

Cant wait for this game....i got a bud light 40 im about to open up at halftime. Some really good weed, a pack full of newport one hunnids...Im good yo.

Maybe I just hate the ******* King Starbury lol, always disliked him I am a Gators fan. Aaron will play hard tonight as usual alot of his old mates will be in the building!
    I hated him too but i gotta say i dont mind him as much with the Magic. But with the stats u posted u can easily say hes been a difference maker, there was really no reason for me to disagree. My bad...and that picture of him is gayer then an elton John CD buried in a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow

Sorry wrong thread

It's only the third quarter but this is why we can't have Melo at the 4 all season long and we need stat back. Melo is having a hard time down low with Glen Davis. With Davis' body it is just too hard for Melo. Yes, we may be winning games for now but it will definitely hurt us long term when Melo starts to wear down into the season.