New York Knicks @ Orlando Magic 11/13/12 7:00 PM

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
We are getting blasted on the boards so far this year. Luckily Spurs are 28th in rebounding with only 39 per game. So we are going to have to hit the boards extra hard to get a leg up.

petescud

Starter
wow, right after panic stations took over my mind, Kidd hits that big 3 and we start to pull away....Thanks kidd and to the guys for putting away the Magic

finestrg

Rotation player
We need our bigs to start having a real impact. I thought Chandler was just a step up from awful last night. Dude hasn't been great man, let's be honest. What'd he have last night, like 6 or 7 boards or something? Come on man..Unacceptable. Dude's gotta be up over 10 a game, esp. against a team like Orlando. And his defense wasn't good last night either. Looked like he was just going thru the motions out there for most of the game to me.. Hopefully he'll be into it more next game against Duncan.

And Melo's gotta take it if and when Woody gets on him, which Woody had every right to last night during that one stretch where Melo didn't bother switching on D. The effort wasn't there on D up to that point and Woody let him know about it. Can't have any "and Melo's yelling back at him" moments like Breeny observed on the telecast. I didn't like hearing that. Melo, if he truly wants to win finally, has got to buy in 100%, not 95%. No more prima donna BS. Everyone's accountable now. EVERYONE. Thought he understood that.

JR has been GREAT. The man has talent coming outta all pores. A little concerned that he got winded there -- In fact, I saw him breathing heavily the other night against Dallas too during a stoppage -- a little concerning, although he's giving it his all on both ends so it's probably nothing.

I thought Pablo looked damn good during that one stretch he played, then Woody went away from him. I guess that's nothing too -- Felt was very good throughout so I guess there wasn't a need for him. Nice to see though.

Kidd's been as good as advertised. Doesn't even need to play a ton of mins -- in the mins he does get, he restores order and always manages to have an impact. Did again last night...Our bigs should take notice.

I hope that young lady cheerleader is OK man. That was some spill she took. Scary. Very relieved when she waved to the crowd with both hands as she left. That was a good sign. Hoping and praying she wasn't hurt too bad..

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Felton

Why did Felton take 23 shots today?

Felton has been playing very well this year and he made some big shots against Orlando. He also made a couple of high light passes, but he took more shots than Melo. That should not happen.

Melo almost disappeared in the second half. Felton was holding the ball too much and too often did not give the ball up until only few seconds left in the shot clock. He has to remember that his principal job is distributing the ball.

smokes

Huge Member
Felton has been playing very well this year and he made some big shots against Orlando. He also made a couple of high light passes, but he took more shots than Melo. That should not happen.

Melo almost disappeared in the second half. Felton was holding the ball too much and too often did not give the ball up until only few seconds left in the shot clock. He has to remember that his principal job is distributing the ball.

I think that's part of the reason that JR Smith and Jason Kidd did a lot of the ball handling in the second half, to get the ball out of Felton's hands.

They were running that play for Felton off a screen from Chandler which got him a ton of wide open 15-18 footers which gave him a lot of open shots.

CA7

Scoring Champ
We need our bigs to start having a real impact. I thought Chandler was just a step up from awful last night. Dude hasn't been great man, let's be honest. What'd he have last night, like 6 or 7 boards or something? Come on man..Unacceptable. Dude's gotta be up over 10 a game, esp. against a team like Orlando. And his defense wasn't good last night either. Looked like he was just going thru the motions out there for most of the game to me.. Hopefully he'll be into it more next game against Duncan.

And Melo's gotta take it if and when Woody gets on him, which Woody had every right to last night during that one stretch where Melo didn't bother switching on D. The effort wasn't there on D up to that point and Woody let him know about it. Can't have any "and Melo's yelling back at him" moments like Breeny observed on the telecast. I didn't like hearing that. Melo, if he truly wants to win finally, has got to buy in 100%, not 95%. No more prima donna BS. Everyone's accountable now. EVERYONE. Thought he understood that.

JR has been GREAT. The man has talent coming outta all pores. A little concerned that he got winded there -- In fact, I saw him breathing heavily the other night against Dallas too during a stoppage -- a little concerning, although he's giving it his all on both ends so it's probably nothing.

I thought Pablo looked damn good during that one stretch he played, then Woody went away from him. I guess that's nothing too -- Felt was very good throughout so I guess there wasn't a need for him. Nice to see though.

Kidd's been as good as advertised. Doesn't even need to play a ton of mins -- in the mins he does get, he restores order and always manages to have an impact. Did again last night...Our bigs should take notice.

I hope that young lady cheerleader is OK man. That was some spill she took. Scary. Very relieved when she waved to the crowd with both hands as she left. That was a good sign. Hoping and praying she wasn't hurt too bad..

Breen hates Melo and made it seem like Melo was jawing back with Woodson, Melo was expressing what he say on the play from the other side of the court, if you notice they cut to a talk between them and Melo was explaining why he didn't show on the curl and Woodson told him why to show on the curl

Good job by Woody getting in Melo's ear on that play and Melo responding

deamon

Benchwarmer
Just ESPN
yzbw0z80vx.jpg

By the way, nice one-two hand reverse slam dunk.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
We got handled tonight by a more aggressive, active team. We looked slow, sluggish, and had no will to move the ball.

I sincerely hope we don't play 'down' to the competition like this often, as it was poor to witness at 50+pt 1st half from a dreadful scoring team.

Once....JUST ONCE.... Can we see 2 of our bigs on the floor at a time, ESPECIALLY when we are getting killed on the boards.

I dream of the below combinations....not just for kicks, but because I think it will really shake up our opponents when we are getting out-boarded:
---Chandler/Sheed
---Chandler/Camby
---Chandler/Thomas
---Sheed/Camby
---Sheed/Thomas
---Camby/Thomas

We have such ridiculously awesome size that we should try using it sometimes.

CoolClyde

i have a feeling Knicks had too much time off, basking in the adulation of a 4-0 start, and losing
sight of the upcoming tough road stretch.

ya gotta give credit to Orlando for playing tough the first half, their defense was pretty good,
Chandler was having foul trouble, Sheed was missing everything, Melo was falling into
a mental funk not defending properly off the back door, and although Felton was shooting
a lot, I thought he was key throughout, hitting 3's, assisting Chandler (who missed a couple dunks),
and being THE POINT GUARD.

Pablo played well, you can see him going to the hoop immediately as opposed to pass-first,
something Wood Son is pumping into his euro-brain mentality.

Major props to Junior Swish, the difference in the game, instant offense AND defense.
his shot selection is so much better, with soft floaters in the lane, driving and thriving, and the purity
of his shooting rivaled only by truemelo.

Defensity once again reared it's massive head, letting Knicks coast to 4th quarter domination and
eventually win. a great game when taking into account road blues and playing down to comp.

good luck vs upcoming opponents, we're gonna need it.

defensity.jpg