Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: CA7 Presents: New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs Game Thread

That was a very frustrating close to the first half but I think if we play like this in the 2nd half we have a good chance to win. Just gotta be a little more disciplined on defense. We were doing good there for most of the 2nd quarter but then Tony Parker got going.

The f*ckin refs have had it out for us all damn year, not trying to make excuses for Melo but this guy gets hit every game and doesnt get to the free throw line nearly as much as he should. I cant believe he hasnt even taken a free throw in the 1st half

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo loses his sneaker and still doesnt get to the FT line...what is it going to take for Melo to win these refs?
    A name change to LeBron James.

Every time we get some momentum the refs kill it.

Melo with 4 point and were only down 2 points against the Spurs.. impressive

Prokherov and Gay Z are paying the refs every game we play. Its amazing that we're 5 and 0, we'd be winning games by 40 points if it wasnt for these refs

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    That was a very frustrating close to the first half but I think if we play like this in the 2nd half we have a good chance to win. Just gotta be a little more disciplined on defense. We were doing good there for most of the 2nd quarter but then Tony Parker got going.

The f*ckin refs have had it out for us all damn year, not trying to make excuses for Melo but this guy gets hit every game and doesnt get to the free throw line nearly as much as he should. I cant believe he hasnt even taken a free throw in the 1st half
    Reminds me of the days when Starbury use to penetrate to the basket strong without flopping on the floor but never got the calls because it was such a strong drive he use to move the big man.

Thats kind of what Melo does, Melo doesn't flop or act...so refs won't buy it.

Reminds me of the days when Starbury use to penetrate to the basket strong without flopping on the floor but never got the calls because it was such a strong drive he use to move the big man.

Very true +1

KK time for Melo to unload in the 2nd half... got damn these guys are all over him as soon as he catches tho

holy sh*it, what a first half. i'm worried if knicks ain't hittin the big shots, the lack of ball movement's gonna hurt em, unlike the Spurms who are ALL ball movement. Duncan is just unstoppable, everything he throws up goes in. Knicks were containing colonel Parker, until 2nd half when he decided to start driving the paint. Knicks D picked up, but Spurms still seem to be the hungrier team on the boards.

Melo being outmuscled by entire SA squad, ball movement will solve that problem. Melo needs to move without ball, catch the ball in rhythm, and drive that lane before defense can set up. Wood Son needs to get in the Knicks faces and stress passin that rock around the horn.

Sheed block on Tiago Shi*tter was great.

great game thus far. c'mon now boys! make it happen!

Melo not getting some calls and Chandler slacking off on defense.

Sheed's confidence seems to be very high this game. Probably should give him extended minutes tonight if Chandler continues to look tired on D.

Players like Paul Pierce still make a living off of flopping. Hes 5th in free throw attempts per game in the league. I have thought for a while that Melo should tweak his game to be a little more like Pierce. Starburys penetration move to the rim was amongst the best Ive ever seen. I still wish he had more of a chance in 2009 when O Antoni chose to play Duhon over him. That team would've been solid, honestly i cant even remember who we still had at the start of that season. I think we still had ZBo and Crawford. And we probably had Gallo, Chandler and David Lee. Thats a playoff team with a healthy Starbury at PG, people forget how well he played before the heel injury in early 2008

oh boohoo Parker!

Felton launching away tonight lol

Kidd beatin Duncans a$$! lol