Outstanding 6 game win over defensive-Spurs

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks showed weakness and a 4th quarter superiorty over a tough Spurs team for a crunchtime win.

Jason Kidd's team leadership on offense/defense has become above-average
to lead us to a 6-0 Knicks record.
Giving PG-Raymond Felton the greenlight to run the offense vs a tough
defensive Spurs team who kept their best double-defenders on Melo was a
great strategic move when Melo kept his defenders far from the paint plus
Melo kept the Knicks ball movement consistently moving throughout the game....
The Spurs were expecting Melo to shoot 12 or more shots in the 4th quarter, but Melo fooled the Spurs by taking 2 shots in the 4th quarter and only 12 shots throughout his 40 minutes of playingtime .. career record.

Melo's 40 minutes of playingtime lastnight step-down his scoring ego to play team-ball to lead the Knicks in a team win .. Remarkable.
If Melo keep sacrificing his high scoring reputation for a team win, then the tandem of Melo & Amare will GELL in a Knicks lineup and rotation.

Any thoughts on the outstanding crunchtime WIN that have us with the best record in the league ....
6-0

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2012-13 Knicks will WIN the Atlantic Division Title

Back to Back Game

I'm looking for the "Friday night Knicks" to take us to 7-0 on a strong high-scoring performance from Melo vs the Memphis Grizz .. Melo earned it from his best performance as a Knicks in the Spurs WIN...

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Knicks showed weakness and a 4th quarter superiorty over a tough Spurs team for a crunchtime win.

Jason Kidd's team leadership on offense/defense has become above-average
to lead us to a 6-0 Knicks record.
Giving PG-Raymond Felton the greenlight to run the offense vs a tough
defensive Spurs team who kept their best double-defenders on Melo was a
great strategic move when Melo kept his defenders far from the paint plus
Melo kept the Knicks ball movement consistently moving throughout the game....
The Spurs were expecting Melo to shoot 12 or more shots in the 4th quarter, but Melo fooled the Spurs by taking 2 shots in the 4th quarter and only 12 shots throughout his 40 minutes of playingtime .. career record.

Melo's 40 minutes of playingtime lastnight step-down his scoring ego to play team-ball to lead the Knicks in a team win .. Remarkable.
If Melo keep sacrificing his high scoring reputation for a team win, then the tandem of Melo & Amare will GELL in a Knicks lineup and rotation.

Any thoughts on the outstanding crunchtime WIN that have us with the best record in the league ....
6-0

These are the type of wins that transform a good team to an actual contender. Most teams are talented, but only a few really know how to close out games. The Spurs are definitely one of them, but last night we showed that we have also ascended to that level. Teams should be very aware of the new look Knicks that don't need Melo to shoot 30 times to win close games anymore. People probably also forget that we're still not at full strength and are doing all this damage with elite defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Such a relief to have Kiyaman back.

Kiyaman, what are you thoughts on Amar'e returning to the team?

Amare return is a good thang .. Amare was never a Knicks problem ....
Melo shooting 25 plus shots per game, and then JR.Smith shooting 15 plus shots per game .. that is/was a Knicks problem.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Melo shooting 25 plus shots per game, and then JR.Smith shooting 15 plus shots per game .. that is/was a Knicks problem.

Damn good point bro. Now that I think about it that way, stats return will make us that much better. Not to mention shumps in January making is better defensive and more athletic

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Spurs

That was a phenomenal game. Forgive me Raymond for all my prior negative posts! He has been terrific. I do not like him taking the most shots, but last night he was consistently effective.

Jackson and Leonard are lock down defenders and were hounding Melo all night. He played a terrific unselfish game. Kidd was great and JR magnificent.

I look forward to the Memphis game but the second half of a back-to-back is particulaarly difficult and Memphis is playing very well.

I watch the games on League Pass. For some reason it seems we never get the MSG feed. I miss Clyde. Sean Elliott was very high on the Knicks play. He was particularly impressed with Melo's moving the ball out of double teams.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
That game was incredible, i must admit i threw in the white flag when splitter kept scoring on us down low... seemed like we were about to receive our first lost of the season.

How great is it having a guy like Kidd on our team. Even at his age this guy is still a Game changer.

When we get all our players fully healthy this team will be SCARY

Red

TYPE-A

To me that means D'Antoni was the problem. Which means Woodson is the solution.

Damn good point bro. Now that I think about it that way, stats return will make us that much better. Not to mention shumps in January making is better defensive and more athletic

Exactly. When we consider STAT we have to take off the SSOL (LOSS) glasses and see him through the Woodson lens.

+More Blocks, and-1's, hard fouls, inside scoring, depth, perimeter D, etc...

I didn't like STAT before I knew Woodson could influence players defensively while using them to their best offensively. Now when I see STAT with what we have so far, it could be deadly.
:gony:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Last night showed why veteran champion experience, now matter how old the player is, can be a superior asset. The Thunder didn't have that last season. I'm not saying the Heat weren't a tough team last season, but they had an advantage over the Thunder with experience. The Knicks were short-handed so who knows if they could have gone further. The Pacers won two games against them, but perhaps lack of experience is why they lost. The Celtics took the series to game 7. Not enough athleticism? Maybe, but still, seven games. Championship veteran experience showed the series could have gone either way. Our team has a mixture of championship experience, athleticism, and youth.

The Heat might be tougher this year in the post-season with Ray Allen, or will they be less hungry? Will Wade decline?

Either way, that win last night was a big showing that the veterans have the less experienced guys back. Having Kidd on our team is like having another superstar. We didn't even unleash Camby that many minutes.

I almost feel like my eyes are getting a little misty.

Red

TYPE-A
That was a phenomenal game. Forgive me Raymond for all my prior negative posts! He has been terrific. I do not like him taking the most shots, but last night he was consistently effective.

Jackson and Leonard are lock down defenders and were hounding Melo all night. He played a terrific unselfish game. Kidd was great and JR magnificent.

I look forward to the Memphis game but the second half of a back-to-back is particulaarly difficult and Memphis is playing very well.

I watch the games on League Pass. For some reason it seems we never get the MSG feed. I miss Clyde. Sean Elliott was very high on the Knicks play. He was particularly impressed with Melo's moving the ball out of double teams.

gyi0062264974.jpg

You are forgiven.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
To me that means D'Antoni was the problem. Which means Woodson is the solution.

Exactly. When we consider STAT we have to take off the SSOL (LOSS) glasses and see him through the Woodson lens.

+More Blocks, and-1's, hard fouls, inside scoring, depth, perimeter D, etc...

I didn't like STAT before I knew Woodson could influence players defensively while using them to their best offensively. Now when I see STAT with what we have so far, it could be deadly.
:gony:
And hopefully Amar'e gaining too much muscle and injuries last season was the reason why he was THAT bad defensively. He literally played none a lot of times, not even moving.

Imagine he starts blocking the **** out of people again like he did early in that 8-game win streak early in his first season with the Knicks? Blocking shots doesn't mean you're a great defender, but it is defense and it does energize the team, himself as well. He wasn't a big liability during that time.

After the infamous glass injury to the hand happened, he did show heart the game he returned and helped the team win, hopefully he can do this all season, which might happen with the consistency our team has been bringing.

smokes

Huge Member
And hopefully Amar'e gaining too much muscle and injuries last season was the reason why he was THAT bad defensively. He literally played none a lot of times, not even moving.

Imagine he starts blocking the **** out of people again like he did early in that 8-game win streak early in his first season with the Knicks? Blocking shots doesn't mean you're a great defender, but it is defense and it does energize the team, himself as well. He wasn't a big liability during that time.

After the infamous glass injury to the hand happened, he did show heart the game he returned and helped the team win, hopefully he can do this all season, which might happen with the consistency our team has been bringing.

Yeah and after Woodson's take over there were flashes of solid D from Amare. Of course, we can't settle for flashes, but I think when all 10-12 players in the rotation are committing there won't be anywhere for STAT to hide he's going to have to put up.

Red

TYPE-A

I just mentioned that today to my homies.

Lin b!tched up and sat. STAT played with the hand wrap and dropped a double-double. :cool:

Red

TYPE-A
Yeah and after Woodson's take over there were flashes of solid D from Amare. Of course, we can't settle for flashes, but I think when all 10-12 players in the rotation are committing there won't be anywhere for STAT to hide he's going to have to put up.

Well I say that D'Antoni's defense was too reliant on individual one-on-ones, at least that's what inadvertently happened. Woodson has us playing team oriented defense where all contribute and help.

Once STAT gets that down; his size, speed, quickness, and hops will be an addition. He won't be on an island guarding CENTERS.

Remember that? :barf:

metrocard

Legend
Well I say that D'Antoni's defense was too reliant on individual one-on-ones, at least that's what inadvertently happened. Woodson has us playing team oriented defense where all contribute and help.

Once STAT gets that down; his size, speed, quickness, and hops will be an addition. He won't be on an island guarding CENTERS.

Remember that? :barf:

Your avatar is GOLD.

May you link me to the image?