Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outstanding 6 game win over defensive-Spurs

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    And hopefully Amar'e gaining too much muscle and injuries last season was the reason why he was THAT bad defensively. He literally played none a lot of times, not even moving.

Imagine he starts blocking the **** out of people again like he did early in that 8-game win streak early in his first season with the Knicks? Blocking shots doesn't mean you're a great defender, but it is defense and it does energize the team, himself as well. He wasn't a big liability during that time.

After the infamous glass injury to the hand happened, he did show heart the game he returned and helped the team win, hopefully he can do this all season, which might happen with the consistency our team has been bringing.
    Yeah and after Woodson's take over there were flashes of solid D from Amare. Of course, we can't settle for flashes, but I think when all 10-12 players in the rotation are committing there won't be anywhere for STAT to hide he's going to have to put up.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    And hopefully Amar'e gaining too much muscle and injuries last season was the reason why he was THAT bad defensively. He literally played none a lot of times, not even moving.

Imagine he starts blocking the **** out of people again like he did early in that 8-game win streak early in his first season with the Knicks? Blocking shots doesn't mean you're a great defender, but it is defense and it does energize the team, himself as well. He wasn't a big liability during that time.

After the infamous glass injury to the hand happened, he did show heart the game he returned and helped the team win, hopefully he can do this all season, which might happen with the consistency our team has been bringing.
    I just mentioned that today to my homies.

Lin b!tched up and sat. STAT played with the hand wrap and dropped a double-double.

Cool

Originally Posted by smokes
    Yeah and after Woodson's take over there were flashes of solid D from Amare. Of course, we can't settle for flashes, but I think when all 10-12 players in the rotation are committing there won't be anywhere for STAT to hide he's going to have to put up.
    Well I say that D'Antoni's defense was too reliant on individual one-on-ones, at least that's what inadvertently happened. Woodson has us playing team oriented defense where all contribute and help.

Once STAT gets that down; his size, speed, quickness, and hops will be an addition. He won't be on an island guarding CENTERS.

Remember that?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Red
    Well I say that D'Antoni's defense was too reliant on individual one-on-ones, at least that's what inadvertently happened. Woodson has us playing team oriented defense where all contribute and help.

Once STAT gets that down; his size, speed, quickness, and hops will be an addition. He won't be on an island guarding CENTERS.

Remember that?
    Your avatar is GOLD.

May you link me to the image?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Your avatar is GOLD.

May you link me to the image?
    Good looks.