Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of the Rotation

Default State of the Rotation

as of now were seeing felton kidd brewer anthony chandler. thought we could make a thread speculating what it'll be like when we eventually get shump and STAT back.

PG Kidd
    SG Shumpert
    SF Brewer
    PF Anthony
    C Chandler

2nd unit of
    PG Felton/Prigioni
    SG Smith
    SF Novak
    PF Stoudemire
    C Camby/Wallace

felton's obviously doing awesome starting right now, but when those two come back there is going to be a shakeup. I like the balance of this lineup-- I don't know if i'd trust the defense in the 2nd unit, but i do like putting felton and stat together.
    also wallace is playing well, but i think camby really should be the one to get more minutes.

what do yall think we're going to see?

Shump will likely not start this year if Brewer and Smith are healthy and you can take that to the bank. He will be out of rhythm and will likely be used as more defense off the bench.

STAT will be starting, Woodson has stated as much.

Veteran

Shump best games in his rookie season prove he is not a starter in the NBA yet. Shump need a season of playingtime experience off the bench before committed to being a starter.

JR.Smith career best is that of a 24 minute bench player as a 3rd to 4th scoring option in a lineup.

Brewer is our best IQ starter at SG.

NBA commentators who keep mentioning Amare would be best coming off the bench as a 2nd unit player when Amare comes back.
    These same commentators refuse to mention the reason why "Amare & Melo" does not fit into the same lineup on offense or defense.

The same commentators been praising Melo as the Knicks PF, were quiet as a mouse when the Memphis Grizz big frontcourt of Gasol, Zach, and Gay outscored the Knicks in every quarter of the game for a Knicks loss.

Who is the better PF on the Knicks?
    Amare? Rasheed? Thomas? Camby? Novak? or Melo

Starters-Kidd, Brewer, Melo, Rasheed, Chandler
    Starters-Felton, Shump, Novak, Amare, Camby
    2nd Unit-Prig, JR.Smith, Copeland, K.Thomas, Amare

What idiot signed White over Thompson????
    when the trio lineup of PG-Prig, SG-Thompson, and SF-Copeland showed great promise...

Felton
    Sumpert
    Melo
    STAT
    Chandler

Kidd
    Brewer/smith
    Smith/brewer
    Novak/wallace
    Camby

deep deep team. Really excited

Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    as of now were seeing felton kidd brewer anthony chandler. thought we could make a thread speculating what it'll be like when we eventually get shump and STAT back.

PG Kidd
    SG Shumpert
    SF Brewer
    PF Anthony
    C Chandler

2nd unit of
    PG Felton/Prigioni
    SG Smith
    SF Novak
    PF Stoudemire
    C Camby/Wallace

felton's obviously doing awesome starting right now, but when those two come back there is going to be a shakeup. I like the balance of this lineup-- I don't know if i'd trust the defense in the 2nd unit, but i do like putting felton and stat together.
    also wallace is playing well, but i think camby really should be the one to get more minutes.

what do yall think we're going to see?
    We can debate whether or not Amare will be best utilized starting or off the bench, but I think Woody Starts Stat when he returns. Shump is up for debate just because the backcourt will be a logjam.

We HAVE to be the deepest team in the league when those 2 return.

When these guys first come back from their injuries we'll look like:

Felton
    Brewer
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

Unless Amar'e comes in and completely messes our chemistry he is not coming off the bench. Just not happening. Shump won't start right away but can work himself in there if his offense has improved. We already know what he brings on D. And Felton is our starting PG no matter how much we like Kidd's steady hand. Felton gives us that attacking PG who gets inside and draws players. Kidd can't do it as much and doesn't play as physical.

2nd Unit:
    Kidd/ Pablo
    Jr/ Shump
    Novak/White
    Sheed/KT/Cope
    Camby/KT

Only other realistic possibility I see is just to keep Kidd in the starting lineup and move Brewer to the bench.

Amare will definitely get his spot back when he returns. The minutes he'll get is questionable though. Shumpert, being in only his 2nd year would probably have to work his way in off the bench. I think Woodson likes Brewer's energy to start the game.

The messed up part of all this is someone will lose most or all of their minutes. I can see Novak losing minutes since he's the only one dimensional player on the team.

Felton
    Kidd
    Anthony
    Amare
    Chandler

Veteran

When both Amare & Shump return, Amare will be put in the starting lineup .. Shump will be coming off the bench with Felton.

Coach Woody have to give the Gellin-Job of "Amare & Melo" to our postseason starting PG-Jason Kidd ....

I got my money on Kidd doing the impossible, getting chemistry from Amare & Melo in a 8 minute lineup.

Kidd
    Brewer
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

Felton
    Shump
    Novak
    Rasheed
    Camby

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    When both Amare & Shump return, Amare will be put in the starting lineup .. Shump will be coming off the bench with Felton.

Coach Woody have to give the Gellin-Job of "Amare & Melo" to our postseason starting PG-Jason Kidd ....

I got my money on Kidd doing the impossible, getting chemistry from Amare & Melo in a 8 minute lineup.

Kidd
    Brewer
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

Felton
    Shump
    Novak
    Rasheed
    Camby
    I'm not sure if its a lock that Amare is going to be starting. I always took Woodson's "egos at the door" talk as being directed to Amare. Then again, he's loyal to his vets so I really have no idea what to expect out of Woody. It also depends on how healthy Amare is when he gets back. I havent heard anything about his rehab and find it strange he isn't even on the bench during games. That can't be good for moral

"Rook" is a Woodson favorite as well as Knick favorite!

No way Shump losses his spot when he's back to 100%

Look Brewer has been great and so has JR but Shump is essentially a combination of both of those players skill sets.

I think Woody will take his time with bringing Shump along (he has the luxury of doing so) but when Shump is back to form he's our starting Shooting Guard.

Now who sits is anyone's guess. But it won't be Iman Shumpert

My biggest concern is the front court. Sheed is looking good on the low post and the Tyson/Camby dynamic is going to be solid for us once Camby gets more time in (looks like Woody is bringing him along similar to what he did with Rasheed) but when Stat returns then what?

I mean just like Shump what this affords us is the opportunity to let Stat completely heal...I mean he can actually practice for weeks before actually playing in a game, but then who do you sit? I mean Novak can just become a very expensive bench warmer or maybe we can trade him (see my proposed trade in the trade thread) but Novak being out is kinda hard to imagine.

felton/kidd/prigs
    shumpert/smith/brewer
    melo/brewer/novak
    amare/sheed/novak
    tyson/camby/sheed

shumpert i dont think will get starters minutes 20-23 minutes in the beginning

i think woodson should start chandler, sheed, melo, kidd or brewer, and felton to help establish what the rotation will be when stat comes back. just a thought.

Superstar

I think come playoff time Novak and Pablo might fall out the rotation if everyone's healthy. You can't win in the playoffs with a 12 man rotation, it's just not realistic.

I think the rotation is gonna be

Felton
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Stat
    Tyson

Kidd
    Jr
    Brewer
    Sheed
    Camby

If STAT comes off the bench, it will be similar to what SF is doing with Lincecum in the Bullpen. We will be unstoppable and have a dude on a mission dominate the others teams second unit.