State of the Rotation

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
as of now were seeing felton kidd brewer anthony chandler. thought we could make a thread speculating what it'll be like when we eventually get shump and STAT back.

PG Kidd
SG Shumpert
SF Brewer
PF Anthony
C Chandler

2nd unit of
PG Felton/Prigioni
SG Smith
SF Novak
PF Stoudemire
C Camby/Wallace

felton's obviously doing awesome starting right now, but when those two come back there is going to be a shakeup. I like the balance of this lineup-- I don't know if i'd trust the defense in the 2nd unit, but i do like putting felton and stat together.
also wallace is playing well, but i think camby really should be the one to get more minutes.

what do yall think we're going to see?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Shump will likely not start this year if Brewer and Smith are healthy and you can take that to the bank. :2cents::2cents: He will be out of rhythm and will likely be used as more defense off the bench.

STAT will be starting, Woodson has stated as much.

Kiyaman

Legend
Shump best games in his rookie season prove he is not a starter in the NBA yet. Shump need a season of playingtime experience off the bench before committed to being a starter.

JR.Smith career best is that of a 24 minute bench player as a 3rd to 4th scoring option in a lineup.

Brewer is our best IQ starter at SG.

NBA commentators who keep mentioning Amare would be best coming off the bench as a 2nd unit player when Amare comes back.
These same commentators refuse to mention the reason why "Amare & Melo" does not fit into the same lineup on offense or defense.

The same commentators been praising Melo as the Knicks PF, were quiet as a mouse when the Memphis Grizz big frontcourt of Gasol, Zach, and Gay outscored the Knicks in every quarter of the game for a Knicks loss.

Who is the better PF on the Knicks?
Amare? Rasheed? Thomas? Camby? Novak? or Melo

Starters-Kidd, Brewer, Melo, Rasheed, Chandler
Starters-Felton, Shump, Novak, Amare, Camby
2nd Unit-Prig, JR.Smith, Copeland, K.Thomas, Amare

What idiot signed White over Thompson????
when the trio lineup of PG-Prig, SG-Thompson, and SF-Copeland showed great promise...

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Felton
Sumpert
Melo
STAT
Chandler

Kidd
Brewer/smith
Smith/brewer
Novak/wallace
Camby

deep deep team. Really excited

carlito1171

Rookie
as of now were seeing felton kidd brewer anthony chandler. thought we could make a thread speculating what it'll be like when we eventually get shump and STAT back.

PG Kidd
SG Shumpert
SF Brewer
PF Anthony
C Chandler

2nd unit of
PG Felton/Prigioni
SG Smith
SF Novak
PF Stoudemire
C Camby/Wallace

felton's obviously doing awesome starting right now, but when those two come back there is going to be a shakeup. I like the balance of this lineup-- I don't know if i'd trust the defense in the 2nd unit, but i do like putting felton and stat together.
also wallace is playing well, but i think camby really should be the one to get more minutes.

what do yall think we're going to see?

We can debate whether or not Amare will be best utilized starting or off the bench, but I think Woody Starts Stat when he returns. Shump is up for debate just because the backcourt will be a logjam.

We HAVE to be the deepest team in the league when those 2 return.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
When these guys first come back from their injuries we'll look like:

Felton
Brewer
Melo
Stat
Chandler

Unless Amar'e comes in and completely messes our chemistry he is not coming off the bench. Just not happening. Shump won't start right away but can work himself in there if his offense has improved. We already know what he brings on D. And Felton is our starting PG no matter how much we like Kidd's steady hand. Felton gives us that attacking PG who gets inside and draws players. Kidd can't do it as much and doesn't play as physical.

2nd Unit:
Kidd/ Pablo
Jr/ Shump
Novak/White
Sheed/KT/Cope
Camby/KT

Only other realistic possibility I see is just to keep Kidd in the starting lineup and move Brewer to the bench.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Amare will definitely get his spot back when he returns. The minutes he'll get is questionable though. Shumpert, being in only his 2nd year would probably have to work his way in off the bench. I think Woodson likes Brewer's energy to start the game.

The messed up part of all this is someone will lose most or all of their minutes. I can see Novak losing minutes since he's the only one dimensional player on the team.

Felton
Kidd
Anthony
Amare
Chandler

Kiyaman

Legend
When both Amare & Shump return, Amare will be put in the starting lineup .. Shump will be coming off the bench with Felton.

Coach Woody have to give the Gellin-Job of "Amare & Melo" to our postseason starting PG-Jason Kidd ....

I got my money on Kidd doing the impossible, getting chemistry from Amare & Melo in a 8 minute lineup.

Kidd
Brewer
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Felton
Shump
Novak
Rasheed
Camby

Starks

Starter
When both Amare & Shump return, Amare will be put in the starting lineup .. Shump will be coming off the bench with Felton.

Coach Woody have to give the Gellin-Job of "Amare & Melo" to our postseason starting PG-Jason Kidd ....

I got my money on Kidd doing the impossible, getting chemistry from Amare & Melo in a 8 minute lineup.

Kidd
Brewer
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Felton
Shump
Novak
Rasheed
Camby

I'm not sure if its a lock that Amare is going to be starting. I always took Woodson's "egos at the door" talk as being directed to Amare. Then again, he's loyal to his vets so I really have no idea what to expect out of Woody. It also depends on how healthy Amare is when he gets back. I havent heard anything about his rehab and find it strange he isn't even on the bench during games. That can't be good for moral

New New York

Quiet Storm
"Rook" is a Woodson favorite as well as Knick favorite!

No way Shump losses his spot when he's back to 100%

Look Brewer has been great and so has JR but Shump is essentially a combination of both of those players skill sets.

I think Woody will take his time with bringing Shump along (he has the luxury of doing so) but when Shump is back to form he's our starting Shooting Guard.

Now who sits is anyone's guess. But it won't be Iman Shumpert

New New York

Quiet Storm
My biggest concern is the front court. Sheed is looking good on the low post and the Tyson/Camby dynamic is going to be solid for us once Camby gets more time in (looks like Woody is bringing him along similar to what he did with Rasheed) but when Stat returns then what?

I mean just like Shump what this affords us is the opportunity to let Stat completely heal...I mean he can actually practice for weeks before actually playing in a game, but then who do you sit? I mean Novak can just become a very expensive bench warmer or maybe we can trade him (see my proposed trade in the trade thread) but Novak being out is kinda hard to imagine.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
felton/kidd/prigs
shumpert/smith/brewer
melo/brewer/novak
amare/sheed/novak
tyson/camby/sheed

shumpert i dont think will get starters minutes 20-23 minutes in the beginning

erivera

Benchwarmer
i think woodson should start chandler, sheed, melo, kidd or brewer, and felton to help establish what the rotation will be when stat comes back. just a thought.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I think come playoff time Novak and Pablo might fall out the rotation if everyone's healthy. You can't win in the playoffs with a 12 man rotation, it's just not realistic.

I think the rotation is gonna be

Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
Tyson

Kidd
Jr
Brewer
Sheed
Camby

If STAT comes off the bench, it will be similar to what SF is doing with Lincecum in the Bullpen. We will be unstoppable and have a dude on a mission dominate the others teams second unit.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm not sure if its a lock that Amare is going to be starting. I always took Woodson's "egos at the door" talk as being directed to Amare. Then again, he's loyal to his vets so I really have no idea what to expect out of Woody. It also depends on how healthy Amare is when he gets back. I havent heard anything about his rehab and find it strange he isn't even on the bench during games. That can't be good for moral

Great Point .. I too been checkin the bench at home games wondering where the hell is Amare?

Woody has his hands full with the (oil & water EGO'S of) Melo & Amare not wanting to be in the same lineup or on the same roster.
Woody commented on Camby being healthy throughout the DNP, trying to find a place on the team. While I believe Camby wouldve made a huge difference in the Grizz game.
Chandler has a great career when used as a 24 minute per game center.

My biggest concern is the front court. Sheed is looking good on the low post and the Tyson/Camby dynamic is going to be solid for us once Camby gets more time in (looks like Woody is bringing him along similar to what he did with Rasheed) but when Stat returns then what?

I mean just like Shump what this affords us is the opportunity to let Stat completely heal...I mean he can actually practice for weeks before actually playing in a game, but then who do you sit? I mean Novak can just become a very expensive bench warmer or maybe we can trade him (see my proposed trade in the trade thread) but Novak being out is kinda hard to imagine.

With Amare out I thought our frontcourt rotation of bigmen would be Chandler/Camby sharing 48 minutes at center, and Kurt/Sheed sharing 48 minutes at PF .. just a thought.

I thought Woody would use Novak as a spot-shooter in the rotation, receiving no minutes in the first half of each game, while receiving 15 or more minutes in the 2nd half of games .. that would keep Novak sharper with his catch n shoot or fake dribble n shoot.

Brewer should be playing multi-position at SG/SF receiving more minutes than JR.Smith .. the thought of using JR.Smith as a first or 2nd option on offense is scary because of his career as an inconsistent player with to much dribbling in his performance.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO him not sitting on the bench during the games means he's trying to avoid the media [and questions about his rehab]. As of late he's been barely tweeting about the Knicks and I understand why he's doing so. Let Amare make his way back and we'll see whether or not he's able to merge into this team.

In my opinion, this will be the starting lineup when everyone is back

PG Felton ~> You can't bench this guy when STAT will be starting and how he has been playing

SG Brewer ~> Shumpert will probably get this back once he settles in

SF Melo

PF STAT ~> If felton starts, stat starts. If Stat starts, felton starts, That's just the way it is. And we all know Woodson ain't benching one of these.

C Chandler

~~~~~

I'd like to see more of Kidd in the starting lineup instead of brewer and shump but I know I'm not gonna get that

carlito1171

Rookie
IMO him not sitting on the bench during the games means he's trying to avoid the media [and questions about his rehab]. As of late he's been barely tweeting about the Knicks and I understand why he's doing so. Let Amare make his way back and we'll see whether or not he's able to merge into this team.

I thought Amare was with us at the spurs game.

I've seen a few tweets where he mentioned the Knicks winning....