Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of the Rotation

Veteran

Originally Posted by Starks
    I'm not sure if its a lock that Amare is going to be starting. I always took Woodson's "egos at the door" talk as being directed to Amare. Then again, he's loyal to his vets so I really have no idea what to expect out of Woody. It also depends on how healthy Amare is when he gets back. I havent heard anything about his rehab and find it strange he isn't even on the bench during games. That can't be good for moral

Great Point .. I too been checkin the bench at home games wondering where the hell is Amare?

Woody has his hands full with the (oil & water EGO'S of) Melo & Amare not wanting to be in the same lineup or on the same roster.
    Woody commented on Camby being healthy throughout the DNP, trying to find a place on the team. While I believe Camby wouldve made a huge difference in the Grizz game.
    Chandler has a great career when used as a 24 minute per game center.

My biggest concern is the front court. Sheed is looking good on the low post and the Tyson/Camby dynamic is going to be solid for us once Camby gets more time in (looks like Woody is bringing him along similar to what he did with Rasheed) but when Stat returns then what?

I mean just like Shump what this affords us is the opportunity to let Stat completely heal...I mean he can actually practice for weeks before actually playing in a game, but then who do you sit? I mean Novak can just become a very expensive bench warmer or maybe we can trade him (see my proposed trade in the trade thread) but Novak being out is kinda hard to imagine.
    With Amare out I thought our frontcourt rotation of bigmen would be Chandler/Camby sharing 48 minutes at center, and Kurt/Sheed sharing 48 minutes at PF .. just a thought.

I thought Woody would use Novak as a spot-shooter in the rotation, receiving no minutes in the first half of each game, while receiving 15 or more minutes in the 2nd half of games .. that would keep Novak sharper with his catch n shoot or fake dribble n shoot.

Brewer should be playing multi-position at SG/SF receiving more minutes than JR.Smith .. the thought of using JR.Smith as a first or 2nd option on offense is scary because of his career as an inconsistent player with to much dribbling in his performance.

IMO him not sitting on the bench during the games means he's trying to avoid the media [and questions about his rehab]. As of late he's been barely tweeting about the Knicks and I understand why he's doing so. Let Amare make his way back and we'll see whether or not he's able to merge into this team.

Superstar

He did just have knee surgery. He's probably just trying to stay off his feet

In my opinion, this will be the starting lineup when everyone is back

PG Felton ~> You can't bench this guy when STAT will be starting and how he has been playing

SG Brewer ~> Shumpert will probably get this back once he settles in

SF Melo

PF STAT ~> If felton starts, stat starts. If Stat starts, felton starts, That's just the way it is. And we all know Woodson ain't benching one of these.

C Chandler

~~~~~

I'd like to see more of Kidd in the starting lineup instead of brewer and shump but I know I'm not gonna get that

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    IMO him not sitting on the bench during the games means he's trying to avoid the media [and questions about his rehab]. As of late he's been barely tweeting about the Knicks and I understand why he's doing so. Let Amare make his way back and we'll see whether or not he's able to merge into this team.
    I thought Amare was with us at the spurs game.

I've seen a few tweets where he mentioned the Knicks winning....

Originally Posted by carlito1171
    I thought Amare was with us at the spurs game.

I've seen a few tweets where he mentioned the Knicks winning....
    he was back in the training room watching the game on TV

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I think come playoff time Novak and Pablo might fall out the rotation if everyone's healthy. You can't win in the playoffs with a 12 man rotation, it's just not realistic.

I think the rotation is gonna be

Felton
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Stat
    Tyson

Kidd
    Jr
    Brewer
    Sheed
    Camby

Im 100% with you on this one.

I can see..woodson NOT bringing Stat off the bench.... but i do think he has a plan on how to use Stat effectively once he's back

and i believe woodson said "i don't believe a player should lose his starting job just because of an injury"
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Nov 21, 2012 at 21:00.

Do we all agree that Novak would be the odd man out?