Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Dallas GT

Melo pulled up for his signature sexy game winner instead of taking it to the lane.

BTW i really hate Jr Smith again...

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Melo pulled up for his signature sexy game winner instead of taking it to the lane.

BTW i really hate Jr Smith again...
    JR is having a great season so far, but when something is not going you MUST make the necessary adjustment... and just like the Memphis game Woodson has failed to make the adjustment.

Jr had no business playing that 4th quarter he was pure garbage

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Don't like the shot or the wasted clock time

Melo should of just kept driving to the basket... the lane looked pretty open
    Yeah I was talking with my brother about if they should kill clock before last shot or attack early.

I wasn't concerned with the clock, I had confidence our D could get the final stop, I just wanted to see a drive to the hole by Melo or Felton....particularly Melo despite all the bad no calls and offensive charging on Anthony when Carter wasn't even set until Melo was already well into his move/layup.

Oh well....fck it. Sucks....I can't stand any of the 3 Texas teams.

Sent from my LG-P999

Refs weren't going to let us win this game....we can just move on....not the first time, and won't be the last...Melo should had drove to the basket though and hope for the foul on a high pct shot instead of shooting a 25 ' shot
    Last edited by petescud; Nov 21, 2012 at 23:28.

Superstar

Melo beat Marion and had a wide open look that im almost positive he would've hit. He just fumbled the ball on the way up. Kaman literally uppercutted him and they didn't call anything and that charge on him was bull**** but what else is new?

its official the officials hate Melo and the Knicks

I can't blame it all on the refs. The Knicks had an opportunity to step on Dallas' throat early in the third quarter and allowed a squad of average players have career games against them. Either the Knicks thought that they could win this game based on talent alone or Mike Woodson showed them a video of an old game in which D'antoni was coaching them. This team has a lot of work to do before they can declare themselves contenders.

what is the point of having a bench when we dont use it...and on top of that it was a 2nd of a back to back game...woodson dont know how to coach with a big lineup...wait till amare comes back to **** his game plan up even more

So for someone who didn't watch the game, were the refs legitimately bad or are our sometimes Knicks homer goggles on?

no prigioni, no camby, what gives?

too much melo iso, junior swish iso. bad.

Knicks D and Felton/Chandler combo almost brought Knicks back for exciting win.

why end game with melo iso when it just wasn't happening tonite?

would rather have seen Felton be the floor general for last shot, than have 4 knicks stand around
    watching what Melo does. felt like last year. sux.

almost doesn't count, except in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I didnt like our defense today at all. As for our offense, we need stat, we can't be depending on wallace for the long run.

Superstar

Defence lost the game tonight. Kidd was the only one who hustled on D and Chandler did show signs of improvement but other than that the rest of them were sub par. Having said that, we've had many road trips of late and it's only natural that we wont be able to compete at a top level in every game. We should destroy the Rockets on Friday and get back on track. One issue I took with Woodson was that even though our defence was under-performing, he refused to utilise a couple of key bench players throughout the game. Kidd continues to be immense. I'm not worried at the moment. I believe we've got this.

Just to add that the Refs were disgraceful at the very end, (Anthony's "offensive" foul and the play where Kaman whacks him in the face particularly) but I still feel our defence (or lack of) lost the game. Also we hit 14 TO's in this game. We can blame refs when we're hitting top effort levels, but not with lacklustre defensive displays such as this one.

IMO it was our sluggish 3rd Q that allowed DAL to pull off and finally grab a W. How many turnovers did we commit in the 3rd period? I don't blame this L on the refs, we could pull an easy W out of this game if we played more focused, except of OJM DAL didn't show anything we couldn't handle.

Carmelo has been really good this season, but I get super frustrated with that pull up hand-in-his-face jumper that he sometimes will settle for. Would've much preferred for him to try and get to the basket on the last shot there.

Veteran

Woodson needs to step up in these situations.
    Perigoni has been playing so little. He will now play scared.
    Woodson gives JR free reign. When the JR is having a ****ty night we have a deep bench he should sit. Woodson did this in the heat playoff series and the excuse was we had no bench. Now we have a deep bench so why o why