The Rockets chased a big fish this offseason and failed in their attempt to grab Dwight Howard in a trade as the Lakers eventually snagged the All-Star.

General manager Daryl Morey decided to ship out productive veterans in order to acquire massive draft picks to shakeup a roster that compiled a 34-32 record last season. Kyle Lowry, Courtney Lee, Goran Dragic, and Luis Scola were dealt while the team picked up Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, and Terrance Jones.

To counter the loss of Lowry and Dragic, the Rockets inked former Knick Jeremy Lin to a substantial free agent deal.

They also signed center Omer Asik from the Chicago Bulls to bolster the frontline. Houston’s moves were intriguing but not shocking until it completed a jaw-dropping trade for James Harden prior to the season opener. The Thunder quickly pulled the trigger on the Harden deal when they could not agree to a contract extension with the reigning Sixth Man of the Year. So, the Rockets got the star they coveted and Oklahoma City picked up Kevin Martin, Lamb, two first round picks, and a second round pick in return. Houston is 5-7 after suffering three straight losses prior to Wednesday’s victory over the Bulls. Second-year head coach Kevin McHale is on an indefinite leave of absence due to a family matter.

One NBA scout gives a lot of credit to Jason Kidd for the early season success of the New York Knicks.

"I've never seen a player whose game has diminished so much, physically, still command that kind of respect," said the NBA scout. "Kidd paired with Tyson Chandler also provides the leadership tandem behind the Mavs' championship run. Knicks, in turn, taking page out of Dallas book by pairing Kidd with another PG (Raymond Felton) to provide the dribble penetration he no longer can."

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
Thanks to Woody the committment is finally there on defense. These guys know defense is their strength and thus it has become an identity.

Woody has launched the "you defend or take a seat" campaign and it has payed off well so far.
Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
Shump will likely not start this year if Brewer and Smith are healthy and you can take that to the bank. He will be out of rhythm and will likely be used as more defense off the bench.

STAT will be starting, Woodson has stated as much.
Originally Posted by Starks
I'm not sure if its a lock that Amare is going to be starting. I always took Woodson's "egos at the door" talk as being directed to Amare. Then again, he's loyal to his vets so I really have no idea what to expect out of Woody. It also depends on how healthy Amare is when he gets back. I havent heard anything about his rehab and find it strange he isn't even on the bench during games. That can't be good for moral

SArK$

It's the pleasure and luck of us all to have him return, and, nonetheless, still be in fine thinking form.

Welcome back, Starks The Blogladite!