large_RocketsGameday_630.jpg

548366_4354163607506_415309717_n.jpg

jrsmith.png
The Rockets chased a big fish this offseason and failed in their attempt to grab Dwight Howard in a trade as the Lakers eventually snagged the All-Star.

jrsmith.png
General manager Daryl Morey decided to ship out productive veterans in order to acquire massive draft picks to shakeup a roster that compiled a 34-32 record last season. Kyle Lowry, Courtney Lee, Goran Dragic, and Luis Scola were dealt while the team picked up Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, and Terrance Jones.

jrsmith.png
To counter the loss of Lowry and Dragic, the Rockets inked former Knick Jeremy Lin to a substantial free agent deal.

jrsmith.png
They also signed center Omer Asik from the Chicago Bulls to bolster the frontline. Houston?s moves were intriguing but not shocking until it completed a jaw-dropping trade for James Harden prior to the season opener. The Thunder quickly pulled the trigger on the Harden deal when they could not agree to a contract extension with the reigning Sixth Man of the Year. So, the Rockets got the star they coveted and Oklahoma City picked up Kevin Martin, Lamb, two first round picks, and a second round pick in return. Houston is 5-7 after suffering three straight losses prior to Wednesday?s victory over the Bulls. Second-year head coach Kevin McHale is on an indefinite leave of absence due to a family matter.

525767_4445937301791_1466614612_n.jpg

kidd.png

nyk_40.gif
One NBA scout gives a lot of credit to Jason Kidd for the early season success of the New York Knicks.

nyk_40.gif
"I've never seen a player whose game has diminished so much, physically, still command that kind of respect," said the NBA scout. "Kidd paired with Tyson Chandler also provides the leadership tandem behind the Mavs' championship run. Knicks, in turn, taking page out of Dallas book by pairing Kidd with another PG (Raymond Felton) to provide the dribble penetration he no longer can."

JJ4wM.gif

Thanks to Woody the committment is finally there on defense. These guys know defense is their strength and thus it has become an identity.

Woody has launched the "you defend or take a seat" campaign and it has payed off well so far.

Shump will likely not start this year if Brewer and Smith are healthy and you can take that to the bank. :2cents::2cents: He will be out of rhythm and will likely be used as more defense off the bench.

STAT will be starting, Woodson has stated as much.

I'm not sure if its a lock that Amare is going to be starting. I always took Woodson's "egos at the door" talk as being directed to Amare. Then again, he's loyal to his vets so I really have no idea what to expect out of Woody. It also depends on how healthy Amare is when he gets back. I havent heard anything about his rehab and find it strange he isn't even on the bench during games. That can't be good for moral

29433_4452078095307_1712218544_n.jpg

nyk_40.gif
S?ArK$
nyk_40.gif

ubie2.gif

It's the pleasure and luck of us all to have him return, and, nonetheless, still be in fine thinking form.

Welcome back, Starks The Blogladite!

TakMan

Rotation player
The Knicks shouldn't make the mistake of focussing too much on Lin in this game. If Harden chokes, the game is won. Even if Lin has an outstanding game by his standards, it will probably mean he shot just over 33% and committed just the 3 TO's.

Harden and Parsons need to be extinguished in this game. That's all. Should be an easy win.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Thanks for the shout out in the thread, repped :thumbsup:

Consistency is what will determine whether this team wins 47-50 games or pushes the 60 win barrier. With the exception of the first few games our first half defense has been mainly dismal and lacklustre.

We really need to come out firing and stop playing down to our opponents. I hope Camby plays every moment that Chandler is not on the floor. Asik is not an offensive threat but will be a beast on the boards and get them plenty of second chance opportunities if not covered.

Happy that despite our terrible first half defense and Novak not shooting well we generally continue to win. It's simple fellas, play well and we win by 15+, if not much more struggle and stress for the KO members.

Media still doubting whether we can bounce back, we need to keep the flame going and go hard. Hoping for deeper rotations and more minutes for all.
#KnicksTape

Red

TYPE-A
Nice thread 8's and Clyde.

I would like to see us reduce the 3's and exploit the inside and post early and often.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope we Knicks fans has not forgot it was "Jeremy Lin" who saved our 2011-12 season when our record was 8-15. Lin-Sanity took us on a 7 game winning streak, plus gave us a 10-3 winning spurt to put us in the run for the postseason.

The Houston Rockets are a rookie team at GM, coach-staff, and players .. fans expectation of the Houston Rockets season should be LOTTERY.

Competition wise vs the Knicks .. the sameway we were not suppose to lose to the Lottery Mavs, we are not suppose to lose to the Lottery Rockets.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Good GT as usual. I know this is a matchup Felton has had in the back of his mind since day 1. Make no mistake, he WILL go at Lin with everything and rack up assists in the process.

Harden will likely hurt us, but not enough for a win. Lin has been shooting poorly all season plus Woodson knows his tendencies, so he shouldn't be a factor. Linsanity officially dies tonight! Rebounding will be a huge factor. Can't allow these guys to hang around from 2nd chance points. With that being said, Woodson please give Camby more minutes! Use your 3 headed monster and lock the paint down!

nyk_nyk

All Star
I hope we Knicks fans has not forgot it was "Jeremy Lin" who saved our 2011-12 season when our record was 8-15. Lin-Sanity took us on a 7 game winning streak, plus gave us a 10-3 winning spurt to put us in the run for the postseason.

What's the point of remembering that??? He's gone man! What are you really holding on to? I'll stick with remembering players who were here longer than a short stint and contributed to the core of who the Knicks are.

Truth be told, I'll remember Chris Childs and Derek Harper over Lin any day.

elcol

Rotation player
Great GT

About the game, this one we should win easily, the rockets have always been my second favorite team(big tmac fan) and I have watched a few of their games.

Jeremy Lin seems to be unmotivated like he doesn't want to playing their really, very sloppy on defense, even worse than last year. TO's are still high and his shooting is slumping. He doesn't seem to be fully recovered yet, explosiveness was a big part of his game. If Harden does not have a 30+ scoring night, which he has had, the Rockets have a tough time staying in the game.

LeFlume

All Star
Lin is playing like the d-leaguer he is. His game is not worth mentioning. EFF HIM :barf:

Points in the paint and points of turnovers. If we can win those categories,,The game will come easy...Knicks by 14 :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
What's the point of remembering that??? He's gone man! What are you really holding on to? I'll stick with remembering players who were here longer than a short stint and contributed to the core of who the Knicks are.

Truth be told, I'll remember Chris Childs and Derek Harper over Lin any day.

Truth be told .. Without Lin our BIG-3 wouldnt have made the playoffs lastseason, do the math. 8-15 record with the next 7 games without Melo & Amare, wouldve lead to a 10-20 record without Lin-Sanity.
I dont like the way management ****ted all over Lin in the offseason.

Knicks management has Fuuccked-over so many Knicks players during the history of the Knicks starting with Walt Clyde Frazier, Bernard King, Anthony Mason, Starks, Oakley, Derek Harper, Chris Childs, and Lin.
I'm suprise as hell at Camby returning to the Knicks, so Woody saying Camby was healthy for all the DNP games makes sense.
or did u forget Patrick Ewing DEMANDED to be traded off the Knicks...

P.S. Rockets dont have any ledgit bigmen to compare with our frontcourt bigmen. The Rockets do have an unstoppable Harden which none of our guards or fowards could stop.

Rob Low

Rotation player
The fact that Douglas is taking Lin's minutes after Lin did that to him here is hilarious to me. I've always liked Douglas as a person and wish him the best.

TakMan

Rotation player
Truth be told .. Without Lin our BIG-3 wouldnt have made the playoffs lastseason, do the math. 8-15 record with the next 7 games without Melo & Amare, wouldve lead to a 10-20 record without Lin-Sanity.
I dont like the way management ****ted all over Lin in the offseason.

Knicks management has Fuuccked-over so many Knicks players during the history of the Knicks starting with Walt Clyde Frazier, Bernard King, Anthony Mason, Starks, Oakley, Derek Harper, Chris Childs, and Lin.
I'm suprise as hell at Camby returning to the Knicks, so Woody saying Camby was healthy for all the DNP games makes sense.
or did u forget Patrick Ewing DEMANDED to be traded off the Knicks...

P.S. Rockets dont have any ledgit bigmen to compare with our frontcourt bigmen. The Rockets do have an unstoppable Harden which none of our guards or fowards could stop.

I really don't think you should be putting Lin in the same sentence as all the previous players you mentioned. Besides, the only ones getting f*cked over are the Rockets. Lin was worth nowhere near the money he's receiving, and he's proving that game in, game out.