Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Houston - Fri, Nov 23 @ 8:00pm - Jeremy f'ing Schmeremy

1 game turns into losers

1 play makes Melo selfish

we lose, iso-ball is the reason

calm the **** down, you guys act like this is the BCS. We're fine and things will get better, we got a day off, a gimme vs Detroit at home and a showdown in our 2nd home stop worrying and stop blaming things that have no effect on the loss

We didn't lose because of iso-ball, we lost because there was no interior D, horrible rebounding, bad perimeter D just overall bad "team play"

Melo's hot, you feed him and play off of him, Chandler has been non-existent, Felton got it together in the 2nd half but we were just unmotivated tonight

Is Chandler hurt or something because to me he's looked like a non factor most games so far.

Wally Szcerbiak said he thinks teams may be adjusting to Melo at the 4 realizing the lack of shot blocking trying to space the floor as much as possible and attack, since Melo's not a shot blocker. Idk if he's right but it's an interesting point, I do think playing the 4 exclusively is gonna or is slowly taking it's toll on him constantly boxing out and trying to defend these bigger guys.

Even though it was the Knicks D that lost them the game for the most part their offense was real suspect as well. No ball movement, player movement, bad spacing, too many 3's, and not enough help for Melo. This is one of those games on the offensive end where they could have really used another go to guy like Amare.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Is Chandler hurt or something because to me he's looked like a non factor most games so far.

Wally Szcerbiak said he thinks teams may be adjusting to Melo at the 4 realizing the lack of shot blocking trying to space the floor as much as possible and attack, since Melo's not a shot blocker. Idk if he's right but it's an interesting point, I do think playing the 4 exclusively is gonna or is slowly taking it's toll on him constantly boxing out and trying to defend these bigger guys.

Even though it was the Knicks D that lost them the game for the most part their offense was real suspect as well. No ball movement, player movement, bad spacing, too many 3's, and not enough help for Melo. This is one of those games on the offensive end where they could have really used another go to guy like Amare.
    Wally's right, they put whoever Melo's guarding at the short corner, spread out Kidd and Brewer and pull Chandler out the paint and run a pick n roll now Carmelo is stuck protecting the basket

I think we should either play Chandler/Camby/Sheed together and go to a match up zone

Looks like Jeremy Lin had the last Laugh today. I was shocked to see that for a team that prides itself on Defense, to let the opposition score above 130 points was not good...

Lets hope we can turn it around the next 2 games and get back on a roll again

Superstar

Originally Posted by wian
    Looks like Jeremy Lin had the last Laugh today. I was shocked to see that for a team that prides itself on Defense, to let the opposition score above 130 points was not good...

Lin had nothing to do with Houston's win. He was his usual average self. Woodson lost us this game. I don't even remember seeing this few adjustments during D'Antoni's days.

Originally Posted by wian

what do you mean we and you have a Lin avatar and gonna say he got the last laugh, he didn't do **** this game he was average definitely worth 25mil though

**** outta here with this bull**** this game was lost by us not won by the Rockets and damn sure not won by Lin

amare is laughing somewhere...but seriously i know dorung our 8-1 spurt, some of you guys on here were on me about felton and jr being 2nd options, where i was saying they arent legit 2nd options... nights like this is what im saying, we need amare back cus he is the only other guy outside of melo who can give us points at a constant rate. JR and felton fades fast when not in the flow where as guys like melo amare can get you points when **** aint going right...

cant wait for mare to come back, and move melo back to the 3...we are seriously burning melo hard and melo's foul trouble has been key to us losing

with amare back, we can keep melo from burning out from banging with the big guys (woodson aint gonna play camby ever i think) and his fould trouble will be kept at a minimum when played at teh 3 and he can shift to the 4 at certain stretches of the game. i like it when we go big and then small to catch the opponent off guard, but just going small aint gonna cut it

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Our problem wasn't scoring.

It was turnovers, defending the interior, and rebounding.

Ok... I'm really getting tired of Camby sitting out games. He's a ****ing former DPOY and just came off a season where he averaged 9.3 rpg and 1.5 bpg. You don't leave a guy like that on the bench all game. You would think that a defensive coach would adjust after seeing his interior defense being torn apart. I really don't understand why Camby is riding the bench while Wallace is getting all the minutes and Novak is still in games while being non existent on offense. And btw there has to be something wrong with Chandler, his interior defense is no where near as good as it was last year or in Dallas. Is he playing injured?

Just read the Hang Time blog on NBA.com and the guy who wrote it must REALLY hate the Knicks. Yes we have lost the last two games, and lost them shockingly, but saying the 6-0 start is fading and the Knicks will never be a contender is BS. Yes the last two games were bad, but the 8 wins this season (including thumping the Heat) didn't happen by accident. I'm sure now with a bit of rest and a few home games coming up we will get back to winning ways. Just wanted to post about that blog as I thought it was a crock of ****e!

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    what do you mean we and you have a Lin avatar and gonna say he got the last laugh, he didn't do **** this game he was average definitely worth 25mil though

**** outta here with this bull**** this game was lost by us not won by the Rockets and damn sure not won by Lin

u and Takman are in DENIAL .... Everyone seen the writing on the wall, even Jason Kidd went into relax-mode in this game when he seen it was personal in the first quarter .. Lin & Douglas team-leadership vs Melo & Felton team-leadership.

We had NO-Ball movement at all for 48 minutes .... Why?

I watched a Knicks vs Rocket game which had 35 minutes of NO-Defense at all from Melo & JR, and 30 minutes of NO-Defense from Felton, plus Melo taking half of his 24 shots from the 3-ball line and the other 12 shots were practically jumpers with Melo having long conferences with the referee about a no-foul call while the ball in motion down court. Melo gave up 7 turnovers to two hated defenders (ex-Knicks) Douglas & Lin who attacked Melo everytime he put the ball on the floor, plus having a young Patterson boxing-out PF-Melo from entering the paint (4 rebounds), while Harden & Parson both receive several screens by teammates to score 31 points (a piece) on defenders Melo, Novak, and JR .. Yeah right! Lin & Douglas personal grudge of run-run energy getting payback against Melo had nothing to do with the Knicks playing pathetic basketball.

Tyson Chandler 28 minutes of embarrassement being double-punk by Asik & Patterson in the paint shouldve seen the writing on the wall and join-hands with Rasheed, Camby, and Stat on the side line .. Tyson Chandler frontcourt bigmen leadership got out-rebounded by Houston Rockets 49 to 30 ....

The Knicks played pathetic basketball in a 131-103 LOSS to the Houston Rockets .. I guess the bright side of it all is Carmelo Anthony scored 37 points .. while Knicks commentators reminded Knicks fans that Felton had a better stat record than Lin in this game .... LOL who got the big W for a team-performance scoring 131 points???? where was the Knicks DEFENSE? u have to be in denial if u didnt see Lin, Douglas, Harden, Parson, Paterson, and Asik's DEFENSE...

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u and Takman are in DENIAL .... Everyone seen the writing on the wall, even Jason Kidd went into relax-mode in this game when he seen it was personal in the first quarter .. Lin & Douglas team-leadership vs Melo & Felton team-leadership.

We had NO-Ball movement at all for 48 minutes .... Why?

I watched a Knicks vs Rocket game which had 35 minutes of NO-Defense at all from Melo & JR, and 30 minutes of NO-Defense from Felton, plus Melo taking half of his 24 shots from the 3-ball line and the other 12 shots were practically jumpers with Melo having long conferences with the referee about a no-foul call while the ball in motion down court. Melo gave up 7 turnovers to two hated defenders (ex-Knicks) Douglas & Lin who attacked Melo everytime he put the ball on the floor, plus having a young Patterson boxing-out PF-Melo from entering the paint (4 rebounds), while Harden & Parson both receive several screens by teammates to score 31 points (a piece) on defenders Melo, Novak, and JR .. Yeah right! Lin & Douglas personal grudge of run-run energy getting payback against Melo had nothing to do with the Knicks playing pathetic basketball.

Tyson Chandler 28 minutes of embarrassement being double-punk by Asik & Patterson in the paint shouldve seen the writing on the wall and join-hands with Rasheed, Camby, and Stat on the side line .. Tyson Chandler frontcourt bigmen leadership got out-rebounded by Houston Rockets 49 to 30 ....

The Knicks played pathetic basketball in a 131-103 LOSS to the Houston Rockets .. I guess the bright side of it all is Carmelo Anthony scored 37 points .. while Knicks commentators reminded Knicks fans that Felton had a better stat record than Lin in this game .... LOL who got the big W for a team-performance scoring 131 points???? where was the Knicks DEFENSE? u have to be in denial if u didnt see Lin, Douglas, Harden, Parson, Paterson, and Asik's DEFENSE...
    He's baaaaaaack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^haha. kiyaman with a classic.
    unfortunately,

Veteran

Originally Posted by ChrisN7
    Just read the Hang Time blog on NBA.com and the guy who wrote it must REALLY hate the Knicks. Yes we have lost the last two games, and lost them shockingly, but saying the 6-0 start is fading and the Knicks will never be a contender is BS. Yes the last two games were bad, but the 8 wins this season (including thumping the Heat) didn't happen by accident. I'm sure now with a bit of rest and a few home games coming up we will get back to winning ways. Just wanted to post about that blog as I thought it was a crock of ****e!

The Blog is hard to swallow after a 8-1 start .. but the big decrease in ball movement, the lack of help defense on the wing and in the paint, with an increase of players arguing with the refferee while the ball is still in play the last two game losses vs lottery-teams (Mavs & Rockets) makes it extra hard to swallow .. especially when the Knicks are considered a top defensive-team, but give up 101 points in 3 quarters in one of the two losses.

Skepticism will grow if the Knicks dont beat (lottery) Detroit Pistons by 20 points, plus holding Detroit under 90 points.

Well, there are several factors that made this game disgusting and painful to watch:

- Rebounding: again, there no excuse for not playing Camby when we're getting crushed on the boards. We were outrebounded 49:30, Chandler got only 7 boards, Carmelo, who's a solid rebounder, only 4. With Rasheed out Woody earned the Dumbest Coach of the Week award for not giving Camby considerable PT. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want Amare back, I really do, there is no way we're going to get worse on boards with the frontcourt of Carmelo, Amare and Tyson;

- Offense: or actually lack thereof. I don't care how much iso-ball we play as long as Carmelo makes his shots. But, lack of ball movement has been killing us lately, I'm tired of our offense being so much predictable, it's give it to Melo or let Ray shoot the ball all the way down. Besides, it's been too much of live or die by the three as of late. Again, we need Amare back, we need his inside J and we need his ability to power dunk the ball right in someone's face. And last but not least, bench Novak, he's not doing ****. I love the guy, but if he's not making his shots he's pretty much useless;

- Defense: I've been constantly asking myself: WHAT THE **** ARE THEY DOING OUT THERE!? Chandler is a non factor, Melo keeps whining about the calls instead of getting his ass back to defense, Kidd isn't able any 2 guard in this league. It's about the damn time to move Carmelo back to his natural position and play a balanced lineup of Ray, Brewer, Melo, Kurt and Tyson.