Knicks @ Houston - Fri, Nov 23 @ 8:00pm - Jeremy f'ing Schmeremy

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
How dare you guys talk about Melo's game against the rockets?!!

Melo was the only reason keeping us close at first, the rest of the team was plain bad.

Felton was better than Lin? NO! Felton was stupid to say iam better than lin before the game, he put some unnecessary pressure on him that lead to a bad performance by him especially at the beginning of the game when houston got their pace going.

Felton has to be the general of the floor, he played bad and so the the team as a whole did.

Yes, in general, felton is MUCH better than lin, but man, did he **** up big time that game..

I hate this attitude of "iam better than u", man.. prove this on court, let your play do the talking.. leave this **** to beginners, you are a ****ing professional!

If felton plays with cool and confidence, we should be good. No reason to feel obligated to fill the stat sheet just to prove a stupid fact that you are better than lin, this was immature by him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sorry mate but I believe you are absolutely wrong here. Placing any sort of emphasis on this game as if it was THE game where everything fell apart, and attributing it to Lin/Douglas is (in my opinion) a simplistic approach. If you watched the Dallas game, you would have noticed the exact same pathogens that we displayed last night. Chandler played the way he's been playing all season, and our defence was just as bad as the Dallas game, thus we made stars out of Harden and Parsons in the same way we made Mayo and Carter look better than they are. The signs of iso ball and lack of ball movement were first to be seen at the Dallas game. Yesterday's loss had nothing to do with Houston and -in particular- Lin (who also had high TO levels and even another airball from three if I recall) and had everything to do with our approach, coupled with Woodson's inability/refusal to adjust when it became obvious that defensive cohesion was not occurring. Ronnie Brewer is our best perimeter defender yet he only gets 15 minutes of game time. An amputated Camby could defend better than Chandler has been defending all season yet he gets zero minutes yet again. Woodson is starting to show signs of obsession with particular players and this is not good; but make no mistake about it. Houston didn't win this game, we lost it.

Here's a word of wisdom .. u should never try to justify or defend incompetence,
bcause it makes u seem incompetent.
The Houston Rockets not only won the game by a 32 point lead, but they made the
Knicks performance look pathetic like the Knicks as a team really "lost it" 7:30 style. LOL

Melo & JR.Smith played 35 minutes vs the Rockets .. within those 35 minutes Melo & JR.Smith could not defend or provide any "STOPS" to any of the players in the Rockets lineup of Douglas, Lin, Harden, Parson, Patterson, or Asik .. the proof was in the 131 point puddin.

Tyson Chandler BIG-MOUTH in the offseason got him looking like a bum this season .. Every NBA player knew it was the Lin-Sanity era which got Tyson Chandler the Defensive-Player trophie performing as a double-double shotblocking bigman center.
Tyson Chandler shouldve been the last person to jump on Melo & JR bandwagon of humiliating Jeremy Lin in the offseason. Paybacks a Bi'atch!

The Houston Rockets played their best game this season vs the Knicks having Lin & Douglas scouting report on ISO-Melo, plus how to take Tyson Chandler out of the game to look like a BUST with a weak PF-Melo not switching and defending the paint.
Rasheed Wallace had enough of ISO-Melo no-d bullshaat in the Mavs game .. Melo & JR.Smith no effort on defense let Mayo & Carter look like All-Stars.
Camby already put up with Melo & JR.Smith no-d bullshaat in Denver, plus Camby know it was Melo who had him traded to the bottomless Clippers .. a Clipper team no NBA player wanted to be traded to for over 25 years.
Recall .. the Clippers had a roster of Camby/Kaman/Zach/Bledsoe/and Davis who won the number one lottery pick Blake Griffin...

pat

Starter
I said the effort wasn't there but no one was playing D, no one regardless of that Melo and JR are our best 2 scorers,

Stop making excuses. This is Melo's team. He should lead by example. You cannot just say "Well, nobody defended so why should Melo." You could also make the point that nobody defended because Melo didn't.
To be honest, I was positively surprised by the way he started the season and I want him and the team to carry on the way they started but this is not going to happen if our first and second option do not execute the game plan on defense and there are no consequences. This is like a teacher telling you to STFU or ... and then he is unwilling to make you face the consequences of going through hell in his classes. It's all well as long as you are winning, but now it is Woodson's turn to show what he is made of.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
How dare you guys talk about Melo's game against the rockets?!!

Melo was the only reason keeping us close at first, the rest of the team was plain bad.

Felton was better than Lin? NO! Felton was stupid to say iam better than lin before the game, he put some unnecessary pressure on him that lead to a bad performance by him especially at the beginning of the game when houston got their pace going.

Felton has to be the general of the floor, he played bad and so the the team as a whole did.

Yes, in general, felton is MUCH better than lin, but man, did he **** up big time that game..

I hate this attitude of "iam better than u", man.. prove this on court, let your play do the talking.. leave this **** to beginners, you are a ****ing professional!

If felton plays with cool and confidence, we should be good. No reason to feel obligated to fill the stat sheet just to prove a stupid fact that you are better than lin, this was immature by him.

I must agree on Felton .. Lin's first season to get minutes in the NBA were 10 times better than Felton's 5 season perfomance as a Bobcats.
But the Knicks two game loss are all on Carmelo Anthony ISO-offense, no effort on defense, and Melo wanting JR.Smith to be the 2nd option on offense, plus receive the next highest minutes played on the team.
Coach Woodson has no controll over Melo's wants on this team...

Kiyaman

Legend
Don't act as if this was mental. Kiya, I fully agree with you. The reason why everything went so smoothly in the first games was that everybody seemed to make an effort on D. Everybody got involved, JR Smith passed the ball to the open man and Melo dived for loose balls. If the intensity goes out of the window, so does the success. If Melo is going to fall back into his old patterns of trying to win it by himself (and the same goes for JR), we cannot compete on the highest level. Woodson is sending the wrong signs by sticking to "his guns" in this situation.
Obviously we are capable of competing with the elite teams, however, only if we get certain things right and at the moment we do not.

Melo has owner Dolan's private line number to call if things dont go his way .. Woodson only have Grunwalds office number.
The same with Kobe n Buss

Kiyaman

Legend
Stop making excuses. This is Melo's team. He should lead by example. You cannot just say "Well, nobody defended so why should Melo." You could also make the point that nobody defended because Melo didn't.
To be honest, I was positively surprised by the way he started the season and I want him and the team to carry on the way they started but this is not going to happen if our first and second option do not execute the game plan on defense and there are no consequences. This is like a teacher telling you to STFU or ... and then he is unwilling to make you face the consequences of going through hell in his classes. It's all well as long as you are winning, but now it is Woodson's turn to show what he is made of.

CA7 ....is that junkie who brags about him and friends been smoking-crack for over 20 years, and they are not hooked or addicted yet. LOL
Denial is the same as a brick-wall. Good Luck

I give the 8-1 record to old-head Jason Kidd tutorship, and floor leadership.

Reactions: pat

CA7

Scoring Champ

what excuses am I making I said no one defended and everyone should be held accountable it was inexcusable and should never happen again

regardless of that however, iso-ball had nothing to do with that, I'm just making the point that guys need to understand why we lost and not just yell iso-ball cost us the game

CA7 ....is that junkie who brags about him and friends been smoking-crack for over 20 years, and they are not hooked or addicted yet. LOL
Denial is the same as a brick-wall. Good Luck

I give the 8-1 record to old-head Jason Kidd tutorship, and floor leadership.

hop off my dick, you've been waiting for a big loss to start talking **** stay in your cave you loser no one wants you here

pat

Starter
what excuses am I making I said no one defended and everyone should be held accountable it was inexcusable and should never happen again
This, however, did not happen. Like it or not, the bucket stops with Melo. He wanted to be in NY, he did not like MDA's system and he showed us that he can be an inspiring leader if he is putting in the effort on D. If he is not doing it, critics will have the first few games of the season as a sample to compare it to. It's that simple. And still you have not answered my question: How would you feel not touching the ball for multiple possessions in a row. Would that make you put in more effort?

hop off my dick, you've been waiting for a big loss to start talking **** stay in your cave you loser no one wants you here

Arguing with Kiya can be tiresome as conspiracy theories are difficult to argue, but I respect him as a knowledgeable basketball fan who is always supportive of young talent. You have no right whatsoever to tell anybody whether he is wanted here or not.

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I dont get it, a bucket is a bucket, anytime Carmelo iso's people complain, he scored 37 efficient points and only about 10 off of iso

We didn't lose cause of iso ball, hell he only started scoring when no once else could

Melo himself didnt lose the knicks the game but its this reverting back to iso ball that is I dont understand why Woodson is going away from pick and roll, off ball screens, ball movement and player movement.

Starting the game off just iso Melo seems to throw off the whole offense, I don't get what Woodsons doing with that when teamball had these guys playing the best offense in the league.

Also Chandler has been terrible no rebounding, no D, no shot blocking he looks so soft out there idk if he's injured but somebody needs to call him out.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This, however, did not happen. Like it or not, the bucket stops with Melo. He wanted to be in NY, he did not like MDA's system and he showed us that he can be an inspiring leader if he is putting in the effort on D. If he is not doing it, critics will have the first few games of the season as a sample to compare it to. It's that simple. And still you have not answered my question: How would you feel not touching the ball for multiple possessions in a row. Would that make you put in more effort?

Arguing with Kiya can be tiresome as conspiracy theories are difficult to argue, but I respect him as a knowledgeable basketball fan who is always supportive of young talent. You have no right whatsoever to tell anybody whether he is wanted here or not.

**** Kiya anyway to answer your question

I wouldn't mind not touching the ball since as a ball player I do a ton of things, I love to rebound and defend, set screens and play off of guys by nature thats what role players do

when Kobe's hot, the Lakers feed him and guys get their off of him why cant it be the same with Carmelo and guys act as if they do it everytime down the floor, his iso's are usually a result of the original play not working and him having 8 seconds to get a shot but you have to analyze the game to understand how it came about.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo himself didnt lose the knicks the game but its this reverting back to iso ball that is I dont understand why Woodson is going away from pick and roll, off ball screens, ball movement and player movement.

Starting the game off just iso Melo seems to throw off the whole offense, I don't get what Woodsons doing with that when teamball had these guys playing the best offense in the league.

Also Chandler has been terrible no rebounding, no D, no shot blocking he looks so soft out there idk if he's injured but somebody needs to call him out.

what game have we started off isoing Melo