Knicks @ Houston - Fri, Nov 23 @ 8:00pm - Jeremy f'ing Schmeremy

erivera

Benchwarmer
i def. think chandler is hurt because there are too many plays where it looks like he's not giving effort, and i know chandler isn't a lazy player. they also have to start going big. chandler can't hang in there with guys who give relentless effort on the boards. he needs another big body in there to help him, and woodson needs to help melo avoid loose ball fouls trying to box out 7 footers.

Kiyaman

Legend
I refuse to believe Camby is more fatigued than 40 year old Thomas, or either Rasheed Wallace (who hasn't played in two years). Camby has repeatedly stated he's ready to help. Woodson's refusal to play him indicates other factors. His official excuse was that Camby hasn't got the jist of our defensive rotations yet. I think that's complete bs. He can't defend worse than Chandler has been. So why is Woodson doing this?

I think Camby is having flash-backs from either the Knicks trading-him, or Denver Nuggets trading him.
No Stat, No Camby, and No Rasheed .. I cant wait for the next game.
FINAL
Rockets 131 to Knicks 103

TakMan

Rotation player
I think Camby is having flash-backs from either the Knicks trading-him, or Denver Nuggets trading him.
FINAL

Worst part is that it makes no sense. Woodson is an old school defensive minded coach. Camby offers just that; Hustle and defence, yet what we're seeing is players like Novak take his minutes. Talk about a mindf*ck.

knicksin60

Starter
FINAL

You have to blame celebrity coach Woodson.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
I think the schedule has got these guys mentally and phyisically fatigued . We are losing in the energy category. Rebounding, rotations on D and 3pt defense have been far from crisp the last 2 games.

I know the schedule is the schedule but we have played 11 games and only 4 at home overall. More specifically 1 home game in the last 7 with games every other night except for when games were back to backs, adding up to 8 games in 11 nights.

BTW that leaves Little to no practice time to get Camby up to a level Woody would like. I think that this is just a perfect storm of adverse conditions that aren't allowing us time to get into a good rhythm on D by working on our weak points. It'll be nice to get a lil home cooking soon!!!

We had been winning with smart D and Smart ball movement but again mentally the last few nights something is missing. Melo and Felton driving and the occasional Chandler Pick and roll are the only plays we have at the rim AT ALL. Other than that it's been reaaly damn good 3pt shooting. To that I say beware the fools gold.

Coulda used our athletes STAT and Shump out there for the extra hustle and muscle to help get us over the hump.

I look ahead to a nice home stand in DEC and beyond that having a full complement of players rounding into midseason form and conditioning. :peace: Despite having our A$$ handed to us I still for see us doin major dmage down the road as long as overall team health is maintained.

CoolClyde

wtf did i just watch? Chandler Parsons, the new superhuman?
James Harden, unstoppable in the paint?
Omer Assick - playing better than Chandler?
Jeremy Lin... looks the same... I still like Felton better.
Tony Douglass playing well? dammit!

Melo iso, getting mad at not getting calls, not playing D... AGAIN?
Novak looking lost half the game? why is he in there so long?
Junior Swish, poor shot selection, not driving or passing
Camby sitting the whole game? WHY?

idk, this was an incredibly frustrating game to watch.
104 points for Houston by the end of 3Q? yowza.

these last two games have been horrendous defensively.
Knicks need to go back to the drawing board to learn how to defend the
perimeter and the paint.
how to pass the ball around the horn.

STOP WITH THE ISO!! turnover city!!

sux.

CA7

Scoring Champ
1 game turns into losers

1 play makes Melo selfish

we lose, iso-ball is the reason

calm the **** down, you guys act like this is the BCS. We're fine and things will get better, we got a day off, a gimme vs Detroit at home and a showdown in our 2nd home stop worrying and stop blaming things that have no effect on the loss

We didn't lose because of iso-ball, we lost because there was no interior D, horrible rebounding, bad perimeter D just overall bad "team play"

Melo's hot, you feed him and play off of him, Chandler has been non-existent, Felton got it together in the 2nd half but we were just unmotivated tonight

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Is Chandler hurt or something because to me he's looked like a non factor most games so far.

Wally Szcerbiak said he thinks teams may be adjusting to Melo at the 4 realizing the lack of shot blocking trying to space the floor as much as possible and attack, since Melo's not a shot blocker. Idk if he's right but it's an interesting point, I do think playing the 4 exclusively is gonna or is slowly taking it's toll on him constantly boxing out and trying to defend these bigger guys.

Even though it was the Knicks D that lost them the game for the most part their offense was real suspect as well. No ball movement, player movement, bad spacing, too many 3's, and not enough help for Melo. This is one of those games on the offensive end where they could have really used another go to guy like Amare.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Is Chandler hurt or something because to me he's looked like a non factor most games so far.

Wally Szcerbiak said he thinks teams may be adjusting to Melo at the 4 realizing the lack of shot blocking trying to space the floor as much as possible and attack, since Melo's not a shot blocker. Idk if he's right but it's an interesting point, I do think playing the 4 exclusively is gonna or is slowly taking it's toll on him constantly boxing out and trying to defend these bigger guys.

Even though it was the Knicks D that lost them the game for the most part their offense was real suspect as well. No ball movement, player movement, bad spacing, too many 3's, and not enough help for Melo. This is one of those games on the offensive end where they could have really used another go to guy like Amare.

Wally's right, they put whoever Melo's guarding at the short corner, spread out Kidd and Brewer and pull Chandler out the paint and run a pick n roll now Carmelo is stuck protecting the basket

I think we should either play Chandler/Camby/Sheed together and go to a match up zone

wian

Benchwarmer
Looks like Jeremy Lin had the last Laugh today. I was shocked to see that for a team that prides itself on Defense, to let the opposition score above 130 points was not good...

Lets hope we can turn it around the next 2 games and get back on a roll again

TakMan

Rotation player
Looks like Jeremy Lin had the last Laugh today. I was shocked to see that for a team that prides itself on Defense, to let the opposition score above 130 points was not good...

Lin had nothing to do with Houston's win. He was his usual average self. Woodson lost us this game. I don't even remember seeing this few adjustments during D'Antoni's days.

CA7

Scoring Champ

what do you mean we and you have a Lin avatar and gonna say he got the last laugh, he didn't do **** this game he was average definitely worth 25mil though

**** outta here with this bull**** this game was lost by us not won by the Rockets and damn sure not won by Lin

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
amare is laughing somewhere...but seriously i know dorung our 8-1 spurt, some of you guys on here were on me about felton and jr being 2nd options, where i was saying they arent legit 2nd options... nights like this is what im saying, we need amare back cus he is the only other guy outside of melo who can give us points at a constant rate. JR and felton fades fast when not in the flow where as guys like melo amare can get you points when **** aint going right...

cant wait for mare to come back, and move melo back to the 3...we are seriously burning melo hard and melo's foul trouble has been key to us losing

with amare back, we can keep melo from burning out from banging with the big guys (woodson aint gonna play camby ever i think) and his fould trouble will be kept at a minimum when played at teh 3 and he can shift to the 4 at certain stretches of the game. i like it when we go big and then small to catch the opponent off guard, but just going small aint gonna cut it

Ok... I'm really getting tired of Camby sitting out games. He's a ****ing former DPOY and just came off a season where he averaged 9.3 rpg and 1.5 bpg. You don't leave a guy like that on the bench all game. You would think that a defensive coach would adjust after seeing his interior defense being torn apart. I really don't understand why Camby is riding the bench while Wallace is getting all the minutes and Novak is still in games while being non existent on offense. And btw there has to be something wrong with Chandler, his interior defense is no where near as good as it was last year or in Dallas. Is he playing injured?

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Just read the Hang Time blog on NBA.com and the guy who wrote it must REALLY hate the Knicks. Yes we have lost the last two games, and lost them shockingly, but saying the 6-0 start is fading and the Knicks will never be a contender is BS. Yes the last two games were bad, but the 8 wins this season (including thumping the Heat) didn't happen by accident. I'm sure now with a bit of rest and a few home games coming up we will get back to winning ways. Just wanted to post about that blog as I thought it was a crock of ****e!

:gony: