Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F*ck Jeremy Lin and his god bothering bullish*t

ahhh just a few months ago we all had Lin avatars and signatures.. time flies quick

Game Thread

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    You think I'm in a glass house because I lifted that stone?

Google stone lifting sometime, you might learn something.
    It's a play on words, dummy.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Note to admin, it's not a good look when you have a mod that starts threads like this.
    Note to you, orangebowelmovement: this site's become as popular as it has because it's mired in controversy. I started this thread, in all honesty, to bring some back, and targeted religion. If people can share the opinion that an imperfect omnipotent god loves and punishes us all, then I can point out that it's as irritating as it is ambitious.

Wasn't it just recently that you said this site was a piece of internet gold, BTW? Odd how you manoeuvre opinions to play a game of back and forth. On top of that, you've not posted at all during your tantrum, and have missed a game thread. Will you be gracing us with your genius for the Detroit game? You're rostered on for it.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    It's a play on words, dummy.

Note to you, orangebowelmovement: this site's become as popular as it has because it's mired in controversy. I started this thread, in all honesty, to bring some back, and targeted religion. If people can share the opinion that an imperfect omnipotent god loves and punishes us all, then I can point out that it's as irritating as it is ambitious.

Wasn't it just recently that you said this site was a piece of internet gold, BTW? Odd how you manoeuvre opinions to play a game of back and forth. On top of that, you've not posted at all during your tantrum, and have missed a game thread. Will you be gracing us with your genius for the Detroit game? You're rostered on for it.
    I'll be there for the GT, sorry for missing the last one.

It's a Knicksonline tradition to post stuff like this around the holiday season.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by knicksin60; Nov 25, 2012 at 00:09.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    It's a Knicksonline tradition to post stuff like this around the holiday season.

How did you dig these up? Did you bookmark them? Genius.

I'm not religious but I do believe in some form of God, but I don't see what Lin said as pushing his beliefs on anyone if he believes this is Gods plan then in his mind and reality it is. Dont get me wrong hyper religious ppl can be very annoying but I don't see him trying to force you to believe what he wants.

You just sound intolerant and bitter getting upset about something so insignificant in my eyes. And whats the difference between Lin professing his belief in God and you talking about your disdain for God that could be seen as you shoving your apparent atheist ideals down ppls throat.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    How did you dig these up? Did you bookmark them? Genius.
    I remember reading them a while back. I looked for them through Google.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I'm not religious but I do believe in some form of God, but I don't see what Lin said as pushing his beliefs on anyone if he believes this is Gods plan then in his mind and reality it is. Dont get me wrong hyper religious ppl can be very annoying but I don't see him trying to force you to believe what he wants.

You just sound intolerant and bitter getting upset about something so insignificant in my eyes. And whats the difference between Lin professing his belief in God and you talking about your disdain for God that could be seen as you shoving your apparent atheist ideals down ppls throat.
    Well said...

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan

You've had a good try at sounding eloquent here, but have only managed to make assumptions and misread what I've said. I said quite plainly that people are entitled to believe what they want, but that throwing it out there all the time is bothersome for me.

A failed effort at showing poignant wit. Nowhere is it apparent I'm an atheist. You make assumptions and tap away thinking you're clever. You're not. It's just more fence-sitting rhetoric.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:03.

I generally don't care who people are giving thanks to, if the Reggie White's and Tim Tebow's of the world want to praise the lord for their accomplishments, that's ok by me. Even our very own Larry Johnson used to do the same thing.

Religion and faith can certainly have a very positive influence on a player. How we remember Hakeem Olajuwon is a far cry from how the man carried himself in his early years, all thanks to his spiritualism.

However if it were me up there, I'd thanks the countless hours in the gym, and all the coaches that helped me get there. I don't know about you guys but God hasn't ONCE spotted me at the gym!

I can't front on a guy for having faith. I honestly get the vibe from atheists more then from people of faith that i should "believe as they do".

Lin had some good fun with the religious aspect of his life and brought it to the game in a fun way with his pre-game ritual with Fields last year. I always thought that was pretty cool and it seems that despite the media frenzy Lin has stayed humble.

Anyway, Haters gonna Hate... 8's gonna ate.

What does that mean? I dunno, came from a HIGHer power.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I can't front on a guy for having faith. I honestly get the vibe from atheists more then from people of faith that i should "believe as they do".
    It's certainly picked up in that regard; atheists belittling christians. I don't necessarily consider myself an atheist, nor an agnostic, but whatever I am I don't go throwing it around and I don't favour either side for doing so. I favour subtlety on the matter, and Lin whacking it to god and jesus all the time is just irritating.

The quote "perfect plan" seems like blatant ignorance to me, however, because if the plan was perfect, things like SIDS, Rwanda in '94, Malala Yousufzai, Mugabe, James Dolan, and so on would have never existed. Do christians in the 3rd world refer to their state of affairs as part of a perfect plan?

Anyway, Lin should just STFU and stop popping a cork for god every time something he's done works out.

How do you know God didn't want those things. Everything I've seen shows that God can be just as vengeful, violent and destructive as he can be helpful, vigilant and loving. Or perhaps those are agents and doings of the devil? Evil is the darkness where good light shines through.

Regardless of your belief system, ragging on the guy about his faith is discrimination at worst. At best it's hypocritical to comment on it as an aspect of his life that (probably) has NOTHING to do with ball on a forum about a basketball team that doesn't even have him on the roster..

I.E. You're shoving your opinion about God down our throats and using Lin as a catalyst for the discussion.

Question Mark

Originally Posted by p0nder
    How do you know God didn't want those things?
    Really?

I should probably move this thread, BTW. Anyone who wants a piece of it, it'll be in the hangout forum.