Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakers-Knicks Discussing Pau/Amare Swap?

Hybrid View

Default Lakers-Knicks Discussing Pau/Amare Swap?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't know if this is legit, but its all over Twitter.

i hope it's true

Pau may be soft, but he definitely fits better than Amare + well be getting rid of Amare's horrible contract

Amare for Pau is a STEAL for us.

Pau = passing, Legit post up threat, higher IQ, Better knees, Rebounds.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    i hope it's true

Pau may be soft, but he definitely fits better than Amare + well be getting rid of Amare's horrible contract

hes got tendonitis in his knees though, but we would also fit pau's game better also and i can imagine those high low passes to tyson

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    i hope it's true

It's funny reading the sentiments both teams fanbases have about their star PF's Laker fans think of Pau the same way you guys view Amare they can't wait to get rid of the guy. On the Laker forum I post on there was actually a trade Pau for Amare thread and most of them wanted Amare though he's injured.

I'm just saying this to let you guys know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I love Pau but he looks done it's been 3 years under 3 different coaches where he's been bad. At least with Amare you guys don't know for sure if he's done or not yet. I do think if both players were to play well they'd be good fits for each team more so than their current one.

Superstar

Pau is the better player and fits our style perfectly. He also has the shorter contract. Throw in Novak as well if that's what it takes

Both players seem to need a new home it looks like. Throw in Novak I suppose and get the deal done.

you guys smoking? you dont throw in novak, that actually the best thing LA and MDA can get out of this trade, cus novak in MDA's offense is fire, hed be left wide open with dwight on the low blocks and kobe on the perimeter... useen artest so far.... what do u think novak would be, hiting wide open 3's

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    It's funny reading the sentiments both teams fanbases have about their star PF's Laker fans think of Pau the same way you guys view Amare they can't wait to get rid of the guy. On the Laker forum I post on there was actually a trade Pau for Amare thread and most of them wanted Amare though he's injured.

I'm just saying this to let you guys know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I love Pau but he looks done it's been 3 years under 3 different coaches where he's been bad. At least with Amare you guys don't know for sure if he's done or not yet. I do think if both players were to play well they'd be good fits for each team more so than their current one.
    Pau can never be "done" offensively, his awareness, passing, and pick and roll play makes him more valuable than Amare. The ball dies with Amare, Pau actually moves the ball and finds open guys...offensive generator. Excellent addition to the Knicks.

Even if Pau is declining, he's been the better rebounder and defender over Amare the last 3 years.

Knicks with Pau

Kidd
    Shumpert
    Anthony
    Gasol
    Chandler

Bench
    Felton
    Smith
    Brewer
    Wallace
    Camby

Novak
    Prigioni

at 100%, that's easily the best and most well rounded team in the NBA.

BTW, screw Novak. For what he does, he's actually overpaid. Knicks shred some salary and get a better player. Novak can have fun trying to find minutes to play in LA over WORLD PEACE who will be D'Antoni's boy, bet on it.

Lakers get Amare and would be so easy to strip and they won't have any ball security with two big clumsy guys in the post with Amare and Dwight.

I'm still iffy about this.... Amare for Pau sounds to reasonable the lakers really take pride in raping teams and the Knicks are known for grabbing their ankles quicker than anybody. Between the rumors about Raja Bell it sounds like they wan't a defensive playing 2 guard like shump.... our only legally tradable player who could/would be reasonable to add to sweeten a deal.....

If a trade happens later then maybe we don't get raped.... but right now I am telling you shump is likely part of what the lakers want for taking on the worse Amare Contract.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Wargames
    I'm still iffy about this.... Amare for Pau sounds to reasonable the lakers really take pride in raping teams and the Knicks are known for grabbing their ankles quicker than anybody. Between the rumors about Raja Bell it sounds like they wan't a defensive playing 2 guard like shump.... our only legally tradable player who could/would be reasonable to add to sweeten a deal.....

If a trade happens later then maybe we don't get raped.... but right now I am telling you shump is likely part of what the lakers want for taking on the worse Amare Contract.
    I wouldn't even trade Shump straight up for Gasol let alone Shump and Amare. That would be a raping of a lifetime

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Pau can never be "done" offensively, his awareness, passing, and pick and roll play makes him more valuable than Amare. The ball dies with Amare, Pau actually moves the ball and finds open guys...offensive generator. Excellent addition to the Knicks.

Ive watched every single Laker game so far this season including pre season Gasol is finished every check out how most Laker fans feel about Pau everyone wants him gone there's something wrong with him mentally. Even with all the positives you said about him he's hurt the Lakers way more than he's helping when he's on the floor **** me personally I want him out of LA ASAP.

Maybe he's not playing well right now in LA but who can blame him? He's been attempted to be shopped at every opportunity and even Mike D'Antoni subtly hinted that if players are not fitting with the system you aim to move them...

I think Pau would fit the Knicks way better than Amare. The times we've had Melo and Amare together they never really made it work. Amare in recent memory has mostly just looked awkward on the court. It also bothers me that there has been no sign of him I've often wondered why he isn't on the Knicks bench when Iman is there every game.

Pau is used to being second fiddle to Kobe and he fit the role perfectly in years past. His midrange is way more reliable than Amare which spaces the floor more, and he is a good compliment to Tyson down low.

A lot of people have commented on Tyson not being aggressive on defense it should be obvious why, when we play these small lineups Tyson is risking foul trouble every night. Once we have another big playing consistent minutes alongside Tyson he will be able to play with less restraint on D. He averages 1.3 blocks on his career he can easily do 1.5, currently he's on 0.7 due to having to avoid fouls.

I like the Amare for Pau trade. No way I send Novak in that deal though, Novak on LA is deadly and also people here are just way too reactionary wanting Novak and Feltons heads 1 month into the season, and Felton has had one bad game

Ive watched every single Laker game so far this season including pre season Gasol is finished every check out how most Laker fans feel about Pau everyone wants him gone there's something wrong with him mentally. Even with all the positives you said about him he's hurt the Lakers way more than he's helping when he's on the floor **** me personally I want him out of LA ASAP.
    Believe me or not I wouldn't give a damn playing for a team that's been trying to ship me away for the second straight season.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Premature since it's only been a few games, but please send him to us.

Lakers problems go beyond Gasol, but whatever scapegoating you guys want to do it's okay with me.

Originally Posted by Red
    Shouldn't we WAIT and see how Amare performs under Woody first?

The trade deadline is extended and is months away, there is no rush.

Just like you shouldn't go grocery shopping on an empty stomach, you should refrain from making trade decisions after losing 3 of 4. Its just reactionary.

Pau looks like the savior, Amare gets no props.

Just like with Mike d'antoni who was given years and players and everything to his liking including time, Woody (with a healthy Stat) deserves the same, and he should be the one making this decision.

So STFU and wait to see what coach can do. Sheesh!
    This is the most reasonable post in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk