Amar'e Stoudemire would accept a role as the New York Knicks' sixth man if asked of him, two sources with knowledge of Stoudemire's thinking told ESPNNewYork.com.

"All he cares about right now is helping the team and winning," one source, who has been around Stoudemire regularly in recent weeks, said. "He'd be fine with coming off the bench if that's what they want."
Ok so if STAT is off the bench does that make a difference?

I'll say this.

We lack interior defense short of TC (although Sheed has altered a few shots)

We lack size and scoring out the post

We lack depth behind TC if you want to consider Sheed a 4 and Camby (Gumby... got that from Clyde... funny as hell) is limited

Now I ask...

Is Pau that dude? Really? Even if we say that Pau's D is about even with STAT who I had issues with defensively

STATS offense, drawing foul capabilities, and heart ARE BETTER IMO.

In sports, NEVER doubt heart. STAT has heart, Pau doesn't. So we can say oh Pau can score from here and there, but so can STAT.

We can say Pau can fill in at the 5 for TC, so can STAT.

We can also say, Pau is soft and has no heart. He's not going to intimidate nor rile up the troops. We can't say that about STAT!

We can say that STAT is a LEADER. Pau is NOT!

If you discount heart & leadership as if they grow on trees, I would think that you probably suck at sports and are not one yourself.

I see it and I know we need it. Not a soft Pau to help us get rid of a contract. We don't need to get rid of a contract. If STAT is finished then yeah, but I for one look forward to seeing my COMPLETE TEAM first.