Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Lakers-Knicks Discussing Pau/Amare Swap?

Amar'e Stoudemire would accept a role as the New York Knicks' sixth man if asked of him, two sources with knowledge of Stoudemire's thinking told ESPNNewYork.com.

"All he cares about right now is helping the team and winning," one source, who has been around Stoudemire regularly in recent weeks, said. "He'd be fine with coming off the bench if that's what they want."
    Ok so if STAT is off the bench does that make a difference?

I'll say this.

We lack interior defense short of TC (although Sheed has altered a few shots)

We lack size and scoring out the post

We lack depth behind TC if you want to consider Sheed a 4 and Camby (Gumby... got that from Clyde... funny as hell) is limited

Now I ask...

Is Pau that dude? Really? Even if we say that Pau's D is about even with STAT who I had issues with defensively

STATS offense, drawing foul capabilities, and heart ARE BETTER IMO.

In sports, NEVER doubt heart. STAT has heart, Pau doesn't. So we can say oh Pau can score from here and there, but so can STAT.

We can say Pau can fill in at the 5 for TC, so can STAT.

We can also say, Pau is soft and has no heart. He's not going to intimidate nor rile up the troops. We can't say that about STAT!

We can say that STAT is a LEADER. Pau is NOT!

If you discount heart & leadership as if they grow on trees, I would think that you probably suck at sports and are not one yourself.

I see it and I know we need it. Not a soft Pau to help us get rid of a contract. We don't need to get rid of a contract. If STAT is finished then yeah, but I for one look forward to seeing my COMPLETE TEAM first.

Superstar

I think the whole "stat needs to be a 6th man" thing is ridiculous. Why?... Sure we are playing Carmelo at PF and he is playing well... But since when can carmelo NOT play small forward just as well?..

He played small forward against one of the better defensive small forwards in the league last week and dropped 40. So honestly it doesn't matter where carmelo plays hes gonna score.

When we play small, how many points are we getting from Brewer?... When we play big, how many points do we get from Rasheed or Thomas? How many rebounds and blocked shots also?

At stats VERY worst, he puts up 17 pts, 8 rbs and 2 blocked shots.

People will point at defense, and well if Amar'e can focus on blocking shots and rebounding, well be fine.. because playing small also effects or defense we are giving up way too many jumpers because we keep playing point guards at the 2 and shooting guards at the 3. Then you add all the second chance points we give up because we don't friggin rebound the ball.. it adds up.

Saying they didn't work and didn't play together well last year doesn't make any sense because when they did we had D'Antoni as a coach and no point guard so obviously we aren't going to be a good team.

Last year with woodson when they both played post Lin we went 3-1.. And looked pretty good. So there is no reason to think we need to make a trade that will completely alter the teams identity when we are fine as it is or demand that our highest paid player who is the reason we are even excited about watching this team in the first place right now has to come off the bench when he hasn't even played a game yet.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I think the whole "stat needs to be a 6th man" thing is ridiculous. Why?... Sure we are playing Carmelo at PF and he is playing well... But since when can carmelo NOT play small forward just as well?..

He played small forward against one of the better defensive small forwards in the league last week and dropped 40. So honestly it doesn't matter where carmelo plays hes gonna score.

When we play small, how many points are we getting from Brewer?... When we play big, how many points do we get from Rasheed or Thomas? How many rebounds and blocked shots also?

At stats VERY worst, he puts up 17 pts, 8 rbs and 2 blocked shots.

People will point at defense, and well if Amar'e can focus on blocking shots and rebounding, well be fine.. because playing small also effects or defense we are giving up way too many jumpers because we keep playing point guards at the 2 and shooting guards at the 3. Then you add all the second chance points we give up because we don't friggin rebound the ball.. it adds up.

Saying they didn't work and didn't play together well last year doesn't make any sense because when they did we had D'Antoni as a coach and no point guard so obviously we aren't going to be a good team.

Last year with woodson when they both played post Lin we went 3-1.. And looked pretty good. So there is no reason to think we need to make a trade that will completely alter the teams identity when we are fine as it is or demand that our highest paid player who is the reason we are even excited about watching this team in the first place right now has to come off the bench when he hasn't even played a game yet.

All good points not to mention from an interior defensive standpoint and for Melo's own energy level I don't think it's best that he plays the 4 exclusively in spurts yea but not for the whole game.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Red
    Wow! There are a lot of Pau fans here.

Seriously, Pau is soft as baby sh*t.

F*cking baby **** after eating melted ice cream!

Have we forgot what a healthy Stat is capable of? You do realize that hurt he still put up decent numbers.

And to make the case even more...

Please recall Stats performance AFTER he came back and playedwith a bandaged hand.... f*cking ONE HANDED!

It's simple, wait until we see a healthy Stat when he's assimilated to our new team and under coaches influence. If he fails and that's a big if, then we'll try and swing a deal if it benefits. But to act like he is no longer an asset is insulting to true Knick fans.
    You know who's softer than Gasol though?

Amare.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    It's not premature, Pau has been terrible since Phil's last year you guys don't watch the Lakers enough to realize that he is not the same player from the Lakers last two titles. And I know our bench is trash in LA but Pau is also a huge reason I'm telling you guy's he is killing LA when he's on the floor not giving us anything on offense and his defense is sooo bad now. I want him out of LA badly but for somebody like Josh Smith since Amare is too injury prone.

Another thing you guys are overrating that Gasol's playing bad because of trade rumors because going into this season there was no trade rumors the Lakers got Dwight without giving up Gasol he should have felt safe and secure. Not to mention in Phils last year when Gasol started disappearing there wasn't trade rumors about him it was all rumors about Bynum. So that excuse is wrong as well Pau Gasol may do better on another team idk but I aslo don't know if another team wants to take that risk with how terrible he's been playing for the past 2 seasons and some change.

Gasol got the Lakers a title, without Gasol, Kobe would of been struggling just like he was in the post-Shaq era.

Gasol is the 2nd best passer on the Lakers, even if he plays "bad", he's still finding open guys and his presence alone makes the game easier for the Lakers. a 7"1 PF/C who can shoot, pass, and rebound with a skilled post game. Even if you may label it a "bad season"(all perspective), Gasol is still good and a change of scenery would be great.

Melo would fit in SO much better with Gasol, I drool thinking about the possibilities on offense, so many give and gos, cutting to the basket and Melo is delivered the ball from the high IQ Pau. Amar'e cannot do these things, never have, never will. The ball stops and die with Amar'e.

That's why Memphis is sucessful, Marc is a great passer, probably the best passing center we've had since Vlade Divac and a D'Antoni version of Boris Diaw back in 06-07. A guy like Zach Randolph, we known him to be a black hole. But his game becomes effective when you have a center with court awareness and ability to time passes and pass it accurate. high assist/low turnover guys. Gasol would make the game easier for Chandler and Melo, and would be the perfect piece to the front court.

I've said this a million times, right before the Melo trade...during the rumors and speculations....Amar'e style clashes with Melo, and Amar'e can only play center next to a Shawn Marion type PF, a guy who crashes the boards and scraps for the ball, does the dirty work. Chandler fills up the paint and creates traffic already, so the space is clutter. This leaves Amar'e to settle for jump-shots, where he shoots 30-35% at.

Why should the Knicks settle that? It's not efficient play, it's a waste of money and a bad idea. Any logical fan would see this. The only fan I can say that would back up Amar'e is the type of fan who pumps their chest and has blind pride over topics, will defend what they feel to the death without considering what's best for the team.

Amar'e has to go, I like him; he was probably of the most exciting players to watch this decade at his prime, 00 version of Shawn Kemp. Melo is our primary scorer, and being a secondary scorer is something Amar'e has NEVER excelled at. Amar'e spent his entire career leading the offense, not playing Robin.

It's just not gonna work out for the Knicks and Amar'e, I hate to say.

hey who knows if Amare can put up 17 & 8 after this last surgery I can see him being moved for a variety of players if needed.

The secret is the knicks don't have to rush make a deal they are winning games even without Amare and him being cool and saying he would even sit on the bench if necessary doesn't give me the notion that he is put pressure on the knicks to give him minutes.

In fact I just looked it up its in the knicks interest just to wait regardless of Amare/Pau rumors. Kevin love becomes a free agent in 2015 anyway when Amare comes off the books. So is Tony Parker who might leave the spurs since no one will be on that team with him. The knicks will have mu
    Last edited by Wargames; Nov 29, 2012 at 01:32.

Cool

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You know who's softer than Gasol though?

Amare.
    Stoudemire, who was not available for comment Saturday, suffered lacerations to his left hand when he hit the glass casing of a fire extinguisher at America Airlines Arena in Miami after the Knicks' Game 2 loss.
    He needed stitches to close the wound and underwent a surgical procedure Tuesday to repair what the Knicks called a "small muscle" in his hand. Stoudemire tweeted a photo of his stitched hand Friday.
    Yo STAT had 20 & 10 in the ONLY playoff game we won against the eventual champions.

If you think or believe Pau Gasol could drop a 2x2; not only after having surgery, with stitches, and a bulky hand wrap....

But losing HIS BROTHER the night of the SuperBowl-

You are either retarded or high. If its the ladder, I want what you're smoking

Now tell me... what PF's are better than STAT on his game in the East?

....you really think Pau could do that? And bought up a Lakers game 7 championship from years ago to boot? OMG. I guess Kobe Bean the Black Mamba and Andrew Bynum were just bystanders?