Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: No ball movement at all!!

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman

    REAL Talk
    I mention Melo's 9 point performance of taking the Spurs best defenders away from the basket for a Knicks win over the Spurs.
    I also mention Melo's 9 point performance dropped Melo's scoring average down to 22 points.
    Will Melo ever play possum like that again? HELL NO!
    However, Melo wants Amare to play possum every game, which took Amare out of being selected to the all-star team lastseason.
    Did u and others expect Amare to do the samething this season, while Melo get all the lime-light for keeping the Knicks a .500 team .... I dont think so.
    Sorry man I disagree all around. First of all, Amar'e TRIED to get his always and often, he just was not able to convert. -- Melo was NOT preventing him from doing that and neither was the coach. When you have a player like Amar'e yeah, you can use him as a decoy.....but we were doing anything BUT that, as Amar'e was given free reign to shake and bake and pop from 15ft out (decoys don't often actually attempt shots).

    Why do you think Melo won't play 'possum' again? I can't find anything reasoning. I think he can and will if he's bottled up as such, the Spurs play the best team defense in the league outside of Miami and they effectively neutralized Melo, forcing him to be productive in other ways. It didn't help that Melo's open looks weren't falling either, so he recognized he needed to get going in other ways.

    Brooklyn however, could NOT neutralize Melo, neither by team or individual defense. Melo missed a ton of open looks he should have made, but in general he could get his shots off.

    The only thing I do agree with you is that YES, teammates tend to stop playing hard defense when the offense only runs through 1 or 2 people -- they stand around, looking uninterested instead of moving around, setting picks, boxing out -- that's on the coach to illustrate.

    ....But the notion that Melo won't ever defer again is not in any way true.

  2. #32
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Theirs only one person to blame for the "no ball movement" and thats Mike woodson.

    It's the coaches duty to demand more ball movement, he's not standing on the side observing the game for nothing.

    Thats not why we lost against Brooklyn though... Felton single handedly lost us that game.... 3 -19. FGM-AT

  3. #33
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Theirs only one person to blame for the "no ball movement" and thats Mike woodson.

    It's the coaches duty to demand more ball movement, he's not standing on the side observing the game for nothing.

    Thats not why we lost against Brooklyn though... Felton single handedly lost us that game.... 3 -19. FGM-AT
    But it actually is since Feltons selfish play is indicative to how the Knicks played as a whole. If the whole team played better team ball then Felton does not take nearly as much shots and Melo's most likely not tired.

  4. #34
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Sorry to say it but Melo is worried about his scoring average. He should swing the ball more and look to get others involved in the game early. He should look to get his own offense in spurts.

    Unfortunately Melo is the type of scorer that needs to get into a fine rhythm to get going. He doesn't switch from focused ball movement and creating for others to looking for his own offense without losing his scoring rhythm. So he tends to either be in one mode or the other. He would much prefer to look for his own shot at the detriment of teammates alot of times I'm afraid.

    In the first few games I thought he turned over a new leaf but I was wrong.

    Durant is more unselfish while also being more efficient. He is better than Melo in both aspects.

    I think Smith has actually looked for teammates much more than he has in the past. I like the way he's been playing recently.

  5. #35
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Now tonight was exactly what I have been wanting to see from the knicks.Ball movement was the key in the knicks winning the game tonight.Everybody scored mello still got his huge points with felton,backup pg(can't think of his name),chandler,novak.Everybody was scored tonight b/c they shared the ball.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,967
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by platnumn
    Sorry man I disagree all around. First of all, Amar'e TRIED to get his always and often, he just was not able to convert. -- Melo was NOT preventing him from doing that and neither was the coach. When you have a player like Amar'e yeah, you can use him as a decoy.....but we were doing anything BUT that, as Amar'e was given free reign to shake and bake and pop from 15ft out (decoys don't often actually attempt shots).

    Why do you think Melo won't play 'possum' again? I can't find anything reasoning. I think he can and will if he's bottled up as such, the Spurs play the best team defense in the league outside of Miami and they effectively neutralized Melo, forcing him to be productive in other ways. It didn't help that Melo's open looks weren't falling either, so he recognized he needed to get going in other ways.

    Brooklyn however, could NOT neutralize Melo, neither by team or individual defense. Melo missed a ton of open looks he should have made, but in general he could get his shots off.

    The only thing I do agree with you is that YES, teammates tend to stop playing hard defense when the offense only runs through 1 or 2 people -- they stand around, looking uninterested instead of moving around, setting picks, boxing out -- that's on the coach to illustrate.

    ....But the notion that Melo won't ever defer again is not in any way true.

    Sorry .. u made some valid points but .. Amare career is much more define as a winning team-player than Melo's at the foward position.

    Amare has a career average of 15 shots per game for 21 pts and 9 rbds when compared to Melo career average of 20 shots per game for 24 pts and 6 rbds.
    Amare's teams average a little above 90 shots per with Marbury, or Nash, or Felton at the PG .. when Melo's team average 88 shots per under Miller, or AI, or Billups at PG. Its a helluva big difference.

    The only thing Melo has above Amare are ..
    Melo is the halfcourt player u give the final shot to win a game, which gives Melo a much bigger NBA fan-base than Amare.

    When Melo joined the Knicks, Amare's shot attempts drop to 13 shots per in a non-transition system, while Melo's shot attempts increase to 21 shots per in a 48 minute halfcourt set offense .. with the Knicks team averaging below 90 shot attempts per game.

  7. #37
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Sorry to say it but Melo is worried about his scoring average. He should swing the ball more and look to get others involved in the game early. He should look to get his own offense in spurts.

    Unfortunately Melo is the type of scorer that needs to get into a fine rhythm to get going. He doesn't switch from focused ball movement and creating for others to looking for his own offense without losing his scoring rhythm. So he tends to either be in one mode or the other. He would much prefer to look for his own shot at the detriment of teammates alot of times I'm afraid.

    In the first few games I thought he turned over a new leaf but I was wrong.

    Durant is more unselfish while also being more efficient. He is better than Melo in both aspects.

    I think Smith has actually looked for teammates much more than he has in the past. I like the way he's been playing recently.


    wow dude really Carmelo only cares about his scoring average

    we're 10-4 and guys are still bashing him, I guess he should never shoot wait no how about we waive him that way he can go be appreciated by another fan base since everything he does is wrong

  8. #38
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I do not believe Melo needs to average 27 ppg (26.9 to be exact) for this team to be successful.

    Melo scores in his sleep. I would like for him to put more focus on his defensive energy/ effort, and on getting his teammates involved. It'd be great if he could up his assist average to atleast 3. He's averaging under 2 assist on the year so far smh. It's no secret he likes to score. He needs to be more well-rounded.

    Common man.. I don't think I'm being that unfair.

    You negged me for my opinon you quoted. What a prom night dumpster baby you are. That's a bitch move.


    Originally Posted by CA7


    wow dude really Carmelo only cares about his scoring average

    we're 10-4 and guys are still bashing him, I guess he should never shoot wait no how about we waive him that way he can go be appreciated by another fan base since everything he does is wrong
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 30, 2012 at 16:09.

  9. #39
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I don't see why saying Melo not being on the same level as Durant is such a bad thing. As an overall player I'd have to agree.

    Melo might be a stronger pure scorer than Durant but Durant is a more complete player.

    I like Melo's facilitating this year but he could be doing more late in games I think. They used him as a decoy against the Nets but they never played the ball through him. IDK why it makes so much more sense to have him involved, maybe Woodson worries he won't pass up shots late in the shot clock late in games.
    Last edited by smokes; Nov 30, 2012 at 18:47.

  10. #40
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    When is this team going to learn you can't win if you don't MOVE the ball around until you find the open guy.Its sickning to watch a nba team play so great this season b/c they had moved the ball around for a wide open shot.Then all of a sudden watch the same team that had played so great b/c of that start playing one on one or watching the pg dribble the clock out while the other four players just stand there doing nothing.

  11. #41
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    When is this team going to learn you can't win if you don't MOVE the ball around until you find the open guy.Its sickning to watch a nba team play so great this season b/c they had moved the ball around for a wide open shot.Then all of a sudden watch the same team that had played so great b/c of that start playing one on one or watching the pg dribble the clock out while the other four players just stand there doing nothing.
    At both ends of the floor the boys are getting complacent.

    Knicks were holding most teams in the mid to low 90's but of late the opposition is easily netting hundred or more. First priority has to be D, there will be games when likes of Felton, Novak, JR Smith are MIA. In that case our D needs to step up and grind out an ugly victory. Knicks should not have to count on scoring over a hundred points to win games.

  12. #42
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    At both ends of the floor the boys are getting complacent.

    Knicks were holding most teams in the mid to low 90's but of late the opposition is easily netting hundred or more. First priority has to be D, there will be games when likes of Felton, Novak, JR Smith are MIA. In that case our D needs to step up and grind out an ugly victory. Knicks should not have to count on scoring over a hundred points to win games.
    This, to me, is just a matter of flexibility within the roster. Sheed, Camby and STAT's absences have Woody (as far as I've seen it) holding Chandler back to a degree. A lot of people have been on TC's case this season, but he's the only Knick that has persevered through the wear and tear of last season, the Olympics, and the injuries of others without being debilitated enough to sit out himself.

    D is, was and will remain what takes this team above and beyond, but it's necessary to spare a thought for longevity in terms of minutes, effort and playing shape. Particularly for Chandler with three 7 footers sitting out due to injury. He's the key cog to Woody's defensive aspirations, and burning him out early would be a fool's gold move.

  13. #43
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I really loved the ball movement that the knicks had the last two games? Oh that's right there wasn't none!!
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; May 03, 2013 at 00:47.

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,967
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Yeah, we had some great ball movement in the last two games where we got the ball to our super-star Melo to shoot 59 shot attempts, it was Boston OUTSTANDING Defense that made our super-star Melo miss 41 shots out of 59 LOL ....

    We are DOOMED having a career postseason failure super-star, and his side-kick taking 65% of our shot attempts each game at a low 39% fg shooting.
    It would help if the two ball-hogging players add a little defensive-effort, and dont stop the ball-movement every single time they touch the ball .........
    The Knicks losing two-straight games to a NON-playoff roster Boston team cancel all the optimistic Knicks fans hope of going to the ECF.
    On Wednsday, my friend invited everyone over for "Game-Night" and in the final 2 minutes of the game my friend told everyone to get to STEPPIN .. I had to work late Wed night while my phone did overtime in text from an angry game-night party LMAO at how angry the Knicks loss made so many friends & family members...

  15. #45
    Member NewYork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Personally I feel its so predictable to guard the Knicks some nights because you know when Melo is gonna shoot and not pass. You can even sense certain plays when Melo wont even be involved because of the way he slowly trots around in those specific plays. He has to move around hard whether or not he gets the ball to shoot to make it harder for the opponents defense.

Similar Threads

  1. A Plea to Carmelo from his biggest fan
    By CA7 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2012, 21:35
  2. Really dumb move by Melo and whole organization
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2012, 16:11
  3. Even D'antoni says WE ARE RIGHT!
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 21:18
  4. I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?
    By DaTPRiNCE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: Dec 04, 2009, 15:37
  5. Curry and Randolph
    By nyKnicks126 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2007, 22:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •