No ball movement at all!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Do you see it? They have been doing it more and more for the past four games and they have lost 3-4.To many one on ones by mello,smith and now my felton.I knew it was to good to be true to watch this team play team ball and move the ball around until you get a wide open shot.

I've noticed ever since this started happening when they pass the ball and when mello or smith got it thats as far as it would go.They would shoot with two guys on them.Novak was WIDEOPEN on the last shot in the 4th and what does melo do shoots it over a guy thats right in his face.It was fun while it lasted guys but playing one on one is back and we will be nothing but a 6th to 8th seed if we are lucky.

Wargames

Starter
I blame the PG's all these games the PG's start going for theirs (Felton has a Feltdown) and boom the whole team follows suit. Felton is better than this but that "chip" on his shoulder has him trying to be a hero when he just has to be a worker....

Felton stop having Feltdowns.... Dammit

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I blame the PG's all these games the PG's start going for theirs (Felton has a Feltdown) and boom the whole team follows suit. Felton is better than this but that "chip" on his shoulder has him trying to be a hero when he just has to be a worker....

Felton stop having Feltdowns.... Dammit

Theres enough blame to go around for everybody right now not just the pgs.I have watched the ball stop in mello and smiths hands to many times during this stretch.

Wargames

Starter
Theres enough blame to go around for everybody right now not just the pgs.I have watched the ball stop in mello and smiths hands to many times during this stretch.

yeah its bad out there.... i have no idea why either its like they just said **** it

metrocard

Legend
It happens when a pure PG, defensive lock down artist and a floor general and NBA hall of famer and veteran isn't on the court.

315729_543876442307551_371563181_n.jpg

I use to hate this guy and the Nets, and how they embarrassed Howard Eisley and the Knicks 10 years ago.

But now that he's on our team, I appreciate for what he is, even at the end of his career; his work on the floor is nothing but brilliance.

He's like a timeless world class boxer, you have to appreciate his sweet science.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Do you see it? They have been doing it more and more for the past four games and they have lost 3-4.To many one on ones by mello,smith and now my felton.I knew it was to good to be true to watch this team play team ball and move the ball around until you get a wide open shot.

I've noticed ever since this started happening when they pass the ball and when mello or smith got it thats as far as it would go.They would shoot with two guys on them.Novak was WIDEOPEN on the last shot in the 4th and what does melo do shoots it over a guy thats right in his face.It was fun while it lasted guys but playing one on one is back and we will be nothing but a 6th to 8th seed if we are lucky.

Actually Stackhouse had Novak covered until the ball left the air. If JR moves from the corner and Felton comes up as Melo starts to drive, it would have been a nice kick out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zshopa

Benchwarmer
I think we are just more careless with the ball in the last 4 games. turnovers are up, especially melo who has gotten better at dishing when the double team comes but is losing a lot of valuable posessions. Kidd is a huge part of why we dont turn the ball over so much but it feels like unless we are knocking down 3's everytime down the floor we either lose the ball or tyson has to clean up underneath and with reggie evans and humpfries crashing the offensive glass its a little hard for him. somethings gotta give. I blame Melo, and its not his fault at all but hes the star and it all starts with him, it all has to start with him our offense runs through him for a reason hes the best, but being the best comes with responsibility to get the rest of your team playing on a higher level.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
At best we have been mediocre away from MSG for far too long.

Some games can't play a lack of D i.e @ Dallas/Houston, other games just claw defeat from the jaws of victory i.e @ Dallas/Nets.

Now I understand some of that is down to the fact the subs play better at home than they do on the road...Looking @ you Steve Novak, and yes NBA refs are in large part homers but.....

Last night with a 3 point lead and less than 2 minutes left what we saw was just amateur hour by a squad full of vets and from coach Woodson. We see Woody taking a few minutes to diagram a play, only to have Felton go all Iverson and take comical shots with 18 seconds+left on that shot clock.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think we are just more careless with the ball in the last 4 games. turnovers are up, especially melo who has gotten better at dishing when the double team comes but is losing a lot of valuable posessions. Kidd is a huge part of why we dont turn the ball over so much but it feels like unless we are knocking down 3's everytime down the floor we either lose the ball or tyson has to clean up underneath and with reggie evans and humpfries crashing the offensive glass its a little hard for him. somethings gotta give. I blame Melo, and its not his fault at all but hes the star and it all starts with him, it all has to start with him our offense runs through him for a reason hes the best, but being the best comes with responsibility to get the rest of your team playing on a higher level.

STOP IT! This is not the fault of ONE person. Melo has been scoring at a high rate and doing it with a good fg%. He's basically kept us in the last few games. We have THREE pgs now so don't come here talking that he needs to get others playing at a higher level. Yes, he should pass out of double teams every time, but we have 3 competent pgs who should be able to run this team consistently.

How about the teams rebounding issues? TC had a good scoring game but he was trash on defense and even though he had 10 rebounds he wasn't that effective. Gave up way to many layups and offensive boards. Novak is trash when he's not shooting, Woodson seems to have lost his grasp on the game (for now), Sheed is cool but we need him in the post primarily, Felton doesn't know how to pace himself, Prigioni take too long to read the defense and start a play, Camby doesn't get enough minutes...

DEFENSIVE ROTATIONS ARE HORRIBLE RIGHT NOW. THEY'RE DOUBLE TEAMING PEOPLE THAT DON'T NEED THE EXTRA COVERAGE AND LEAVING SHOOTERS WIDE OPEN. GUYS ARE LOSING THEIR MAN AND THEY JUST LOOK CONFUSED AT TIMES. THEY GET STEALS BY SLAPPING THE BALL AWAY BUT THEIR TEAM DEFENSE IS BELOW AVERAGE AT THIS POINT.

Woodson needs to get this straightened out NOW or he'll start getting heat from me. I don't see him yelling at guys like he used to and that worries me.

nyk_nyk

All Star
At best we have been mediocre away from MSG for far too long.

Some games can't play a lack of D i.e @ Dallas/Houston, other games just claw defeat from the jaws of victory i.e @ Dallas/Nets.

Now I understand some of that is down to the fact the subs play better at home than they do on the road...Looking @ you Steve Novak, and yes NBA refs are in large part homers but.....

Last night with a 3 point lead and less than 2 minutes left what we saw was just amateur hour by a squad full of vets and from coach Woodson. We see Woody taking a few minutes to diagram a play, only to have Felton go all Iverson and take comical shots with 18 seconds+left on that shot clock.

This pissed me the hell off! I didn't get it at all when it happened. Totally wasted posession.
Also, lets not forget after the knicks made a good defensive stop on the Nets, down by only 4 Melo comes down and takes a rushed 3 with about 18 seconds on the shot clock. This is Dantoni ball! WTF??

Kiyaman

Legend
Here are some good stats on our career 24 point superstar Carmelo Anthony ....

In our 6-0 start Melo average 41% FG, 22 pts, 8 rbd, 2 ast, 2 turnovers
In our last 7 games Melo average 43% FG, 30 pts, 6 rbd, 2 ast, 4 turnovers ..
Giving the Knicks a 3-4 record (9-4) ....

Which Melo would u rather have the 22 point Melo .. or the 30 point Melo?

If u recall the Knicks win over the Spurs, Melo scored 9 points in that Knicks win over the Spurs by putting all his energy on defense and rebounding giving the Knicks its 6th straight win to start the season with coach Woody 6-0 method of using star PG-Jason Kidd's system of ball-movement, player-movement, and team help-defenders on defense .. all that change the next 7 games when coach Woody ran an ISO-offense system using a man to man defense. The only one gaining from this type of system are Carmelo Anthony status at making the all-star team as a starter.

Look at all the East Fowards making the ALL-STAR team as SF & PF

CA7

Scoring Champ
Here are some good stats on our career 24 point superstar Carmelo Anthony ....

In our 6-0 start Melo average 41% FG, 22 pts, 8 rbd, 2 ast, 2 turnovers
In our last 7 games Melo average 43% FG, 30 pts, 6 rbd, 2 ast, 4 turnovers ..
Giving the Knicks a 3-4 record (9-4) ....

Which Melo would u rather have the 22 point Melo .. or the 30 point Melo?

If u recall the Knicks win over the Spurs, Melo scored 9 points in that Knicks win over the Spurs by putting all his energy on defense and rebounding giving the Knicks its 6th straight win to start the season with coach Woody 6-0 method of using star PG-Jason Kidd's system of ball-movement, player-movement, and team help-defenders on defense .. all that change the next 7 games when coach Woody ran an ISO-offense system using a man to man defense. The only one gaining from this type of system are Carmelo Anthony status at making the all-star team as a starter.

Look at all the East Fowards making the ALL-STAR team as SF & PF

I dont know which game you've seen iso-ball but we haven't been solely iso-ball at all this year.

I think we've been mismanaging it lately I mean you gotta give Melo the rock when he's hot but when he needs rest you gotta rest him. I think your over analyzing whats going on.

Also the last 7 games Melo is shooting 49% so I'll take 49% Melo over 43% Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont know which game you've seen iso-ball but we haven't been solely iso-ball at all this year.

I think we've been mismanaging it lately I mean you gotta give Melo the rock when he's hot but when he needs rest you gotta rest him. I think your over analyzing whats going on.

Also the last 7 games Melo is shooting 49% so I'll take 49% Melo over 43% Melo

A winning contender team only plays ISO-Ball in the 4th quarter n cruntchtime .. coach Woody last 7 games started playing ISO-BALL as early as the first quarter .. we dont have 3 consistent ISO players like OKC had in Westbrook, Harden, and super-star ......

There are only two players on the Knicks that play ISO-Ball, and one of them have a career of inconsistency .. the rest of the Knicks roster are team ball-players. Felton gave away the Nets game (trying to) play ISO-BALL in the 2nd half n OT.

Melo averaging 30 pts a game have us at 3-4

nyk_nyk

All Star
A winning contender team only plays ISO-Ball in the 4th quarter n cruntchtime .. coach Woody last 7 games started playing ISO-BALL as early as the first quarter .. we dont have 3 consistent ISO players like OKC had in Westbrook, Harden, and super-star ......

There are only two players on the Knicks that play ISO-Ball, and one of them have a career of inconsistency .. the rest of the Knicks roster are team ball-players. Felton gave away the Nets game (trying to) play ISO-BALL in the 2nd half n OT.

Melo averaging 30 pts a game have us at 3-4

The team played bad defense (once again) and gave up a ton of offensive rebounds. Stop using Melo as the scapegoat. Novak, Melo and Chandler were the main culprits with the bad defense.

shump21

Rookie
The team played bad defense (once again) and gave up a ton of offensive rebounds. Stop using Melo as the scapegoat. Novak, Melo and Chandler were the main culprits with the bad defense.

chandler would get me mad on one possession defensively and the next possession he would score...and novak can pretty much only shoot which we have known all along

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;255850 said:
Just for you, WVKnickfan.

Yep that sums it up thats exactly what this team is turning into AGAIN.This team used to play teamball but now its slowing going back to mello and smith one on one ball.:barf:

I can not see why people can not see what is happening write in front of us.This team looked unbeatable when they played team ball passing it to everybody and they was the best in the league.Now all of a sudden mello and smith wants to take over and leave everybody else out just so they can play one on one the whole game.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Actually Stackhouse had Novak covered until the ball left the air. If JR moves from the corner and Felton comes up as Melo starts to drive, it would have been a nice kick out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stackhouse was starting to come and help wallace and that left novak open and with his quick shot that he has it would have been wide open for him.