Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pringles regrets coming to New York - SHOTS FIRED!

Originally Posted by pat
    The Spurs are old and play uptempo. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive. The Spur play uptempo and and you can't get much older. In fact, if you do it via passing, it is less exhausting than pounding the boards in a set play offense.
    there's a difference between uptempo and run and gun

D'Antoni plays run and gun where anyone and everyone can shoot

the Spurs and us play uptempo where we look for good shots with the PG controlling the ball and running pick n rolls and our secondary options are Duncan post ups and Carmelo isolations

Originally Posted by CA7
    running pick n rolls and our secondary options are Duncan post ups and Carmelo isolations
    Mhhh?

Showtime wasn't run and gun. SSOL is not run and gun. Let's agree that MDA and the Knicks was not a good fit, but whether or not things are going to work in LA is not necessarily a question of age.

I just finished watching the Lakers lose to the Magic on league pass. Wow, the Lakers were terrible.

It looks like Dumbphoney is already having an effect on them though. No interior D. No energy, no passion, no commitment. And Dumbphoney on the sidelines clapping his hands and shouting "Lets go, lets go" whilst the Lakers are collapsing on the court. And Dwight shooting threes? lol

"Just do what you do." - Mike D'Antoni

In my opinion, D'Antoni's philosophy of SSOL will never work because the best way to get out and score in seven seconds or less on the shot clock is to play good defense and get out in transition. He's missing the underlying logic that would make his system work.

...plus all the 3 pointers. Good 3 point shooting teams are successful because they play inside-out. They post first and then swing the ball to find the open man. Another thing D'Antoni will never grasp.

Veteran

D'Ant is a joke of a coach, he also lost to Houston yesterday. Lin only had 4pts and 3 dimes. The kicker is T.Douglas lead all of Houston players with 22 point. The same dude D'Ant let rot on the bench during his time with the Knicks. glad this coach is no longer our problem.

So pleased that Toney Douglas scored the way he did against Dumbphoney. I remember when Dumbphoney slagged Toney off to the press and kind of joked about him which was totally unprofessional and uncalled for.

I wonder how long it will be before Lakers fans want him out?

Originally Posted by Wargames
    "I shouldn't have gone to New York," said D'Antoni.

"I should have stuck in there and battled. You don't get to coach somebody like him [Nash] too many times. It's pretty sacred and you need to take care of it. I didn't."

The parting with the Suns had always been reported as mutual.

"No. It was me," D'Antoni admits now. "I initiated it and I probably shouldn't have."

So its confirmed then that D'antoni is a quitter, and yet this man continues to fail upward.
    tha quote smells like fail. hes admitting that he needed a star pg to be a decent coach. fcking clown