Thread: Trade Rumor - SHAT for DUNG + Tyrus Tom

Hybrid View

Rumor Trade Rumor - SHAT for DUNG + Tyrus Tom

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

NBA Trade Rumors Luol Deng to NY Knicks?
    December 01, 2012 08:15 PM EST
    Chicago had the best overall record in the NBA the past two seasons, but the injury to Derrick Rose has shown that this team is basically a one-man offense, and the Bulls need to make some changes.

Bleacher Report writer Jamal Collier has some interesting ideas on how Chicago can improve, and it starts with the trading of Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer.

The potential deal involves three teams and some big salaries with the Bulls sending Deng to the NY Knicks and Boozer to Charlotte. Amar'e Stoudemire and Gerald Henderson would be sent to the Bulls with New York also getting Tyrus Thomas.

With the NBA salary cap restrictions, this deal would work for all three teams. Bulls fans would welcome the Boozer move, and the Bobcats would rid themselves of a bad contract in Thomas, but all three teams would also benefit from such a trade.

Stoudemire would give Chicago a scoring threat in the paint and a decent rebounder, while New York gets a solid all-around player in Deng and some depth with the addition of Thomas. Charlotte gets a solid player in Boozer and a veteran that could help lead the young Bobcats for several more years.

With the trade deadline still weeks away, this is a solid idea, and the fact it makes each team better than they are currently makes this a deal worth looking into for all three franchises.
    ----------------------------------------

don't know if this rumor has any legs, if this writer has any clue, or if this
    website has any legitimacy, but i'd take DENG for STAT and Tyrus Thomas in a flash.

edit: writer is from Bleacher Report, where "idea" emanates... prob as bogus as the KO Trade Forum thread
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Dec 02, 2012 at 07:19.

Blah, blah, blah, pure fantasy.

i would not do this deal, makes us play even smaller, and i dont like that

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    i would not do this deal, makes us play even smaller, and i dont like that
    Deng can play some shooting guard. From what I see, it forces us to play bigger with Felton, Deng, Melo, Tyrus, and TC as the starting 5 compared to Felty, Kidd, Brewer, Melo and TC.

But whatever, I think this rumor will not happen. I dunno, its too good to be true lol.

Stopped reading after i saw bleacher report

Interesting trade, but it's just a fleeting thought. Deng in STAT's place would be pretty intriguing, but as intriguing as it is, it's a helluva lot more unlikely.

I'd like to see us acquire a good rebounding power forward more than another SF though, for sure. JJ Hickson of Portland has been boarding well this year. He's a good example of what I mean.

And as I said when the Gasol for Amar'e trade thing came through ~ no other team's dumb enough to trade for STAT, and we're not lucky enough to make the team better by trading him.

Bleacher Report, on the other hand, are daft enough to throw something like this out there after a session on the ESPN trade machine.

No way. I love Deng but this trade doesn't benefit us in the slightest.

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Stopped reading after i saw bleacher report
    This.

Nice idea, but we need a rebounding PF far more than any of those other pieces.

I honestly think we're going to be stuck with Amar'e, I doubt even D'Antoni wants him.

Superstar

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Deng can play some shooting guard. From what I see, it forces us to play bigger with Felton, Deng, Melo, Tyrus, and TC as the starting 5 compared to Felty, Kidd, Brewer, Melo and TC.

But whatever, I think this rumor will not happen. I dunno, its too good to be true lol.
    Are you serious bro? Tyrus Thomas might be the worst player in the league, i'd start Copeland before i'd start Thomas and with Melo, Deng is unnecessary. Awful trade for us and we'd take 10 steps back if we did it

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Are you serious bro? Tyrus Thomas might be the worst player in the league, i'd start Copeland before i'd start Thomas and with Melo, Deng is unnecessary. Awful trade for us and we'd take 10 steps back if we did it

i'd start Copeland before Tyrus Tom.

the more i read this thread, i realize STAT deserves a chance to be all that he can be before ANY trades
    are discussed. remember Knicks gave up on always-injured Antonio McDyess and he went on to semi-greatness.
    rock on KO!