Page 1 of 19 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thu, Dec 6: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat - Knicks dig deep and win!

Announcement Pre GT Banter - Knicks @ Heat - Thu, Dec 6 8:00pm

Anthony’s status is a major concern for a Knicks team in search of their second victory over Miami this season. New York relies on Anthony’s ability to shoot from the 3-point line, break down the opposition off the dribble, and work in the post while playing the power forward position.

James and Anthony will not necessarily defend each other on every possession but for a majority of the game, the two friends will be highlighted one-on-one. Miami’s MVP, Finals MVP, and Sportsman of the Year is an absolute beast in the open floor. James will attack in transition and in the halfcourt with a strong first step. Anthony and the Knicks interior defense must keep James out of the paint and off the free throw line.

If New York can turn James into a jump shooter for a majority of the contest, the team will have a chance at limiting his impact and force Dwyane Wade and the other scorers to make plays on the offensive side of the floor.

What's Melo's status, boys?

I'm so freaking pumped for this one... I've got still plenty of **** to do today, but the only thing I can think about is the Heat game.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I'm so freaking pumped for this one... I've got still plenty of **** to do today, but the only thing I can think about is the Heat game.
    Oh man, same. If we come out on top of this one, the euphoria will be amazing. Simply amazing.

excited, but melo not playing is gonna be a downer...hope he can

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    excited, but melo not playing is gonna be a downer...hope he can
    I've not found any word on that yet. ANYONE!?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    he's probably a gametime decision....

Melo said hes GOING TO PLAY..

Im a bit worried about how the injury might effect his play even tho its his non shooting hand. But yeah if we manage to win this game too on national tv AGAIN.. we will get the most respect we've ever gotten from the media..

Well i remember Tina saying Melo would play last night... dunno if hes changed his mind tho..

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Melo said hes GOING TO PLAY..

Im a bit worried about how the injury might effect his play even tho its his non shooting hand. But yeah if we manage to win this game too on national tv AGAIN.. we will get the most respect we've ever gotten from the media..
    Charles Barkley will be in full out panic mode if we win tonight...

Superstar

Believe me, nobody would like seeing us beat Bron & co. more than me tonight, I can't stand those guys, but after last night's W, I say sit Melo. Let him get that hand right...I'd seriously consider starting Chris Copeland in Melo's place..Melo's hurt, it'd be a nice reward for Cope for playing well against PHX last Sunday (why didn't he ever get back in that game in the 2nd half anyway?) and we'd be supplementing Melo's offense with another skilled offensive player so in terms of balance, offense for offense, I think it's the right move and worth a shot. Imagine if win or lose, Cope came out and had a big offensive night tonight against Miami, what a confidence booster that would be for the young man? And maybe it would finally prove to Woody that this kid can help us...Chandler, KT and Copeland would be my starting frontcourt tonight. Why push Melo with the lacerated hand? Give Cope and shot tonight and let's see what he can do against the best of the best. I think Cope could really surprise Miami..

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Believe me, nobody would like seeing us beat Bron & co. more than me tonight, I can't stand those guys, but after last night's W, I say sit Melo. Let him get that hand right...I'd seriously consider starting Chris Copeland in Melo's place..Melo's hurt, it'd be a nice reward for Cope for playing well against PHX last Sunday (why didn't he ever get back in that game in the 2nd half anyway?) and we'd be supplementing Melo's offense with another skilled offensive player so in terms of balance, offense for offense, I think it's the right move and worth a shot. Imagine if win or lose, Cope came out and had a big offensive night tonight against Miami, what a confidence booster that would be for the young man? And maybe it would finally prove to Woody that this kid can help us...Chandler, KT and Copeland would be my starting frontcourt tonight. Why push Melo with the lacerated hand? Give Cope and shot tonight and let's see what he can do against the best of the best. I think Cope could really surprise Miami..
    Lol... cocaine is one helluva drug..

I think Anthony will play in this one.

So pumped. #BeatTheHeat

still no official word if melo is playing but theirs this

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    Numb Carmelo undecided on whether he plays vs. Heat after six stitches [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    Carmelo Anthony could not say for sure if he would be able to play tonight in Miami. But he did promise one thing: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Melo's injured? I only saw the 1st Q of the Bobs game... that's ****ed up.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Melo's injured? I only saw the 1st Q of the Bobs game... that's ****ed up.
    Lacerated hand.

I don't think it keeps him out.