This is the best knick team anyone under 40 has seen in our life!

What is the best Knick Team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orangeblobman

Rotation player
This is easily the best Knicks team of my lifetime, hands down mans down, not even the Ewing teams were this awesome, this is a packed team, we're on a different level now

Starks

Starter
It looks like we are on pace to have one hell of a year that rivals our 90s teams but the proof will in the playoffs. We could lose just 3 games for the rest of the year and it would mean nothing if we have another first round exit. I love what I'm seeing and I don't deny its the best ball I've seen in over a decade, but its still too early. Other teams feared our 90s Ewing team and I don't get the sense other teams are taking us seriously yet- case and point the Heat.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's nearly impossible to compare players/teams thru the decades because the rules have changed. The emphises on offense(zone defense, no hand checking, no hard fouls) has literally changed the game. Also bigs with low post skills(Ewing,Hakeem, mourning) don't exist anymore either. Kareem was on nba tv last week breaking down the mechanics of his sky hook and the commentator asked when he learned all this to which Kareem responded "high school." Classic. Bigs these days are to busy shooting threes and dunking out to learn even one go to post move. Then they go straight to the nba and you the Dwight Howards and Andrew Bynums of the world. None of the 90's teams had a scorer like melo. Alan was a shooter and spree was a slasher. Melo is a lethal combo of both. Time will tell the rest of the story but this the best team in over a decade to be sure and manhandling the hated Heat puts them up there with the great teams of the 90's.

Red

TYPE-A
When I say best I mean in comparison of player by player, roster vs roster, coach/scheme vs coach/scheme. I'm not rating based on accomplishments because of the fluid dynamics and relativity. In other words a previous team could have went far in the playoffs (partly due to the competition), but compared to this team could be seen as inferior.

It looks like we are on pace to have one hell of a year that rivals our 90s teams but the proof will in the playoffs. We could lose just 3 games for the rest of the year and it would mean nothing if we have another first round exit. I love what I'm seeing and I don't deny its the best ball I've seen in over a decade, but its still too early. Other teams feared our 90s Ewing team and I don't get the sense other teams are taking us seriously yet- case and point the Heat.

Well it's relative. Those teams made the playoffs year in and out, so that accomplishment isn't the same for them as it can be for us. We have made the playoffs the last two years and are trying to build on a sweep and one game/first round exit. Being taken serious takes time also yet plenty of teams aren't taken serious until it's too late. Dallas case in point.

And I think we have the leagues attention, be it for our potential or short term accomplishments. On paper we have something very close to the formula.

It's nearly impossible to compare players/teams thru the decades because the rules have changed. The emphises on offense(zone defense, no hand checking, no hard fouls) has literally changed the game. Also bigs with low post skills(Ewing,Hakeem, mourning) don't exist anymore either. Kareem was on nba tv last week breaking down the mechanics of his sky hook and the commentator asked when he learned all this to which Kareem responded "high school." Classic. Bigs these days are to busy shooting threes and dunking out to learn even one go to post move. Then they go straight to the nba and you the Dwight Howards and Andrew Bynums of the world. None of the 90's teams had a scorer like melo. Alan was a shooter and spree was a slasher. Melo is a lethal combo of both. Time will tell the rest of the story but this the best team in over a decade to be sure and manhandling the hated Heat puts them up there with the great teams of the 90's.

For some reason I don't see why people are saying the low post game is a lost art in the NBA. I understand there's not many true centers, but I see post moves all the time. Z-Bo and M. Gasol come to mind... I've even seen D12 use impressive post moves (with the Magic).

But really like I said, I'm comparing the players not the teams accomplishments. I can make an argument this squad is the best we under 40 have ever seen. Stats can be used but it's evident when you think about it. Having a player like Melo alone eliminates most other teams. And I'm not hating on Pat but it was always "he needed... something else. A PG, Shooters, better luck, etc... imagine Pat had this team. C'mon!

I saw two finals knicks teams that had heart.

Yes I agree, they had heart; and for the most part while we've shown some, we have much to prove. In a way they had heart is a mantra we use to describe how they overachieved.

They overachieved because they didn't have as much talent as their competition. I don't feel this team lacks talent. If we overachieve it would be in the form of running through the playoffs to a title, because no one believes we can achieve that.