Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Who are Nets fans?

  1. #1
    Member vrgadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brick twnshp, NJ
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Who are Nets fans?

    So heres my thing, iv been wondering this for awhile and just didnt know who or where to ask.

    Who are brooklyn fans and who the f do they think they are?

    think about it. if your from bkny you and all your damn anscestors are knicks fans.

    are these people ex knicks fans with 0 loyalty? in which case they can die in a fire. are they people who never like bball and are just fronting? in which case they can drown in a river.

    are they jersey fans who make the trip to bklyn? which is somewhat respectable, but they had like no attendance and Barclays is packed, so it cant be only them.

    i just cant find anything positive about these so called fans........

    anyone else have any ideas?

  2. #2
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    To be fair, the Knicks have sucked for so long now that anyone who became a fan during that era could be understood for deciding to pick Brooklyn.

    It's fairweather fandom yeah but the Knicks have done almost nothing for 10 years to inspire any loyalty from the fans.

  3. #3
    Member vrgadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brick twnshp, NJ
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    To be fair, the Knicks have sucked for so long now that anyone who became a fan during that era could be understood for deciding to pick Brooklyn.

    It's fairweather fandom yeah but the Knicks have done almost nothing for 10 years to inspire any loyalty from the fans.
    i cant see how you can just switch though. i mean im a ranger fan as well and theyve stunk up the nhl for years, but its a sense of pride i get for stickin with them when they were bad, same with bball.

  4. #4
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Anyone who was Knick fan and thought since we had a bad stretch they should start fresh with Brooklyn is disloyal and corny, the whole Brooklyn Net movement is trash, their little ****ty chant their ****ty colors and uniforms and corny ass ownership

    as I type GSW owning them on their homecourt right now

  5. #5
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by vrgadin
    So heres my thing, iv been wondering this for awhile and just didnt know who or where to ask.

    Who are brooklyn fans and who the f do they think they are?

    think about it. if your from bkny you and all your damn anscestors are knicks fans.

    are these people ex knicks fans with 0 loyalty? in which case they can die in a fire. are they people who never like bball and are just fronting? in which case they can drown in a river.

    are they jersey fans who make the trip to bklyn? which is somewhat respectable, but they had like no attendance and Barclays is packed, so it cant be only them.

    i just cant find anything positive about these so called fans........

    anyone else have any ideas?
    LOL i feel you. No switching teams for me im locked in for life with every sport.

    Put it like this. Your from Brick township NJ right?
    Lets say a new team opened an arena there....
    Wouldn't you be kinda down with them?

    Like smokes said we've been ass for years so some of these so called "fans" are tired of it. They see the new team they see the new arena they see Jay z. Blah blah you feel me

  6. #6
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Anyone who was Knick fan and thought since we had a bad stretch they should start fresh with Brooklyn is disloyal and corny, the whole Brooklyn Net movement is trash, their little ****ty chant their ****ty colors and uniforms and corny ass ownership

    as I type GSW owning them on their homecourt right now
    very well put

  7. #7
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I've been a Knick fan way too long to ever cheer the Nets...I'm basking in my glory as this looks like we could represent the east this year

  8. #8
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Great Question and I have recently spied on them to figure out who they really are!


    1 Part Jay Z groupies

    1 part guys who never followed basketball but needed a new sport with the hockey lockout

    1 Mets and Jets fans who like to say there 3 favorite teams rhyme!

    side note: I am a Jets Mets fan and still will never cheer for the Nyets

    1 part New York's Russian population

    1 part guys who still wear Harvard Jersey's with Lin's name on the back

    1 part every player on the team family members

    1 small part Beyonce' fans

    1 part Stephon Marbuary's fans

    1 part guys stuck in the early 90's who still thinks wearing black makes you look tough

    1 part celebrities who could not afford tickets to The Garden (Fabulous, Rosie Perez).


    That should pretty much make up the Net's fan base

  9. #9
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I still can't believe there's people who defected. I mean I get it, the Knicks sucked for 10 years, but that pain makes watching their success far more enjoyable. When the Knicks eventually win, the magnitude of the party will just be huge!

    What's interesting is I've got several friends from Jersey who are now Knicks fans, so I think Brooklyn lost out a bit with the move, especially now with the Knicks rocking it this season.

  10. #10
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Maybe a lot of them are dormant Nets fans who finally came out because they have something to be exciting about. Same thing happened with the Knicks, a lot of people weren't watching before two years ago for a long time.

    You could say the same thing about OKC to be fair. Where did all their fans come from? They've been a team for like half a minute and they have fans all over the country

  11. #11
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    What do you call a group of Nets' fans?

    There's a murder of crows, a coven of buzzards, a labor of moles, a gaggle of geese...............

    A choad of Nets' fans?

  12. #12
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    50% people from Brooklyn
    25% people from Jersey
    20% Former knicks fans
    5% Bandwagon

  13. #13
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The Nets are falling back down to earth it seems. I really feel that if they some how miss the playoffs this year their bandwagon will get a lot smaller. Give the Nets a couple of underperforming seasons and they will be playing in an empty Barclays Center. It was bad enough that the Knicks took sort of a backseat to them during their playoff run in the early 00's but for the Knicks to have to share the spotlight with them now is difficult to stomach.

  14. #14
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    n u forgot some1

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  15. #15
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 12:31
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:41
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2011, 21:08
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2008, 11:35
  5. Nets Survive Triple Bypass.....
    By frankwilliams in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 14:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •