Who are Nets fans?

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
So heres my thing, iv been wondering this for awhile and just didnt know who or where to ask.

Who are brooklyn fans and who the f do they think they are?

think about it. if your from bkny you and all your damn anscestors are knicks fans.

are these people ex knicks fans with 0 loyalty? in which case they can die in a fire. are they people who never like bball and are just fronting? in which case they can drown in a river.

are they jersey fans who make the trip to bklyn? which is somewhat respectable, but they had like no attendance and Barclays is packed, so it cant be only them.

i just cant find anything positive about these so called fans........

anyone else have any ideas?

smokes

Huge Member
To be fair, the Knicks have sucked for so long now that anyone who became a fan during that era could be understood for deciding to pick Brooklyn.

It's fairweather fandom yeah but the Knicks have done almost nothing for 10 years to inspire any loyalty from the fans.

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
To be fair, the Knicks have sucked for so long now that anyone who became a fan during that era could be understood for deciding to pick Brooklyn.

It's fairweather fandom yeah but the Knicks have done almost nothing for 10 years to inspire any loyalty from the fans.

i cant see how you can just switch though. i mean im a ranger fan as well and theyve stunk up the nhl for years, but its a sense of pride i get for stickin with them when they were bad, same with bball.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Anyone who was Knick fan and thought since we had a bad stretch they should start fresh with Brooklyn is disloyal and corny, the whole Brooklyn Net movement is trash, their little ****ty chant their ****ty colors and uniforms and corny ass ownership

as I type GSW owning them on their homecourt right now

welcometonycity

Rotation player
So heres my thing, iv been wondering this for awhile and just didnt know who or where to ask.

Who are brooklyn fans and who the f do they think they are?

think about it. if your from bkny you and all your damn anscestors are knicks fans.

are these people ex knicks fans with 0 loyalty? in which case they can die in a fire. are they people who never like bball and are just fronting? in which case they can drown in a river.

are they jersey fans who make the trip to bklyn? which is somewhat respectable, but they had like no attendance and Barclays is packed, so it cant be only them.

i just cant find anything positive about these so called fans........

anyone else have any ideas?

LOL i feel you. No switching teams for me im locked in for life with every sport.

Put it like this. Your from Brick township NJ right?
Lets say a new team opened an arena there....
Wouldn't you be kinda down with them?

Like smokes said we've been ass for years so some of these so called "fans" are tired of it. They see the new team they see the new arena they see Jay z. Blah blah you feel me

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Anyone who was Knick fan and thought since we had a bad stretch they should start fresh with Brooklyn is disloyal and corny, the whole Brooklyn Net movement is trash, their little ****ty chant their ****ty colors and uniforms and corny ass ownership

as I type GSW owning them on their homecourt right now

very well put

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great Question and I have recently spied on them to figure out who they really are!

1 Part Jay Z groupies

1 part guys who never followed basketball but needed a new sport with the hockey lockout

1 Mets and Jets fans who like to say there 3 favorite teams rhyme!

side note: I am a Jets Mets fan and still will never cheer for the Nyets

1 part New York's Russian population

1 part guys who still wear Harvard Jersey's with Lin's name on the back

1 part every player on the team family members

1 small part Beyonce' fans

1 part Stephon Marbuary's fans

1 part guys stuck in the early 90's who still thinks wearing black makes you look tough

1 part celebrities who could not afford tickets to The Garden (Fabulous, Rosie Perez).

That should pretty much make up the Net's fan base

Sage

Rotation player
I still can't believe there's people who defected. I mean I get it, the Knicks sucked for 10 years, but that pain makes watching their success far more enjoyable. When the Knicks eventually win, the magnitude of the party will just be huge!

What's interesting is I've got several friends from Jersey who are now Knicks fans, so I think Brooklyn lost out a bit with the move, especially now with the Knicks rocking it this season.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Maybe a lot of them are dormant Nets fans who finally came out because they have something to be exciting about. Same thing happened with the Knicks, a lot of people weren't watching before two years ago for a long time.

You could say the same thing about OKC to be fair. Where did all their fans come from? They've been a team for like half a minute and they have fans all over the country

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What do you call a group of Nets' fans?

There's a murder of crows, a coven of buzzards, a labor of moles, a gaggle of geese...............

A choad of Nets' fans?

knicksin60

Starter
The Nets are falling back down to earth it seems. I really feel that if they some how miss the playoffs this year their bandwagon will get a lot smaller. Give the Nets a couple of underperforming seasons and they will be playing in an empty Barclays Center. It was bad enough that the Knicks took sort of a backseat to them during their playoff run in the early 00's but for the Knicks to have to share the spotlight with them now is difficult to stomach.

KingCharles34

All Star
viewimage_story.php

clumsy

Rotation player
Not sure, but i can tell you i don't like the Barclay's as much as MSG. I went for the Danny Garcia - Eric Morales Fight and the Sound System is kinda wack (They Had Maino rap during Paulie Malignaggi's entrance) and the nosebleeds aren't that nice.