Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Heat still the team to beat?

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    I would think their the team to beat, they are the defending champs after all.

Dont be fooled by records or where a team is siting in the standings

Miami and Boston are both two teams who can easily turn their gears to a different level in the playoffs... especially if fully healthy.
    So the title they're defending is the 2011 2012 championship correct? Which means whoever whens the championship is the new 2011 2012 champion correct? Because after all that is what they're defending. That term is used so much out of context on sports its unreal, u can't defend something you don't have and thats the 2012 2013 championship. How are they defending something that they don't even need to be beaten to attain? They may be the favorites to win it all but they aren't defending anything. When a new champ is crowned they will still be the 2011,2012 champs. In order to defend something you have to be able to lose it in which they will never lose that championship

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

its much harder do defend own title than earn title everyone is look on you how u defend that.

motivation is not same Wade already have 2 there is very few players that have more than one title in this league right now and middle age.

Knicks have serveral player with big playoff exp such as Kidd Chandler Melo Thomas Stat JR Camby and Brewer.

if knicks will be playing like that there are big chances for 50+ win and eastern finals but its too early for such talks.

Is Melo's top 7-8 (Melo, Amare, Tyson, Felton, Brewer, Kidd, Smith, Sheed, Novak versus, James, Battier, Bosh, Chalmers, Wade, Allen, Lewis, Cole, Miller) supporting cast able to carry us to the 4th quarters in late May and June? will Melo have enough gas in the tank the final 5 minutes? Harden couldnt' answer the call last summer. Right now Allen, Lewis are wildcards, they won't run the 82 games, so the record maybe a mirage, plus the Heat were down 2-1 to Indy and James willed them to a win, if the Chips are down, can Melo put up an epic performance? I don't need to see 40, when we win by 20.

We got JR and Felton, will they disappear in the playoffs? They have to come up big for us offensively, defense will be there, it's the offensive support around Melo that needs to show up consistently in the playoffs. Our depth is helping us grab headlines and wins right now, but once the benches shorten for the playoffs, is our top handful of guys enough to get it done? I think the key lies with Amare right now. If he provides bench support, we should be in good shape to take down the Heat.

yeah, Heat, Spurs, OKC, Grizz...quite a few quality teams this year. Should be more exciting then years past

Originally Posted by petescud
    yeah, Heat, Spurs, OKC, Grizz...quite a few quality teams this year. Should be more exciting then years past
    Yea, hopefully they beat the hell out of each other before they play us. #1 seed would be huge difference.

Miami is still the team to beat IMO. We will have a chance to beat them only if we have a home court advantage.

Tough to say who is the team to beat, I guess you can still put it on Miami as they won last year and just because we beat them twice this year so far doesn't mean it wouldn't be different in a seven game series, but to me the strongest team in the NBA right now is either us or OKC. They are dominating this year without James Harden, which is surprising to me as he was a big part of their team. Let's see what happens, would love to see the Knicks play them to see who would come out on top.