Do you...

• agree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blumatic

Rotation player
Yes i said it. I believe that to be a fact. Many knick fans in all Knicks forums are trashing Allan Houston. On hot 97 there was a guy trashing Allan Houston while Jamal Crawford was a guest. In the losses in Minnesota (where they knicks did not score for a field goal the last 7:57) and against Boston, Allan Houston would have made a big difference. Next to Marbury, Houston is the Knicks bets player. Might not be as talented as Crawford but he is the one of the better players on the team none-the-less. The Knicks are still a new team slowly becoking a "team" They sre still not sound offensively because they go through too many droughts. TT is stuggling mightly and Crawford is a streky shooter. Marbury is the PG (ball always in his hand) the D will lock him down cuz he is the only consistent threat for the Knicks. During those 2 losses it is clear to see that the Knicks biggest problem besides the 5 position is their lack of a "GO TO GUY" During the Layden era there were a bunch of bums of that team that could not play for the life of them. Before his injury riddled season that coincided with the change up of the team, Allan Houston was the man. He averaged a career high 21 to 22 ppg. He had a 54 pt game against the Lakers and a 50 pts game against the Bucks. That was the year after he signed that $100 million dollar deal. Allan will be our go to guy when the Knicks cant score. He is a proven veteran. But too many knicks fans forget how good this guy was. Allan has the steadiest hand in the NBA. When he takes a junp shot a lot of knicks fans feel pretty confidet when the ball leaves his hand.

Besides with his contract who can we get. The market wont take Allan and we cant afford to lose him now, since Crawford is still a streaky shooter. Allan Houston is our best player right now. He can move with outthe ball, he can hit the 3 consistently and he is our best free-throw shooter. His D is suspect, but that is the trait of all the great pure jump shooters, (Ray Allen, Mike Bibbi, Peja Stojacovic). When he comes back a lot of you will change your tune.

starpula

Benchwarmer
Agreed, like The Sports Guy said, the Knicks resemble the Olympic team. With all the slashers we have, they`ll be able to run plays that gets Houston open shots which will in turn soften up the defense. Houston can also help bust up a zone defense by hitting a few open jumpers. I've noticed that whenever a team hits a few jumpers against a zone defense, the team playing the zone panics and abandons it early. It;ll be up to the Knicks coaches to exploit this.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Agreed, that's what I said from the start, Allan Houston is the key, people trashing him have no clue what they are talking about and are morons. If any of you guys remeber my 1st couple of posts I mentioned how much Allan Houston would make a difference, especially later in the season. Let the haters trash him, they'll shut up during the playoffs when he's nailing 3's from everywhere! It's not like he's missing games so we lose, he's getting ready....

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Allan is the number one in my heart.Look at my avatar guys ! :rofl:
He is shooting the ball like no-one.

I'm sure he will be back in june.... he knows what he is doing.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Totally agree... Allan will make a hughe difference in the team when he comes back. Teams are going to start worrying about playing the Knicks once again. For now though, I don't mind letting Houston rest and get 200% healthy. With the open roster spot which he is not corrently taking we can see some playing from people who wouldn't usually get minutes with him there, so thats a plus.
Not only that, even if Allan didn't play the entire season we still would make the playoffs no problem with this current team.

Take your time Allan, but keep practicing those three pointers though.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
As one of the few pure shooters in the NBA, how could he not be key? Allan Houston is still one of the best scorers in the league when he healthy. He was one of only four guys to score 50 points or better last year. Oh yeah he did that against Shobe Bryant and the Lakers. So yeah, he is key.